Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231830 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #1110 on: March 21, 2016, 07:25:46 pm »

Not to me.

Well... I voted FoU, I imagine he voted me too. *shrugs* I didn't get told I was attacked.

From what you said in the last round, I was willing to think that it was indicative of your (redirected?) attempt to vote/attack me, thus it should mean Fallacy voted-upon you.  But Fallacy claims no voting ability.  One or both of you might easily have been claiming wrongly (for whatever reason), but not both.

Maybe it's just basic interactions, then...  Had I checked you again (didn't see any value in that), maybe I'd have seen Fallacy in return?

Unless Fallacy has anything important to add, I'll go with that.  But FYI for whoever else might know to piece it all together. (And/or to fabricate a plausible yet unincriminating explanation... at this stage of the game I'm not sure it matters, though, given how Town seems to be miraculously undepleted.)

No, I did vote you directly yesterday, but... I have no idea why it didn't work. Either that or you're not saying, which is understandable.

Only issue is this is the third cycle of a three cycle limit... we need to get rid of the scum today.

I've been having issues reading everybody in this game. Your reticence always bothers me so I shouldn't have voted you yesterday based on that, and currently I'm most bothered by FoU and then Moonlit. TBF, if scum, deserves a win.

Also, Moonlit, what about my ability doesn't make sense? I can choose to put on armour during the day to avoid taking damage. It's old armour, though, so I can only use it one time.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 21, 2016, 07:26:49 pm »

EBWOP (ninjaed!): Yet the Day Start text suggests that it matters, I suppose.

Assumption: Fish is one vote from Death.  Fallacy is one vote from Death.  Anybody else could (now) be killed by a coalition of no less than three voters.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 21, 2016, 07:28:22 pm »

EBWOP2: Assumptions based upon announced facts, that is.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 21, 2016, 10:15:35 pm »

We need to decide on someone to lynch properly today. Everybody, say who you want to be lynched and state your case.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 21, 2016, 10:56:26 pm »

I want to hear from Moonlit before I consider putting forward my full POV/intentions for today, to be honest.  Not because I have reasons to think that it is Moonlit (other than the "two Specials" one, but then again there's the "two Weaks" in claim too) but there's been no Day 3 chat from that direction and, maybe the key to this whole episode is still waiting to be revealed...

(On top of that, Moonlit is currently bulletproof, if the original Day 1 plan has been put into effect, and if that's still the truth then we could clearly test that as a sideline by votes not actually required to accomplish any other scumhunt.  Or, it's determined to be a lie by enough of us and Moonlit is the primary target after all.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 22, 2016, 08:38:38 am »

Your[Starver's] reticence always bothers me so I shouldn't have voted you yesterday based on that, and currently I'm most bothered by FoU and then Moonlit. TBF, if scum, deserves a win.
Well... I voted FoU, I imagine he voted me too. *shrugs* I didn't get told I was attacked.
Did you vote me yesterday, or did you vote Starver yesterday? These look contradictory. And as I've said before, I can't vote.
~~~
I've got two wounds, courtesy of yesterday, one from hector and one from TBF(who can see surprisingly well).
~~~
Everybody, say who you want to be lynched and state your case.
I want TBF to be lynched.
Point one. His claim. His claim being that he doesn't know who votes him, because he's a somewhat blind historian. Yet... if that's the case, then how did he manage to see well enough to kick me in the head?
Point two.
It's the fact that my weakness role is so much less weak than his.
He's apparently unable to vote at all.
That just makes no sense.
Well, I know my Weakness role is real... which makes this quote make TBF seem like he's fake claiming.
Point three.
Nothing in particular, but I still don't trust you.
Call it gut feeling but you just strike me as...Off.
Irrational fixation on me. Okay, maybe not this one.

And last but not least, POINT FOUR.
Yeah. I know one person hit me and I know I took 2 damage.
Ar, matey, apparently mr. fish was hit by one person and took 2 damage from that. But he can't tell us who it is... meaning we can't make a lynch against said suspect.
I think that mr. fish is lying about the strongman.
I think... that we've got a different threat at hand.

