Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231518 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Bonus Round
« Reply #1470 on: April 19, 2016, 09:40:07 am »

How did town win? I didn't see anyone with something that could stop Flowey.
The way I see it, there was no way whatsoever for Flowey to win- each night, I would just keep roleblocking hector. End result- the Evil role cannot win, so it's eliminated, letting town win.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 19, 2016, 09:59:54 am »

Had everyone been wrong and Moonlit had still been the (or a different!) antagonist, however...

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 19, 2016, 11:31:03 am »

I'd like to note that the third lynch replacing somebody with the "cannot win" role basically meant that player had no chance of winning once that happened to to there being no further lynches.
The whole thing with the replacement roles is they got worse and worse...
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: April 19, 2016, 03:59:39 pm »

The whole thing with the replacement roles is they got worse and worse...

Although once I realised I'd probably not get out of Day 3 alive, tried to work out what would happen and then realised I'd be given a replacement, I definitely was rather hoping that it'd end up on someone either super-Townie or super-Scummy (according to what best balanced).  As you know, from my in-private ponderings, but just so the others ;)

Not that it changed anything, for me, as I'd already decided that (if I was right about Fallacy) that the Town Power was going to have to aim straight and true against the existing threat.  Anything else was even more speculative than the current speculation...

As stated, I definitely ranked Fallacy as most 'friendly', Hector as least, on balance.  But I was the most worried of ultimately ending up being wrong about Moonlit.  Well in the background (although significant) were any worries that Fallacy just might actually being evil, then behind that was Hector actually being non-evil (not insignificant, just the smallest predicted 'error bar').  It did even occur to me to switch to voting for Moonlit, to break the stalemate, but that'd have probably gotten me the lynch-vote by Fallacy even quicker.

Surprisingly enough, if you had gotten yourself lynched D2 by acting suspicious, you would've gotten the Nabstablook role and had a chance to win.
Ah, yes, the character that the (official?) Wiki doesn't even seem to admit exists.. :P

(No, I haven't yet even checked to see if tEMMIE is mentioned..!)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 19, 2016, 04:12:32 pm »

You mean the character Tomasque spelled wrong.

Their name is Napstablook, not Nabstablook.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 9
« Reply #1475 on: April 20, 2016, 08:34:40 pm »

Round 9 - Night 0

M' Pirvate Lif Jurnel

'vil-at-Nawton was - eh - no's rep naedud
desructon. We, bro Waltn, all a-give
'e vigallant 'law orb' (ew, not curs-ed
dude)... an' person he saw not wanta liv!

- Octebr 17ht
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:15:38 pm by Tomasque »
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: April 22, 2016, 07:42:09 pm »

Round 9 - Day 1

Our town archive has finally been completed. I and the rest of the Committee of Town Planning were very pleased by the speed of its construction. As of today, the archive will be requesting one copy of each newspaper, police report, judicial statement, and other written document the moment they are available. Any papers in the archive should not be altered without my permission, including this one. We would like to keep an accurate history here, after all.

-Johnson Dibesh                       
Head of Committee of Town Planning   

January 19                           

Day ends Sunday, 6:00 PM PST
             Monday, 1:00 AM GMT
Money!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: April 22, 2016, 08:32:19 pm »

Okay, I can't even decipher half of the night text, what even.

But anyway, what's this orb thing?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: April 22, 2016, 10:18:55 pm »

Well,  I got my palindrome,  it seems, although it's a bit shorter than a sonnet.  ;)

The rest,  I cannot yet say..

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: April 22, 2016, 10:41:40 pm »

I've got nothing.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: April 22, 2016, 10:52:43 pm »

This round is bizarro, in my opinion.
Then again, the last round was bizarro.
And the round before that... and the round before that... and a lot of rounds before that.
I am going to enjoy every last little bit of this game.
~~~
So. Obvious things of note: the night text is even more bizarro.
But anyway, what's this orb thing?
Yeah, it appears to mention an "orb" in the night text. Appears. Do you understand that text, because I sure don't, mostly...

also hector13 because I want to know if we can vote.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: April 22, 2016, 10:55:22 pm »

Uhh... You can vote. I just forgot to put the Votecount up because I'm an idiot.

Well,  I got my palindrome,  it seems, although it's a bit shorter than a sonnet.  ;)

The rest,  I cannot yet say..
I am abashed at your lack of respect for my ABAB rhyming, iambic pentameter following, no-carrying-over-across-lines-palindrome!
 Yeah, I kinda lazed off there.  :P
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:00:22 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: April 22, 2016, 10:59:19 pm »

Why do you vote for me in this instance? Seems a bit of an absurd RVS vote.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: April 22, 2016, 11:00:35 pm »

Unvote. I just wanted to know if we could vote.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: April 22, 2016, 11:01:51 pm »

Then you ask, don't just throw your vote around willy-nilly :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 237