Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231550 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Bonus Round
« Reply #1455 on: April 17, 2016, 08:43:33 pm »

I just realized that each round my flavor text begins fairly neutral, but becomes very unnerving near the end. Although this does well to illustrate the tension and hysteria, it might be a bit disturbing to some people. I'll refrain from doing it in subsequent rounds if a majority of you find it in bad taste.
It's fine.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: April 17, 2016, 09:04:04 pm »

It's pretty cool, actually.  Gives a nice sense of... You said it already.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: April 17, 2016, 10:01:06 pm »

Oh shut upit's fine. Undertale can be quite dark sometimes.
Agreed.

just give up. I did.

*Shudder*

Although, if you're taking requests, could you write it as a palindromic sonnet, each and every time? ;)

;D

The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: April 17, 2016, 10:04:14 pm »

Bonus Round - Night 5

Was that someone approaching?

The Evil role MUST act tonight.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: April 18, 2016, 11:10:40 pm »

Round Over - Town Win!

The Moonlit Shadow gets one victory point.
FallacyofUrist gets one victory point.

Spoiler: Player Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unused Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Log (click to show/hide)
Money!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 18, 2016, 11:53:32 pm »

Interesting...

Didn't actually expect that you could have been mid-role replaced, Hector.  Still, you managed to mostly persuade everyone else for quite some time that you were innocent (wrongly) even if though I was shouting out loud and proud (not that it mattered to me, really) that I was so sure you were actually evil from the start (wrongly).  I don't think Moonlit was ever going to change their mind.

(And, apologies, Moonlit.  That's indeed a very specific auto you had there.  Totally out there...  Almost something one-way Masonic!)

I think I was lucky to last until the bitter end, actually.  And with just one practical chance of 'winning' (getting Moonlit's Chara Night 1, which is something I totally didn't pick up as a possibility... or perhaps I could have gotten to Frisk, first, as an alternative..?), I didn't lose out too much by landing on that winless character that I did. ;)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: April 18, 2016, 11:59:18 pm »

Well had I known there'd be endless night after D3 I would've gone after FoU instead. As it was, it would've looked super-scummy if I had after going after Starver all day.

Reason I went after TBF D1 was because of his push for a no lynch, then trying to force it. We have limited opportunity to take out scum, let's not waste them, eh? :P

Also super surprised nobody went after my supposition that I'd be made evil if something happens to Moonlit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: April 19, 2016, 12:05:27 am »

Also, sorry Starver, for the saltiness :)) that was a super-tiring round.

Also also, what was it that was making y'all (including FoU) think I was scum?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: April 19, 2016, 12:24:42 am »

Also super surprised nobody went after my supposition that I'd be made evil if something happens to Moonlit.
Probably something I could have picked up from the source material I tried to understand.

(But, big problem with that project... time...  I was offline for a small chunk of time at the start because I was away from home fixing a relative's computer hardware.  Then I returned home and found that I had my own (different) hardware problems, including that this computer's old monitor's backlight decided to give up the ghost.  And then at the end of the week I had a wisdom tooth extracted (that wasn't even causing me noticeable problems, but the dentist wanted it out... and it ended up having to be cut into small pieces to be gotten out).  The swollen half-face has only just gone down and it still feels funny, even away from where the dissolving stitches are still not dissolved.  So... anyway, I think I might have also been a bit grumpy and disinclined to back down from my own convictions for pretty much the whole of a week.)

I should have thought more about Moonlit's shock at your (first, false) reveal, but hindsight is a wonderful thing, eh? ;)

(PPE: No worries about the salt... see the ()ed paragraph, above, for my own side of the story.)

When you weren't, I just didn't like the faking, and then honestly felt it useless to be forced to not just vote but to vote sincerely when it was impossible.  At that point, it was a wrong conclusion... but it certainly meant you were high on my radar when you were trying to bring everyone down low.  Not sure if/when you could have gotten back on my good side, by then, though... especially as your motive to be seen as non-scum then became not just a matter of trying to set the facts straight, but actually necessary for camouflage...)

I should have claimed 'Town', though (and, as I think I already said, with "Find humans" rather than "Kill humans" as my claimed goal), when I finally revealed all...  I was just trying to actually be honest about my (lack of) motives at that point so that I'd be (correctly, if accidentally so) believed.  But I should perhaps have lied a little, for a more palatable tale that could have been easier believed.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: April 19, 2016, 12:31:40 am »

Oh yeah, and I couldn't ignore the fact that your full name is an anagram of Serial Murderer, and does seem to go a bit psycho, in the source material.

Something, somewhere, said 'you' wanted to gather all humans and monsters in a room and eat all their SOULs... didn't sound exactly friendly.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: April 19, 2016, 06:21:16 am »

what can i say, i told you so.

Mergh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: April 19, 2016, 07:50:34 am »

naw, pal; naw ye didnae.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: April 19, 2016, 08:26:05 am »

I'd like to note that the third lynch replacing somebody with the "cannot win" role basically meant that player had no chance of winning once that happened to to there being no further lynches.
~~~
For me, it was really all the roles-based logic. You and Starver were the only possible candidates for scum for me, and when I heard the round rule revealed... if I lynched Starver, and he was scum, I would win, and if he wasn't scum, I could deal with hector. Of course, I didn't know about my "nice guy" auto then...
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 19, 2016, 08:27:25 am »

Didn't matter, I couldn't shoot you with my friendship pellets anyways :P

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 19, 2016, 09:33:37 am »

How did town win? I didn't see anyone with something that could stop Flowey.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 237