Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231531 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 5
« Reply #525 on: February 25, 2016, 10:15:54 pm »

Who even got lynched?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 25, 2016, 10:20:00 pm »

By the count I was making, either TMS suicided, just before the turn of the hour, or TBF made it a draw, meaning Fallacy died.  But I'm not actually sure my rough count is correct.

(That message, before this one, will get edited and make these speculations look silly, of course.  But I await(/have awaited) with trepidation.)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 25, 2016, 10:21:06 pm »

EBWOP: Also, that "Round over" post might not end up being a Round Over post, so best not to spill any beans yet, everyone!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 25, 2016, 10:32:15 pm »

EBWOP: Also, that "Round over" post might not end up being a Round Over post, so best not to spill any beans yet, everyone!
Yeah... no. That would be a full bastard mechanic. This is only a semi-bastard game.

But who got lynched? Who was it?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 25, 2016, 10:34:40 pm »

If FallacyofUrist was actually scum...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 25, 2016, 10:35:22 pm »

I think it's either TMS or Fallacy that ended up dead.
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 25, 2016, 10:39:56 pm »

Yeah... no. That would be a full bastard mechanic. This is only a semi-bastard game.

But who got lynched? Who was it?
What I means is that the post (as I write) is still being edited.  I was saying as how the template for the post, currently on display, might say Round Over, but - once populated with the details it might also be changed to say End Of Day 1.

Locking the thread to stop inane people like me writing inane things like this might have been a good idea, but as I'm obviously adding things, it hasn't happened and I just wanted to make sure nobody said "Boy, am I glad nobody found out about <foo>", too prematurely...

I really should also shut up myself, but I didn't want anyone to ruin their game, so...  Anyway.  Future visitors to the thread will of course see the final edit of that post, and then see this little inconsequential and superseded series of posts immediately afterwards.  Let's not add too much to that, just yet, I would suggest...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 25, 2016, 10:41:37 pm »

Good idea.

I'll stop talking for now.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 25, 2016, 10:41:58 pm »

Starver.
Starver
TBF I remember, but I don't understand what you're doing.
Actually, yes. The Moonlit Shadow. The last point made by hector13 pushed me over the edge.
Quote from: Starver
No vote.

So assuming TheBiggerFish's most recent vote counted, Starver was the scum.
Unvote.
This is his second most recent vote, if I'm right.
Which would have led to a tie if it was the one that counted.
So it was Starver.
Very risky gambit.
~~~
Unless the round isn't actually over. But that's unlikely.
~~~
Dang ninja.
~~~
Double dang ninjas.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 25, 2016, 11:12:19 pm »

Well, Moonlit, you fooled me.  I was actually aiming at a probable-Townie (still with logic behind it), because I wanted another night to happen, with everybody else occupied.  (Or, if I was targeted again, and it wasn't Fallacy again, I could perhaps point out that person as also suspicious if it suited my purpose...  Like I said, I could find things out!)

Then you also fooled yourself.  Why the effective suicide?

Also note that the the biggest lie I ever told, during this round is:
I gain nothing from such a tactic.
That was a half-truth.  That tactic (trying to Lynch most-obviously-Townie Hector) might have helped me, but only if I was right, and I actually decided it was worth risking a different approach (suggesting the lynching of Shadow... which ended up right in just the wrong way!) that might yet have let me win, as above.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 25, 2016, 11:16:10 pm »

(And, yes, I did note that, with my unrevealed role as Neutral, there were actually three claimants, rather than the more believable two.  I mostly suspected TBF as the one telling the lies in this particular menage a trois.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 25, 2016, 11:17:29 pm »

Once again, the town win.
~~~
... why does this keep happening?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 25, 2016, 11:19:27 pm »

~~~
Obviously because I'm so good at being a Townie, that I get the Town to win even when I'm not supposed to be getting the town to win!

*natch*

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 25, 2016, 11:29:48 pm »

~~~
My thoughts exactly...

I'll probably start the next round tomorrow.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 25, 2016, 11:35:53 pm »

A'body wants a piece of hector13, 'cause I'm so hawt. *blows kisses at everyone in a variety of sexy poses*

Sorry Starver :( you lost before you even started!

Also, Moonlit managed to lynch himself. I also didn't really think he was the baddie :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 237