Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 232007 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #945 on: March 16, 2016, 06:39:18 pm »

Technically there were three, I was a neutral in the last game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 16, 2016, 06:40:42 pm »

Yes, that's why I find it strange.

And yes.

Wait what now?  Seriously?

...Still vaguely suspicious but less so.

Starver:Talk?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 16, 2016, 06:43:52 pm »

Yes, that's why I find it strange.

And yes.

Wait what now?  Seriously?

...Still vaguely suspicious but less so.

RE: Starver: asking a question might do it.

Also, what were you referring to with "seriously"?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 16, 2016, 06:45:22 pm »

Three Weakness/Neutral roles last game.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 16, 2016, 06:47:21 pm »

We only had two townies a few rounds ago, 't ain't that bizarre :P

Though I'd certainly appreciate you trying to confirm or reject your suspicions about FoU.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 16, 2016, 06:47:42 pm »

Hmmm....
I don't trust FoU...
I could do with a "why" to this question.
~~~
How would a "thief" even work in this round? As far as I know, we don't have items...
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 16, 2016, 06:49:53 pm »

Hmmm....
I don't trust FoU...
I could do with a "why" to this question.
~~~
How would a "thief" even work in this round? As far as I know, we don't have items...

What's your point?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 16, 2016, 06:51:01 pm »

wait a minute, we've already had a thief role before...
~~~
My point is that I don't see how a thief role would work in this round.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 16, 2016, 06:53:33 pm »

wait a minute, we've already had a thief role before...
~~~
My point is that I don't see how a thief role would work in this round.

Well, the thief role before stole roles, rather than items.

Perhaps you just don't want us considering the possibility?

Have you never seen "The Thing" before? (again, the old one. Not sure if the newer one is any good)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 16, 2016, 06:55:44 pm »

((Never seen said movie before.))

Eh. There's nothing wrong with considering the possibility of some sort of thief, but it doesn't seem likely to me.
Instead of theorizing about a thief, I would prefer to hunt down the evil role in this round.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 16, 2016, 06:59:55 pm »

Votes are PMed to me. They can be changed.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 16, 2016, 07:00:53 pm »

You also might just be over-thinking things;
Hey, that's not allowed!  I'm the one who should be overthinking things!

RE: Starver: asking a question might do it.
Naw... That was just for the pretend role I was trying to pretend I had the last game.

(Only just come back, after some late-night shopping.  That's RL, not gamelife.  So I skimmed the last three pages, I'll go back again over it when I have a moment, but for the time being...)

Now you're arguing over how many different roles there are, and knowledge of how Round 7 went, it makes my question from Round 6 of "What roles do you think there are?" quite a sensible one, it seems... ;)

Anyway, this round I've only seen one Weak claimed (and with an outline!), one "might as well be Weak" (either Neutral or something Special that isn't appreciated? ...not much more information), one Special (unknown aspect of the flavour), I've missed Fish's claim (if one was made) and I know mine, but that's something I really don't want the Evil (who has, by now, fairly probably said something untrue) to know.

And four five new replies whilst writing that.  Busy!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 16, 2016, 07:07:30 pm »

Fair enough. Just letting you know my thoughts on the matter.

Starver: thoughts on proceedings?

FoU: thoughts on TBF's weakness claim?

Moonlit: you seemed awfully quick to dismiss my thoughts about a thief, suggesting overly complex ability combinations before considering simpler things. What was that about?

TBF: you're suspicious of FoU as he claimed weakness role. Why should we, and FoU specifically, not also be suspicious of you for the same reason?

PPE: telling TBF to ask a question was mostly because "talk?" isn't encouraging you to do anything useful heh. Also, Fish claimed weakness.

You also made the "I don't really want Evil to know my role" in the last round :o

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 16, 2016, 07:13:22 pm »

@hector:It just struck me as odd that a) he claimed THAT FAST and b) he claimed my archetype.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 1
« Reply #959 on: March 16, 2016, 07:20:04 pm »

I am a Psychologist. I can inspect people to see if they are town or not.
This is one example of me claiming early in this game.
There are several others.
~~~
And there's nothing stopping there from being two town weakness roles, as last round demonstrated.
~~~
FoU: thoughts on TBF's weakness claim?
He's given no details other than being town weakness, for starters...
and thus far, we don't have any evidence for him being town weakness, oui?

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 237