Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 232002 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 4
« Reply #285 on: February 13, 2016, 08:53:49 pm »

Heh. True that.

The Moonlit Shadow: are you going to make use of the messaging mechanics?
Same question to all other players.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 13, 2016, 08:57:56 pm »

Right now, I've got nothing noted down (not even as a probable/possible) for any person/role except myself/my own.

I'm also trying to imagine what fifth beatle role has been conjured up.  But right now I'm of the opinion it's a co-scum or alternate-scum to the single one we might have expected beforehand, so that person's hardly going to come right and tell us, right?

Anyway, if anyone wants to go scumhunting, go scumhunting.  Talk's cheap, though, and nobody's doing anything of interest.

Tell you what, let's try this:  Hands up everyone who is town!

∩∩∩
 ∩║║║
 ║║║║∩
 ║   ║
  \ (/
  | |
  | |
  | |

(That looked better in Notepad, but it'll do...)

@Fallacy the Ninja: I don't yet know what reasons I might have to try it, but it's likely I will when I think I know what to expect of it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 13, 2016, 09:10:31 pm »

Not the best question to ask Starver, a'body and their dug'll claim town :P

Not sure if I'll use the messaging thing, don't really have a reason to use it just yet.

FoU: what reasons do you think someone would send a message?

Moonlit: You receive two messages: one from Starver claiming he's a town weakness role, and an anonymous one telling you he's scum. What would you do?

Starver: You've yet to be scum. Statistical entertainment!

TBF: Why did you softclaim the town weakness role? Are you scum again?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 13, 2016, 09:16:23 pm »

The Moonlit Shadow
No you cannot... not in the presence of the infiltrator. You have to work in secret.

Round Rule revealed: Voting in the thread is not allowed, and does not count. You must vote via PM. You cannot say or hint at who you voted via post.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 13, 2016, 09:19:42 pm »

Oh you utter bastard.

Does that mean no FoS'ing too?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 13, 2016, 09:22:25 pm »

Oh you utter bastard.

Does that mean no FoS'ing too?
FoSing is not allowed, since it implies you are voting for that player.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 13, 2016, 09:24:05 pm »

Can we encourage others to vote for someone, so long as we don't say we voted for them?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 13, 2016, 09:28:26 pm »

Can we encourage others to vote for someone, so long as we don't say we voted for them?
It implies you are voting or going to be voting for them.
Money!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 13, 2016, 09:33:06 pm »

The Moonlit Shadow
No you cannot... not in the presence of the infiltrator. You have to work in secret.

Round Rule revealed: Voting in the thread is not allowed, and does not count. You must vote via PM. You cannot say or hint at who you voted via post.
That's new!  Perhaps I should vote Tomasque!... if I could at all. ;)

Maybe I'd have been interested in seeing what people had to say for themselves.  (Why, why I think I've asked a good question does someone come along and muddy the waters...  Hang on, it's you again, as well...  *pbbbt* then...)

I've been Special twice.  And you've twice been the Investigator.  And the definitely-evil role is just one of the (possibly) three remaining roles I haven't yet been.  But that might just be remnants of my Rational One self from the previous round. Right now it seems I've got to negotiate a completely different situation from what I thought I would.

(Four ninjas, including two from the Mod clarifying things... Sheesh.)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 13, 2016, 09:34:38 pm »

(Why, when I think I've asked a good question does someone come along and muddy the waters...
FTFMe...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 13, 2016, 09:38:44 pm »

Moonlit

@hector: Well the one from Starver might not be from him. Or else anonymity is impossible. I'd assume everyone else also got a similar PM, and ask about it. Especially Starver, see how he reacts. I'd note whoever is the least engaged and not doing anything else

Bolded part: what makes you say that? In the OP it says you can specify whether to remain anonymous, not send the message as someone else.

Starver

The Moonlit Shadow

That's new!  Perhaps I should vote Tomasque!... if I could at all. ;)

Maybe I'd have been interested in seeing what people had to say for themselves.  (Why, why I think I've asked a good question does someone come along and muddy the waters...  Hang on, it's you again, as well...  *pbbbt* then...)

I've been Special twice.  And you've twice been the Investigator.  And the definitely-evil role is just one of the (possibly) three remaining roles I haven't yet been.  But that might just be remnants of my Rational One self from the previous round. Right now it seems I've got to negotiate a completely different situation from what I thought I would.

64-1 (63-1?) chance I'm investigator again for three in a row. Wanna take the bet? ;D /jest

Also, are you a slow typer? :P

Tomasque

Well if we take that to an absurd extreme, asking players a question is implying you're going to vote for them depending on the answer. Where do you draw the line, and what are the consequences for talking about it?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 13, 2016, 09:42:51 pm »

The Moonlit Shadow

WHAT. THE. HECK.
WHAT.
JUST. WOT.

Hidden rules for the entire game. Something else that's possible, apparently.
I'm not entirely sure this is a semi-bastard game- at this point, full bastard is a possibility.
~~~
FoU: what reasons do you think someone would send a message?
If a player was town... if a player was scum...
OH. We can't hint or say who we're voting in thread, but we can do so via the messaging system... suddenly it makes a bit more sense.
~~~
Mod Query: at the end of the game, will we be told who was voting for who?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 13, 2016, 09:48:06 pm »

Well if we take that to an absurd extreme, asking players a question is implying you're going to vote for them depending on the answer. Where do you draw the line, and what are the consequences for talking about it?
The above-mentioned example would be okay. The consequences... vary, depending on how direct your rule-breaking is. Therefore, there is no "line," per se.
Money!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 13, 2016, 09:53:36 pm »

Also, are you a slow typer? :P
Quite fast, usually, but obviously I don't want to find I need to edit a post because of a typo (see above) or, worse, because I've said something I really didn't want to...

(Plus it's currently just passing 2:50am (GMT) for me, and you lot tend to only start to talking in earnest when it's really quite late/early-next-morning as far as I'm concerned.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 13, 2016, 10:02:31 pm »

Ah- Mod: Are we allowed to say who we're voting for when we message someone?

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 237