Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231799 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #1140 on: March 22, 2016, 05:48:08 pm »

Okay.

I did bad, but never mind.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: March 22, 2016, 05:55:03 pm »

You did what?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 22, 2016, 06:01:12 pm »

You did what?

Claimed too early. Ah well, live (or not, as the case may be) and learn. This is mostly me worrying about Moonlit and/or Starver as scum. Though I think it's FoU.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 22, 2016, 06:23:28 pm »

Ah.

Good luck not dying to the two-hitter guy...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 22, 2016, 06:34:45 pm »

TMS:Why not?

"Just enough variation to keep you guessing."
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 22, 2016, 06:48:50 pm »

Ugh...

Hector, there's a lot of trust we need to believe you. And you haven't been completely honest... If we don't kill you today, then scum wins. However, with both Town Weakness claims dead, I think we'll have a good chance to kill scum anyway... but this creates a huge problem.

We can't trust you. We just can't. If we're wrong, we lose.

You have too many abilities, too. 4 life, 1 shot BP, game doesn't end until scum dies.

With the double hitter (assuming it wasn't a 1-shot) we have 5 votes on the board. That's enough to kill Hector, FoU, and TBF.

We need the double hitter to come forward. I suspect they're a neutral, and we need them to win. They need to hit Hector, and with me that's enough to kill him. TBF finishes Fallacy, Hector finishes TBF, me and it seems Starver kill Hector.

Hector: Why don't you understand that there can't be two Town Weaknesses and two Town Specials?

What's a 1-shot BP? I have 4HP and if I die the game ends the next day, if I'm alive we keep going 'til scum dies.

We could just not kill anyone at all and get to tomorrow. Don't think anyone will go for that though.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 22, 2016, 07:05:22 pm »

...with just enough deviation to keep you guessing!
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 22, 2016, 07:06:32 pm »

...with just enough deviation to keep you guessing!
Also explicit.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 22, 2016, 07:14:19 pm »

Still didn't answer my question Hector. 1-shot BP, as I'm sure you know, is your armor.

@TBF: It explicitly states this is so on the Opening Post.

TBF answered it for me.

Re: armour: That was BS to stop folk attacking me. You need three people to vote for me for me to die today, assuming TBF wasn't lying about the 2 damage, and if he was being honest, the 2 damage wasn't 1-shot.

If we do that the game ends tomorrow, so there's one more opportunity for a vote.

Moonlit sounds like he wants less than three people alive so he can win tomorrow. He's not been cleared but wants to tell the town what to do, and expects us to trust his analysis despite having to be told twice that FoU claims to be unable to vote (arguably then a safe lynch) and twice be told that I had claimed armour to protect me from damage.

PPE: it is also explicitly stated there will be some variance, Moonlit. Two explicit statements from the mod stating different things regarding role distribution. Not a good basis for an argument, is it?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 22, 2016, 08:21:23 pm »

*Head aslopes*  <Booom!>

Top of my personal list: at least one double is still a bad double.

Couldn't do anything about Hector, if it is he, and now (it seems) Hector might be important.  So ignore that possibility for the time being.  (Possibility of it being a great big lie, but it would need a combined hit from three of the rest of us, anyway, and I don't think we're going to get that consensus.... if we get another day of play then we know something about the claim is true, though, so... wait?)
Couldn't do anything about Moonlit, if it is he, with Mod-confirmed immunity today.  So ignore that possibility for the time being. (No possibility of there not being a Bulletproofness, but who knows the background to that is the claimed Politician...  Still, if Hector is right, I get another day to check things... so... still wait?)
Fish'n'Fallacy...  If Fish is lying, then likely a vote (or two?) come flying out of nowhere, at the end of today, even if it's the last act.  If Fallacy is lying, then Fallacy is full-health, and one vote only against Fallacy would show up the lie tomorrow (if Hector is telling the truth!), prompting disposal then if there's not a very good explanation forthcoming.

I'm now tempted to be the designated vote upon Fallacy (though seems a bit of a Witch Trial thing... if the old lady floats, she's a witch and should be put to death; if she sinks and drowns then she isn't... but is now drowned).

Perhaps we need to be sure about Fallacy.  Two votes, so that if there's only a 'loyal' survivor tomorrow, and Fallacy is alive, that last vote would kill the affirmed scum?

Ok, I don't like bloodbaths, like described before, but let's try this hypothetical...  Fallacy votes Fish (Fish doomed), Moonlit doubtless wants to vote Hector (by my reckoning, assuming the 4HP claim is correct and Moonlit's first shot never got blocked, that leaves Hector at 2HP, in any 'tomorrow' that happens) but nobody can attack Moonlit, so let both myself and Hector target Fallacy?  Then if I get the opportunity of an intervening night I Playback... no I won't say who...  but it might help narrow things down.  (And if I find I've been attacked, I might as well add that to the information I've gathered, and assume that person is trying to remove me and my Playback, but as they can't succeed I don't think that'll happen.  Even if it's that 2-hit attack, I will reveal that, as well as my skill's result.)  Then tomorrow, we either have a live Fallacy who (regardless of what else happens overnight to the rest of us) can be killed, or a dead one that indicates that (while Hector's claim is correct in at least one particular) Moonlit is now the primary scum (unless there's other information at hand), and me and Hector can send Moonlit down to 1HP, Hector is still safe and then Moonlit gets killed the following day, at the latest.

Does that sound right?  Not sure.  There's probably something tricksy that would foil such a plan, so far unrevealed.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: March 22, 2016, 08:34:47 pm »

I have my vote on Fallacy.

Also, I know for a fact that he is at most at 2 HP.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: March 22, 2016, 08:38:33 pm »

How do you know this for a fact? You voted for him before?

I'll vote for him too, I'd like to make certain he goes down.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 22, 2016, 08:41:50 pm »

I think I mixed up Fallacy and Fish (again!) in that post.

But, on re-reading it, I hardly understand what I put, anyway.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 22, 2016, 08:44:43 pm »

You do like to exposit, and you do like parentheses :P

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 23, 2016, 08:16:59 am »

Wow.
Hector's claim is just... wow.
If he hadn't been acting very townie for the rest of this round(in my opinion), I would have gone after him.
I would like to note that if he's scum, he's playing brilliantly.
~~~
I will confirm I only have one HP left. One vote is all that will be needed to off me.
~~~
Also, if I'm a doppelganger, how did I vote twice last night?
... did TBF just claim strongman?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 237