Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231636 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 5
« Reply #465 on: February 25, 2016, 05:20:03 pm »

I'm mostly following Starver's logic.  Although if anyone has a better argument, they should say it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 25, 2016, 05:21:22 pm »

*comes up with better argument*

Wait, why do we need a redirector?

hector13.

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 25, 2016, 05:25:31 pm »

His logic is that TMS is best lynch because he's going to cause the least problems if he dies, which... isn't the best way to win, really. (lynching scum, obv)

PPE: @Moonlit: PST. Starver is in GMT, it's not quite 10.30pm there yet.

@TBF: So you're willing to lynch someone who's claimed and has claimed town then? As opposed to Starver, who hints at useful and hasn't claimed anything? Niiice.

Again, as things stand, FoU dies. So maybe it's not me you want to kill then?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 25, 2016, 05:28:46 pm »

This is all getting a bit mad.

Also, hammers don't come into effect 'til D3, seeing as how everybody voted me in Round 1 before I had an opporchancity to defend myself.

... bastards :P

PPE: Starver has been on late evening/super early morning before. Past performance doesn't guarantee future results, of course, but he might be on.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 25, 2016, 05:34:01 pm »

What could scum do with knowledge of your role?
If I told you this, I'd tell the scum this.  (Without it being necessary to conflate those two identities.)

I'm already pretty sure I'm not helping myself (tonight, that is).

And I also don't want to explicitly say "the other way to protect TBF".  I really think all should be worked out in private, though it still looks like there's some confusion over that...

'Nuff said, for now, though.

(FAKEDIT: How many new replies?  No, nothing new to add, or else I may not be useful to you (the majority!).  Except that I have gone to bed early, as well, but that's been before 'now', so it's still very much up for grabs whether I'm absent or present at the actual end of day.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 25, 2016, 05:36:23 pm »

*scratches his head*

TBF's claim is a good one for cheeky scum. "I'm neutral but need to kill the Evil role anyway!"

Also, the reason he's voting me ("his role is shite!" basically) is... what?

Is it worth risking losing TMS, who hasn't claimed an alignment yet, to get rid of him, though?

FoU has been toying with the idea of investigating him... perhaps he's trying to off him in a roundabout manner?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 25, 2016, 05:39:16 pm »

It's "If you're town, you're going to win anyway, but the protector and the investigator are probably better people to have around."  Assuming neither are lying, that is.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 25, 2016, 05:44:08 pm »

It's "If you're town, you're going to win anyway, but the protector and the investigator are probably better people to have around."  Assuming neither are lying, that is.

What, the protector who isn't going to protect anyone other than you, the neutral role? Fantastically useful. You're much less useful than I am, since you need to figure out who the scum is without telling the town. Tell us why that's more useful than a town redirector?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 25, 2016, 05:44:49 pm »

EBWOP

And again, as things stand, FoU will die. Why do you want to kill 'im so bad?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 25, 2016, 05:48:13 pm »

TRIPLE POST

Right right right.

Never mind, TBF, not engaging in an argument with you since you don't want to lynch scum, so it would detract from actually finding the scum.

So based on that, he's voted for me and TMS, and thinks FoU is an investigator, so he at least seems to agree Starver is scum.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 25, 2016, 05:51:28 pm »

EBWOP: Hector: Remember, I don't care if TBF loses.

Aye, I know.

What are your thought regarding FoU?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 25, 2016, 05:56:48 pm »

Well what do you think of everyone else?

You say you think FoU is town, yet urge caution with him. That sounds like fence-sitting to me.

Like I keep saying, he's gonna die if we don't do anything. Would you be happy with that?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 25, 2016, 06:00:16 pm »

Unvote

How's about you answer my questions too? TMS

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 25, 2016, 06:03:32 pm »

So based on that, he's voted for me and TMS, and thinks FoU is an investigator, so he at least seems to agree Starver is scum.
The hypothetical-really-is-neutral-scum-hunter making the current vote would be fairly sure you're now innocent (like he was originally fairly sure that TMS was innocent, but now might not be so sure), and I wouldn't argue.  With either of those assumptions.  But I don't have the same motivations and I gain nothing from such a tactic.

(The alternate actually-is-a-stinking-rotten-lying-scum version might likewise find you to be the best target for a mislynch, from all those who are not himself.)

I'd be flattered, either way.

(And still the replies come in, as I'm typing...)
@TMS: Doesn't matter, for I've explained myself as much as I currently want to.  And now I've said "I've explained myself as much as I currently want to" as much as I currently want to...  Don't make yourself look like a nuisance.  Ah, good, at last the vote for me that you have to make.  Took you long enough.  Now Let everyone else decide... boy, new replies are coming in quick and fast.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 25, 2016, 06:06:44 pm »

Wait, why do we need a redirector?
Better question: Why would town need a randomizer/redirector? If hector was a town weakness role, perhaps that might make sense, but-
A randomize. Whoever he targets will have all actions targeted on him/her randomized. How does that fit into the town? We already have a claimed protector.

How does this ability fit into the town? The other abilities claimed make sense(protector(protects the Neutral), inspector, ???, 1-shot kill Evil role(owned by Neutral))

With that, it's either Starver or hector13.
Starver's claimed nothing, hector's claimed something that doesn't make sense. Starver hiding his power may make sense for town.

I say we lynch hector13, then shout at TBF a lot if he turns out town.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 237