Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231909 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #1185 on: March 27, 2016, 04:15:45 pm »

Guess I'll clue you in and say I'm voting Moonlit, then. 'bout 6.5 hours left.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 27, 2016, 11:43:09 pm »

Round 8 - Night 4
   There was no time to dispose of the dead. The desperate survivors were ready the moment the lights dimmed. Ready - for themselves - to run for life; Ready - towards others - to beat to death. If they lost, they - humanity - would never have home. If they won...

...would they - at home - have any humanity?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 28, 2016, 10:51:53 am »

Round 8 - Day 5
 Until now, the crew believed they could endure the losses. Now, the body of another human lies on the floor, and above it stand two figures. The last remaining human, and the only alien sent to confront them all. How could they have underestimated it so much?

The Moonlit Shadow died of his wounds
 The Moonlit Shadow was the Politician
Spoiler: Politician (click to show/hide)

Day ends Wednesday, 9:00 AM PST
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 28, 2016, 10:53:58 am »

Well poop.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 28, 2016, 10:58:31 am »

There can only be one archetype that's doubled, eh Moonlit? :P

Confirmation bias is a bitch.

gg Starver.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 28, 2016, 12:03:11 pm »

((Game hasn't ended, guys.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: March 28, 2016, 12:53:48 pm »

((Game hasn't ended, guys.))

Game is more or less over, anyway. He'll vote for me, I'll vote for him.

Is there any particular reason the day is lasting 48 hours under these circumstances, or is it just because of Override?

I was about to get mad at Moonlit for not noting that I claimed the exact role that one of his autos mentioned, but then noticed it was secret :)) whoops!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 28, 2016, 02:56:53 pm »

Well, that surprised me, I must say.  Half expecting to be voted upon, which would have been awkward.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 28, 2016, 03:14:43 pm »

@Tomasque: I thought there could only be doubles of 1 role?
Usually, yes. However I decided to throw you off extra today. Don't expect it to happen for a while now, at least.

...right?
Money!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: March 28, 2016, 05:05:35 pm »

*sigh*

Much of my scumhunt was based off that.

Yup. Thanks!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: March 28, 2016, 06:18:57 pm »

My scumhunt was based off of that, too, if it helps...

The game may yet be continuing, however, so I'll just mention that I was still expecting Moonlit to be (maliciously-inclined?) Neutral at best.  Now it's Hector that is this?

FWIW, I'm voting for you Hector, but still wondering if I shall be surprised at how the game actually ends.  That's how paranoid I am.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 28, 2016, 06:29:15 pm »

My scumhunt was based off of that, too, if it helps...

The game may yet be continuing, however, so I'll just mention that I was still expecting Moonlit to be (maliciously-inclined?) Neutral at best.  Now it's Hector that is this?

FWIW, I'm voting for you Hector, but still wondering if I shall be surprised at how the game actually ends.  That's how paranoid I am.

Well, one of the things I'm passive-aggressively blaming Moonlit for (sorry!) was my inability to notice your playback ability doesn't make any sense. (the other thing being the Evil role having an ability that gets announced publicly not making sense...)

I'm town, unhappily so, and given my auto specifically mentions the Evil role... You are also the only other person that is alive at this point, so it's a fairly simple process of elimination maneuver :P

What is your role then, seeing as it doesn't matter at this point.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: March 28, 2016, 06:59:52 pm »

Well, one of the things I'm passive-aggressively blaming Moonlit for (sorry!) was my inability to notice your playback ability doesn't make any sense.
Well, for most of the game now I've been waiting to reveal that I'm the real (or, once I decided there was definite symmetry, the second) Special.  I was rather upset that there were so quickly two claims, because it confused me.

And my Playback skill as Technician (NB: nobody asked me what I was, but that's what I would have told you) with such limited and ambiguous access to the ship's systems turned out to be really rubbish as an Investigative skill (possibly Insane Cop, at best...).  And obviously trying to find out who a voteless was voting for, Night 2, would have been pure madness unless I still believed that the Voteless role was actually lying about something...  No, I wasn't ever an actual Investigator and never claimed to be one, but you two were bickering so much (I tried to get you to stop it!) that it seemed better to let you assume and work out what else I should do.

(After all, I almost always don't-quite-claim Investigator, in some manner, each time that I'm not one at all - just to try to get the Evil to attack me instead of somebody more important who does have that skill.)

What is your role then, seeing as it doesn't matter at this point.
I'll wait, cheers.  Just in case there's a "(1-shot, d) Laser-guided Polymorph Attack: Instadeath upon any role that you absolutely know the true role-name for." - or something else that Tomasque is still hiding.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: March 28, 2016, 10:05:44 pm »

Well... You haven't achieved your wincon yet.

Also the whole "true Special" doesn't stand up to Moonlit's flip :P

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: March 28, 2016, 10:40:10 pm »

Well... You haven't achieved your wincon yet.

Also the whole "true Special" doesn't stand up to Moonlit's flip :P
|
Weak (F and F) Weak
|
Special (Moonlit and Myself) Special
|
You
|
Potential symmetry, across the line down the 'and's and passing through outlier at the bottom.  You could claim a swap between Myself and You, or just appropriate that self-same text but from your own First Person Viewpoint, if you insist on deluding anyone left who is confused, of course... :P

The way I saw it, at a given hypothetical  point before everyone tried to kill off the Weaks, probably because it seemed much easier and quicker to do, there was a possibility that the Weaks would be left alone and accepted as 'more possibly true than two "power" positions copying each other in archetype', and the remaining three would have been looked at more intensely but possibly with the acceptance of there being two Specials.

Imagine, then, if there had been a successful attack upon Moonlit (entirely possible, had Moonlit not been able/willing to Cower, thus forcing us to consider the slaughter of the innocents that we actually pursued), then imagine what me-Special would be thinking...  I'm Special, Moonlit was proven Special, to go along with the two Weaks...

Aside from a "no Evils at all" total Bastardy version of the game (with suitable Secret Autos meaning three Rock/Paper/Scissors-style complementary specials determining 'relative' Evils for everyone's Wincon, if not a Rock/Paper/Scissors/Lizard/Spock five-way 'tournament of relative advantages'), my most logical personal observation would be that it was such a symmetry, with you the odd one out, and that's the position I'd need to consider defending and presenting as a possibility to the other two, so as not to lose against you, my clear enemy!  (Unless there were actually three of us, Tomasque really having thrown a curve.)  And if we hadn't managed to kill Moonlit (despite some of us trying, but thinking better of it the next day!), and there were questions about my seemingly unreliable skill...

It's *simples* logic!  As Tomasque knows, from the way I have been explaining so many of my thoughts, every step of the way...  (Really, pity poor Tomasque, for I must have nigh on filled up his My Messages inbox up, over the last few rounds, even not counting that 'Messages Only' round...)

Anyway I was, actually, expecting a Driver-type character, as per that other round, but in key functional ways you seem to be the Anti-Driver.  But with the twist that Moonlit is the Secret Co-Driver...
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 237