Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231750 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 6
« Reply #765 on: March 05, 2016, 11:32:44 pm »

I just looked at the opening flavor.

Explain.

I'll hold off on actually shooting anyone till then, though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 05, 2016, 11:35:22 pm »

Question: Have we had a role name called Gunsmith before?

Because I knew that there were street guys. Also it made sense - remember, I'm the blackmailer.

I need to sleep now D:

You said that accepted FoU's claim because you were constantly looking down on the poor, not because you were the blackmailer. So what about his claim was believable?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 05, 2016, 11:36:46 pm »

Also, I think his very plausible role fails the lore test.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 05, 2016, 11:45:28 pm »

Also, I think his very plausible role fails the lore test.

What is this lore test?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 05, 2016, 11:46:38 pm »

Read the first post of the round.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 05, 2016, 11:58:03 pm »

Mmm... Not sure, your argument seems a bit flimsy.

What I'm going for is that he accepted FoU's claim as Town Weakness, but shot him anyway. Why would he shoot someone he accepts as town as a town player?

Even if he didn't accept it as Town Weakness, FoU claimed to get rid of all items he got, including bombs, and Moonlit stated a desire to keep you alive. But shot him anyway. Why would he shoot someone who could conceivably stop another player dying as a town player?

He also said he was deciding between Starver and myself... So why is he shooting FoU?

Obviously I'm a bit biased in this, though, so take the analysis with a pinch of salt.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 05, 2016, 11:59:32 pm »

I shall reiterate that I'm not going to shoot anybody just yet, but I'm pretty sure who it is that I'm shooting.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 06, 2016, 12:01:05 am »

Well telling us who you're considering probably won't hurt.

What are you looking for to help either cement your decision or convince you otherwise?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 06, 2016, 12:03:14 am »

It's probably TMS right now.

What I'm looking for is anything that either disproves or proves the contradictions I've seen.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 06, 2016, 12:04:10 am »

A role name might help.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 06, 2016, 12:04:55 am »

(that is, TMS's role name, not yours, hector.)
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 06, 2016, 12:09:11 am »

What contradictions have you seen?

I've told you everything about my role that I can, anyway, short of directly quoting my PM.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 06, 2016, 12:10:20 am »

I've seen contradictions between him being an official and Town Hall being "completely silent".
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 06, 2016, 12:11:10 am »

Hector, it's TMS I'm asking about their role.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 06, 2016, 12:19:22 am »

I'm not sure flavour arguments are the way to go. Tomasque did also outlaw flavour discussion a few rounds ago.

*decides to discuss it anyway*

I mean it's a semi-bastard game, yeah, but... I've had parts of my role flavour in previous rounds pique my interest in regards to secret autos that didn't come to fruition, and I didn't suspect that I had a secret auto this round that assigns my gun to someone if I choose not to act.

PPE: I know about the role thing, just letting you know that if you have questions about my role, I probably don't have answers.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 237