So... does your Playback tell you who someone voted for?
It's supposed to be a limited search of images on the Ship systems, as related to the target.  I had somewhat assumed it would give me something understandable (what they do when they don't think they're being watched? ...an actual night-time act by that person, or else proof that they did nothing?), but when I specified you as the target (such being my choice, for reasons I'm sure I already at least partially explained), all I got in return was that I saw myself.  No context to it.

That's probably in line with the apparently underpowered nature of most of us, and something else that I need to solve the mystery of before I go much further, as I'm spilling more than I would like.  I'm probably intended to meld it with either another person's experiences or another night's usage, but that'd be second-guessing.
Based on the most recent claim of Playback's use, targeting me and showing hector, I believe that it reveals a random player who voted the target. Starver got a result of himself when targeting hector. But I'm pretty sure he didn't vote hector the previous day...
So what I'm saying is this:
The Evil role is a doppleganger, who can appear as another crew member.
And I think it's TBF.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 22, 2016, 09:23:24 am »

All votes against The Moonlit Shadow are not counted today.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 22, 2016, 09:57:30 am »

Well that's a thing.
I'm curious about why it wasn't announced at the beginning of the day, though.
In other news, TMS is something of confirmed town/neutral, because if he was evil he would be guaranteed to win now...
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 22, 2016, 03:27:53 pm »

Hang on a minute, did you just tell FoU to vote for somebody?

I still want Fallacy lynched.

Him seizing on "But you can't attack because you can't see who voted you!" just doesn't make sense.

I mean, it makes sense, but I never claimed I couldn't vote, just that I couldn't see who voted me.  Being voted on and voting are two different things.

Also, if I'm a doppelganger, how did I vote twice last night?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 22, 2016, 03:40:34 pm »

I'll tell you why.
I misread the ability and Tomasque sent me a PM to clarify. It's actually for the day I use it on, and I just used it about when I posted my votecount post. I didn't want to tell you because you'd think I was lying.

And I got a hidden auto that reveals my action :(

Anyway, I think we need to kill as many people today as possible. We have 4 votes that are gonna work, so Fallacy, vote TBF. I suspect you already are, anyway.

I'll vote you. And that leaves enough votes to kill Hector. We'll take out 3 out of 4 suspects, making this our best chance to win.

Er... who made you town leader? Who cleared you as town? Why should we do anything that you just suggested?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 22, 2016, 03:50:38 pm »

EBWOP: particularly when you consider FoU claimed he can't vote...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 22, 2016, 03:54:41 pm »

So... does your Playback tell you who someone voted for?
It's supposed to be a limited search of images on the Ship systems, as related to the target.  I had somewhat assumed it would give me something understandable (what they do when they don't think they're being watched? ...an actual night-time act by that person, or else proof that they did nothing?), but when I specified you as the target (such being my choice, for reasons I'm sure I already at least partially explained), all I got in return was that I saw myself.  No context to it.

That's probably in line with the apparently underpowered nature of most of us, and something else that I need to solve the mystery of before I go much further, as I'm spilling more than I would like.  I'm probably intended to meld it with either another person's experiences or another night's usage, but that'd be second-guessing.
Based on the most recent claim of Playback's use, targeting me and showing hector, I believe that it reveals a random player who voted the target.

Well... when you consider that Starver claims not to have voted, and Moonlit and I both confirmed Moonlit voted for me on D1, and that's all the people who voted for me... your analysis is wrong.

It's much more likely that it shows who the person who is being "played back" voted for. So why did it show that if you can't vote, hm?

Oh right, oops.

Never mind.

TBF, you kill Fallacy. I'll move my vote.

I've not used my armour yet, byraway... The only people we can kill today are FoU, TBF and Starver. I'll be voting for FoU. You can vote for TBF if you want.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 22, 2016, 03:55:06 pm »

TMS:Did you claim?  What did you claim?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 22, 2016, 03:55:50 pm »

(Everything I wanted to say has now been Ninjaed, before I got to post it.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 22, 2016, 04:00:04 pm »

I can vote strategically, although my distaste at doing so is made known.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 237