Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231728 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #1350 on: April 05, 2016, 04:48:19 am »

Actually, I really don't trust Starver.

That claim's too open, and too...Pat.

Not to mention that Undyne generally wouldn't know they can fight after death...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #1351 on: April 05, 2016, 04:50:16 am »

Not to mention that "But loooore" is not an argument one way or another for the lynch!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Bonus Round
« Reply #1352 on: April 05, 2016, 08:15:54 am »

Bonus Round - Night 1
 A decision was made. The guilty was punished. Content with their closure, the residents of the Underground returned to an almost normal life. Soon they would realize their mistake.

hector13 (0)
FallacyofUrist (0)
TheBiggerFish (3) - FallacyofUrist, Starver, hector13
Starver (1) - TheBiggerFish
The Moonlit Shadow (0)

Not Voting: The Moonlit Shadow
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 06, 2016, 11:27:06 pm »

Bonus Round - Day 2
 In spite of their efforts to protect themselves, the killings continued. One death in particular caught their eye. It was human.

TheBiggerFish was killed in the night!
TheBiggerFish was Frisk.
Spoiler: Frisk (click to show/hide)
Here's that roleflip you wanted!
Votecount
hector13 (0)
FallacyofUrist (0)
Starver (0)
The Moonlit Shadow (0)

Day ends Friday 9:00 PM PST
              Saturday 5:00 AM GMT
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 11:29:40 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 06, 2016, 11:28:52 pm »

ARMOKDAMMIT TWICE IN A ROW WHAT THE HECK?!
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 06, 2016, 11:34:35 pm »

DAT'S WHAT YOU GET.

Lyin' bestard :P

So. Which one of you other bastards should I vote?

Starver and FoU: why were you voting TBF?

Moonlit: why weren't you voting at all?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 07, 2016, 03:57:18 am »

Why are you even asking me?

I have no idea who is scum.  And I have little idea, even about 'lore', but "it looks like I should support (claimed) Asgore more than a (claimed) Sans", as my only clue.

(We're still not sure if TBF was even(/not even) Sans, before being lynched (with no role-flip), only that the replacement flips as Neutral Frisk due to night-death (although how on (under)earth did that happen with that Mercy ability?), and so still we have no idea what TBF currently is, either... right?  So this round is doubly confusing to me.)

And then you said you would be "fucking furious if you don't vote someone by day end :P".  So I went with the only thing I knew (not that I could have changed anything had I gone nowhere/elsewhere with my vote, unless Moonlit had perhaps given me an option. to make a draw).

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 07, 2016, 08:38:52 am »

OH.
ME HAS THEORY.

Our lynch ability replaces the target, originally a monster, with a human from the outside world, perhaps?
~~~
(although how on (under)earth did that happen with that Mercy ability?)
Interesting question. This is very interesting.
~~~
I would like to note I used Blue Attack on Starver. So he took no action tonight(seeing as he's not dead)... meaning he didn't preform the kill.
Process of elimination leaves Hector and The Moonlit Shadow.

