Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231736 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 5
« Reply #420 on: February 24, 2016, 01:11:22 pm »

hector13: Le huh. So... you target a player, then all players targeting that player are randomized? Is that what it is? Or did I read your claim wrong?

You got it right. The randomization doesn't affect the actor (I can't make people act on themselves)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 24, 2016, 02:37:15 pm »

And... you implied that you targeted yourself when Fallacy said his investigation result. Right?

I did no such thing.

I outright stated that I targeted myself.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 24, 2016, 02:48:11 pm »

Actually, it would reveal the evil role because that is the only way I can win.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 24, 2016, 07:24:16 pm »

Heh. Unvote hector13. Assuming the mark is this round's method of scum killing, we've got time to debate, claim, whatnot.

And you know the best part? I can easily verify hector's claim- If I inspect him again tonight, and get a different result, as opposed to the same... bang, he's likely telling the truth.

But I've got to weigh that possibility versus the possibility of inspecting TheBiggerFish and learning who the evil role is...
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 24, 2016, 07:36:48 pm »

An issue with that is it also opens up a guaranteed success for the scum to target me, though I guess that's alright. Not something I'm into, though :P you might also get a different result if I target myself again... I think our roles in this one are of limited utility heh. Not sure if targeting TBF would be a better idea, seeing as he needs the Evil role to exist to win. Though technically so do town... A bit WIFOM-y, isn't it?

You also didn't unvote properly :P

Starver needs to offer his opinion on proceedings. Do you think anyone's claim is untrue? If so, why? Does it reveal anything about other players through proces of elimination?

Moonlit and TBF, too, I s'pose.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 24, 2016, 08:09:38 pm »

My wincon is, "use my action on the Evil role, eliminating them."  So yeah, I'm not in favor of a scum lynch.  Which...Oh bleepity bleeping bleep.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 24, 2016, 08:12:56 pm »

... yeah. We want to lynch the scum. You want to shoot the scum. There's a difference.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 24, 2016, 08:19:50 pm »

Yaaaaaaay.

Tomasque:Can investigators investigate dead people?
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 24, 2016, 08:21:15 pm »

Also Tomasque:WHEN will FoU die?
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 24, 2016, 08:23:46 pm »

So it seems we can choose between Starver and Moonlit, assuming every one's (that... Autocorrected to OSG. Wow) being honest.

TBF basically has two more chances to figure out who the scum is. After that he's a wild card. Not sure I like that prospect.

PPE: and what Moonlit said. Null read on that, though. Scum obviously doesn't want TBF in the game... though arguably benefits from his presence for supporting non-scum lynches D1 and D2.

Christ, so much WIFOM.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 24, 2016, 08:27:15 pm »

Now, an important question: If TBF shoots the scum with his action, does the town also win?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 24, 2016, 08:32:53 pm »

If there is a direct night kill, it hasn't shown yet. It does seem more likely to me that the mark is this round's scum kill.
~~~
Everybody: Let's put this to a vote: who should I inspect this night? Clearly there are different potential benefits from each potential inspection... which benefits do we want?
You can vote in green if you like.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 24, 2016, 09:06:15 pm »

I can mess with everyone so it's fine. I'll more 'n likely end up targeting myself again, unless people take issue with that.

The best choices at this point seem to be me (though there are caveats with that one) or TBF. Investigating TBF might reveal the scum, so that seems like the best choice to me.

This is, of course, assuming FoU is being honest. It does seem like a bit of strange investigation ability... but the apparent smorgasbord of wincons does lend credence to the claim.

Moonlit's protect is a bit moot as well, he has no reason not to protect the person he needs to survive. Again, assuming honesty. Starver hasn't claimed a role yet, though that doesn't really mean anything. I don't like claiming...

Starver seems like the best option for a lynch, at this point, so I'll keep my vote where it is. Does Starver have anything to say regarding that? Perhaps someone else I should be wary about?

Also, Moonlit why won't you tell us now what screws this up? What reason do you have not to tell us now?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 24, 2016, 10:13:35 pm »

Fallacy:TheBiggerFish.
Inspecting me gets, at the very least, all the town a win, assuming it works.  (Town's wincon doesn't include 'don't die', after all.)

...Assuming, of course, that there isn't a nightkill in which case I'm pretty much reduced to rolling 1d3 and hoping.
Sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 25, 2016, 12:23:17 am »

Yaaaaaaay.

Tomasque:Can investigators investigate dead people?
Unless specifically stated in the role description, only living players can be targeted by actions.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 237