Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231574 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 5
« Reply #480 on: February 25, 2016, 06:08:40 pm »

Anyone:Do we have a votecount?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 25, 2016, 06:10:04 pm »

Wait, why do we need a redirector?
Better question: Why would town need a randomizer/redirector? If hector was a town weakness role, perhaps that might make sense, but-
A randomize. Whoever he targets will have all actions targeted on him/her randomized. How does that fit into the town? We already have a claimed protector.

How does this ability fit into the town? The other abilities claimed make sense(protector(protects the Neutral), inspector, ???, 1-shot kill Evil role(owned by Neutral))

With that, it's either Starver or hector13.
Starver's claimed nothing, hector's claimed something that doesn't make sense. Starver hiding his power may make sense for town.

I say we lynch hector13, then shout at TBF a lot if he turns out town.

How does your claim make any more sense than mine, hm? Why do we need an investigator to tell us who someone needs to win? How does that fit into town, as you put it?

PPE: 2 votes each for me and TMS.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 25, 2016, 06:10:21 pm »

EBWOP

and, for the nth time, FoU dies.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 25, 2016, 06:14:20 pm »

Straw man. I didn't ask that question. I asked you how your role fits into the town. A better way to say it might be "how does your role help the town"?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 25, 2016, 06:14:53 pm »

EBWOP:
Wait, did the day just end?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 25, 2016, 06:15:37 pm »

Straw man. I didn't ask that question. I asked you how your role fits into the town. A better way to say it might be "how does your role help the town"?

That's exactly my point, Fallacy. My role fits into town just as well as your's does, yet you see that as reason to lynch me.

PPE: 2hrs 45mins, yet. I think.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 25, 2016, 06:19:57 pm »

My role fits into town just as well as yours does...
Explain.

My role gathers information. Your role... interferes with aim and potentially gives my role false results(I targeted you but I got another player's win condition thing, it didn't tell me I was randomized, assuming you're telling the truth). If you use it on who the scum uses their kill action on, the kill action still hits somebody.

Let me go over this again.
I inspect. TMS protects. TBF semi-kills. You randomize. Starver... ???

So from my perspective, it's either you or Starver.
Explain why Starver(or TBF, your choice, but preferably Starver) is more scummy than you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 25, 2016, 06:21:47 pm »

It would be so ironic if I accidentally made my wincon uncompletable by trying to avoid making my wincon chancy...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 25, 2016, 06:30:19 pm »

FoU

So, you ask. My result on hector13? He requires no one in order to win. That's what I got for a result. It could mean he's a townie with an unchanged win condition, it could also mean he's scum.

This is what you said when you announced your result on investigating "me". You said I could be town or I could be scum based on what you got. In what way is that useful?

Put another way, how is it any more useful than a random redirect?

PPE: You say your role provides information. What information did your N0 investigation give us? /genuine question

Assuming everyone is being honest, that means you hit one of TMS, TBF or Starver. Given what they're all saying, who do you think it hit?

I also voted TMS, not TBF. So... The Moonlit Shadow, to avoid confusion for Tomasque.

I've been saying from the frickin' start I think it's Moonlit or Starver. My reasons remain more or less unchanged, beyond second guessing myself about everything (which I'm not going into, because it's all very WIFOM-y)

The only thing that's changed is I'm quite willing to let you die just now, because your role, like mine, is of negligible utility (at least based on your first result) so I don't think we lose that much.

I'd much prefer to lynch one of Moonlit or Starver, but you're not going for it. Oh well.

One thing that occurred to me is the mark might just be an issue for the scum this round. They're marked and have to kill everyone else to avoid it triggering. Speculation, though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 25, 2016, 06:40:24 pm »

@Hector: There's no way it hit me. It would've shown TBF if it had. That means I think it hit Starver.

Do explain this one.

Also explain why you didn't mention it a bit earlier than 2.5hrs before the day ended :-\

And you do realize you're going against everyone who you think is town? Doesn't mean too much, I mean they could all be wrong.

What do you mean? Everyone I think is town is voting me? If so, it doesn't change my thoughts. I just think they're stupid on top of it :P

I understand where FoU is coming from, though in his position I'd also be considering you as scum.

TBF's reason is quite frankly nonsense, but if he is the neutral role who needs to target the Evil role with a night action, he isn't going to vote to lynch scum during the day, is he?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 25, 2016, 06:42:32 pm »

Votecount please.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 25, 2016, 06:44:45 pm »

Also, this:

I say we lynch hector13, then shout at TBF a lot if he turns out town.

Would you not be responsible for lynching someone you vote for, then?

Starver, if you have an investigator role, do tell us now, please.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 25, 2016, 07:14:25 pm »

So, you ask. My result on hector13? He requires no one in order to win. That's what I got for a result. It could mean he's a townie with an unchanged win condition, it could also mean he's scum.
This.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 25, 2016, 07:15:29 pm »

This.
This what?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 25, 2016, 07:15:47 pm »

My investigation result.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 237