FoU: why were you voting TBF?
Because I found him suspicious. His claim seemed like "don't target me with your Blue Attack, it'll just be a waste of it".
Come to thing about it... "I'm not just going to stand there and take it"... if you compare a "Dodge" ability, and the flipped "Mercy" ability... they're quite similar.
I don't suppose we have a medium for once?

~~~
Right... where was I? Hector and the Moonlit Shadow.
Hector has been an active scum hunter for the entirety of this Bonus Round, from what I'm seeing. If he's scum, it's certainly not obvious.
That leaves The Moonlit Shadow.

NYEH HEH HEH HEH! NOW I HAVE YOU!
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 07, 2016, 09:57:55 am »

Starver

Why are you even asking me?

I have no idea who is scum.  And I have little idea, even about 'lore', but "it looks like I should support (claimed) Asgore more than a (claimed) Sans", as my only clue.

(We're still not sure if TBF was even(/not even) Sans, before being lynched (with no role-flip), only that the replacement flips as Neutral Frisk due to night-death (although how on (under)earth did that happen with that Mercy ability?), and so still we have no idea what TBF currently is, either... right?  So this round is doubly confusing to me.)

And then you said you would be "fucking furious if you don't vote someone by day end :P".  So I went with the only thing I knew (not that I could have changed anything had I gone nowhere/elsewhere with my vote, unless Moonlit had perhaps given me an option. to make a draw).

I'm asking you 'cause your vote is kind of an important thing to use, and if you're just going to throw it about, it's a bit of a pointless thing. Forcing a no lynch in these games probably isn't a good idea. The town's best weapon is the lynch, so we kinda need to use it, especially with a 3 day limit.

If you don't know who is scum, use your best guess. You didn't really participate in D1 (though you have an excuse) so of course you're not going to have a read on the other players. You never really ask questions... it's bothersome :P

This is why I was voting TBF: the constant attempts at trying to force a no-lynch. Not helpful.

If you hadn't voted, we'd have had 60% of the town not doing anything, which is quite frustrating. That's why I would have been "fucking furious".

TBF flipped so... I'm fairly confident (even under bastard conditions) that he died with the role "Frisk". What makes you think that the role he flipped with isn't the role he has?

FoU

OH.
ME HAS THEORY.

Our lynch ability replaces the target, originally a monster, with a human from the outside world, perhaps?

What makes you say that? Just trying to look as though you're engaging?

(although how on (under)earth did that happen with that Mercy ability?)
Interesting question. This is very interesting.

I would like to note I used Blue Attack on Starver. So he took no action tonight(seeing as he's not dead)... meaning he didn't preform the kill.

Can Starver confirm that he took no actions during the night phase?

Because I found him suspicious. His claim seemed like "don't target me with your Blue Attack, it'll just be a waste of it".
Come to thing about it... "I'm not just going to stand there and take it"... if you compare a "Dodge" ability, and the flipped "Mercy" ability... they're quite similar.

What do you mean by this? Why is this suspicious?

Hector has been an active scum hunter for the entirety of this Bonus Round, from what I'm seeing. If he's scum, it's certainly not obvious.

So you're voting Moonlit because Moonlit isn't me?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 07, 2016, 10:13:43 am »

OH.
ME HAS THEORY.

What makes you say that? Just trying to look as though you're engaging?
I said that because TBF role flipped as Frisk, a human... and everybody claimed as a monster initially. And because it makes sense given the lore/flavor.

The bolded green text is my reason for suspicion, not the sentence under it. The sentence under it was just idle musings as to the mechanics.

So you're voting Moonlit because Moonlit isn't me?
Okay... allow me to explain my reasoning for voting Moonlit...

I know I'm not the scum. That leaves Moonlit, you, and Starver as scum candidates.
Assuming the scum used the kill, Starver can't be the scum because if he took an action last night, he would be dead. Seeing as he's alive, he took no action, thus he couldn't have preformed the kill.
The only remaining candidates for scum are you and Moonlit.
Based on analysis of your behavior(a whole lot of scum hunting, no evasion that I could detect), you're town, leaving Moonlit.
He's the only candidate for scum left, hence he's scum.

If using the lynch on him doesn't win us the game, I'll use Blue Attack on you to prevent you from killing somebody during the night, then we'll lynch you.

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!

Any criticism of my plan?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 07, 2016, 10:22:23 am »

Note that TBF used font to make his claim seem more reasonable too, what's to stop us thinking you're doing the same?

I said that because TBF role flipped as Frisk, a human... and everybody claimed as a monster initially. And because it makes sense given the lore/flavor.

He also flipped with more or less the same ability that he claimed, too.

The bolded green text is my reason for suspicion, not the sentence under it. The sentence under it was just idle musings as to the mechanics.

He also claimed investigator. Why were you willing to block (and lynch) someone who claimed that?

Any criticism of my plan?

You seem to think you're above suspicion.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 07, 2016, 02:15:51 pm »

Note that TBF used font to make his claim seem more reasonable too, what's to stop us thinking you're doing the same?
I'm not doing the same. The "NYEH HEH HEH HEH" thing is just a bit of in-character fun.
NYEH HEH HEH HEH! Just for fun.
~~~
He also claimed investigator. Why were you willing to block (and lynch) someone who claimed that?
Because I didn't believe his claim.
~~~
You seem to think you're above suspicion.
Bravo. This is very important. My plan works from my perspective, but my identity as town is not guaranteed to anybody else yet(as far as I know)...
So how about this: Starver's still alive. According to my claim, that could only have happened if he took no action(or a redirector or something got involved). If he states that he took no action, would that be proof of my identity enough for you?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 07, 2016, 02:36:45 pm »

No, because you could be lying about your claim.

Proper scumhunting might encourage me to think differently.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 07, 2016, 03:28:44 pm »

No, because you could be lying about your claim.
Then how would I have known that Starver took no action? If I was scum, guessing that Starver took no action would be a ridiculous risk...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 07, 2016, 04:37:57 pm »

As it happens, I made no action.  Whether that proves anything, I don't know, but I'll put it on the table.

I'm asking you [about my<-Starver's vote] 'cause your vote is kind of an important thing to use, and if you're just going to throw it about, it's a bit of a pointless thing. Forcing a no lynch in these games probably isn't a good idea. The town's best weapon is the lynch, so we kinda need to use it, especially with a 3 day limit.
Fish was already lynched.  My vote was already a pointless thing, whether thrown around, carefully considered, based upon secret and arcane knowledge only I might have known that I even had or plain not used at all... no difference.

Demanding that votes be used is... not exactly a powerful argument.  Demanding that, when they are used, they must always be used in the most purposeful way is better but (as per my example) the only purpose I could see it being used for was in making sure that I reinforced my own POV as best I could.  (If there'd have been a vote-negation/double-vote skill in play, then maybe I did something, but without knowing who might have been negating/doubling, if anyone at all, that's pure conjecture at the moment.  Also day-end lynching vote-counts didn't seem to suggest this.)

Process of elimination leaves Hector and The Moonlit Shadow.

[...]

In my mind, if Fish's night-time role (different from the one that died in the lynch) had that bulletproof skill, it means that either the killer has (effectively) armour-piercing-bullets in their skill or else the bulletproof vest is one-use only and both Hector+Moonlit attacked, overwhelming the defence...

I'm inclined to vote Hector, on the basis of the series of announcements that summarise as "I'm the First Human... no wait, no I'm not, I'm a non-human, just like the rest of you... hahahaha just joking because <reason />..."  And maybe you're even Neutral (as Frisk is/was), but right now that doesn't mean anything to me.

And, you'll be pleased to see, I may be currently creating a tie, but it's far from a foregone conclusion as to whether my vote is useless!  Yay voting power!  I'm not sure it's the best vote I can make, but the only other ('more useful') vote I could make would be to reinforce the first vote, and you apparently don't like that practice... :P
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 237