Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231437 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 6
« Reply #585 on: February 27, 2016, 06:53:27 pm »

I'll ask a question then, just to make it more reasonable.

You dropping hints again?
Actually, no.  Too engrossed in working out everyone else, still.  Too many gaps.  I'll probably have a lead, later.

Are there no leads just now you could follow?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 27, 2016, 07:26:34 pm »

So... does that mean you have to use the gun to end the day, or can we lynch?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 27, 2016, 07:27:30 pm »

I think we have a lynch, we'd know by now.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 27, 2016, 07:28:49 pm »

Part of the reason why I voted Starver: sometimes it has taken until we do something before something is revealed. So not necessarily :P

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 27, 2016, 07:39:36 pm »

From FoU's claim I'd say everyone has an item and everyone also has an auto that lets them get rid of a different item. That'd be cool, anyway.
Well, I didn't start out with an item, and my first auto causes me to throw away all the items I receive....
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 27, 2016, 07:40:32 pm »

From FoU's claim I'd say everyone has an item and everyone also has an auto that lets them get rid of a different item. That'd be cool, anyway.
Well, I didn't start out with an item, and my first auto causes me to throw away all the items I receive....

Do you know anything about the blackmail item?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 27, 2016, 07:43:16 pm »

Other than the fact that it's called blackmail and I received it: no.
I have some theories, though.

Maybe a player who actually receives it and doesn't throw it away has to post within scum-dictated restrictions for the day...
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 27, 2016, 07:44:39 pm »

That's not up to me.  Daytime leads depend on daytime information, and I already know everything that I know I could myself know.

The next new lead of my very own seemingly can only be followed at night.

Part of the reason why I voted Starver:
You just don't like my jokes!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 27, 2016, 07:47:57 pm »

hector13 for no claim.

Vote count please.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 27, 2016, 07:51:20 pm »

That's not up to me.  Daytime leads depend on daytime information, and I already know everything that I know I could myself know.

The next new lead of my very own seemingly can only be followed at night.

Part of the reason why I voted Starver:
You just don't like my jokes!

Nah I groan-chuckles. Best kinda jokes do that.

However, what makes you think you know everything you could possibly know about the day?

For example: Moonlit and myself have made no claims; we don't know where the blackmail, bomb or gun are coming from; nobody has really done any scumhunting at this point.

PPE: I suspect FoU is trying to figure out if you need to kill someone to end the day.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Sign-ups closed!
« Reply #595 on: February 27, 2016, 07:52:46 pm »

Round 6 - Day 1

In the morning, things are almost normal. The sounds of the night are over, now there is only the bustling of the city.  However,  there is not a sound coming from city hall. Those that notice usually dismiss it. Those that care band together to uncover the truth. Five people are meeting to find out. There are so few people like them - in fact, there are less than five.

There's no deadline in the OP (that one and the one before it) for example.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 27, 2016, 08:20:20 pm »

SHOOT.
~~~
FallacyofUrist has activated 1-shot: Brilliant Deduction!(this is only flavor)

I just tied the threads of my knowledge together. And I don't like the conclusion.
/deduce([I'm town weakness, auto one, auto two, I received blackmail(it got discarded)])... question one. Why am I town weakness? The ability to automatically discard all items given to me is so useful when used right? The answer to that question is given by my second auto. Paraphrasing: I'm not part of the evil role's win method.

Hypothesis: The evil role wins by having everyone other than me blackmailed. Evidence: I cannot get blackmailed. But I'm not part of the evil role's win method. Why would my role need me to not be part of the evil role's win method? Well, since I can't be blackmailed, that would prevent the Evil role from winning(assuming the Evil role wins by having everybody blackmailed) unless I didn't count as part of his/her win method. And I'm town weakness. I think that's because for the purposes of the Evil role's win condition(assuming I'm right), I don't count as a player, so there's only 3 players that the Evil role needs dealt with.

Basically: this game is going to be somewhat easy to win for the evil role if we mislynch.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 27, 2016, 08:24:33 pm »

I'm curious why you eliminate the gun and/or the bomb from the Evil role's wincon. What makes you so sure that it's the blackmail and neither of the other two?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 27, 2016, 08:28:10 pm »

If the Evil role needed to kill everybody, then my second auto's name wouldn't make as much sense as it currently does.
It's a synonym of "useless". I don't have any use for the Evil role, especially considering my role name. If he needed to kill everybody, I think my second auto's name would be more like "not relevant".

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 27, 2016, 08:29:34 pm »

Vote count please.
Clarification: There is no voting this round.

:P
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 08:31:43 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 237