Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230733 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 3
« Reply #270 on: February 13, 2016, 12:57:30 am »

Round 4 - Day 1
 Here ye, great Messengers of all times, great Carriers of Tongues and Diplomats of Concord: There is one amongst you that is not like the others. They have  been corrupted by Sin, and have turned to Lying and Deceit to reach their selfish goals. You must stop them now, or they shall impress their own terrible Ideals on the world!

This round, any player can message any other player, However, this will not happen directly. First, send it to me, along with the intended receiver and the specification of whether or not you want to remain anonymous. I will then message that player myself with your message.

Votecount
Hector13 (0)
FallacyofUrist (0)
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
TheMoonlitShadow (0)

Not Voting: hector13, FallacyofUrist, TheBiggerFish, Starver, TheMoonlitShadow

The round has not yet begun. I will post that it has when it does.

Day ends Monday, 12:00 PM.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:11:09 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 13, 2016, 03:08:31 pm »

The round has begun. Keep in mind that your message cannot have more than one receiver. All messages that do will fail... But I guess saying that is redundant.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 4(Tomasque, please make the OP current)
« Reply #272 on: February 13, 2016, 03:42:00 pm »

((The OP still says round 3 is in progress, when it's actually round four that is.))

Everybody: Is there any decent use for this messaging system(for town)? Because I'm not seeing any decent use for it.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 13, 2016, 04:07:46 pm »

No, I don't think so.  So what is the scum going to do with it?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 13, 2016, 04:11:19 pm »

So this messaging system... is... strange, to say the least.

Also - my ability seems useless ;(
I think that's what everybody has thought, at one point or another, so far... ;)

(But I still have to work out where I fit into this, so don't expect me to tell you how you do.  Well, not unless you show us your hand...  Oh, is that four aces you have..?  yeah, they're useless and I'd discard them if I were you.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 13, 2016, 04:12:49 pm »

Ha.  My auto is just TERRIBLE though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 13, 2016, 04:15:59 pm »

Also... there were two special town roles in the previous round, but no hidden autos...
I don't think the "just enough variation to keep you guessing" is going to be simple... ever.

So what is the scum going to do with it?
... I don't see how scum could get anything out of this system either.
But considering that the messaging system is the main mechanic(apparently) of this round, I wouldn't be surprised if there were powers that affected it and/or the messages themselves.
~~~
Note, everybody, that it's possible for there to be multiple Town Weakness roles(there were two special town roles last time)...

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2016, 04:27:28 pm »

I know there is at least one Town Weakness.
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2016, 06:26:20 pm »

Note, everybody, that it's possible for there to be multiple Town Weakness roles(there were two special town roles last time)...
Oh yes... I actually missed that.  Which might mean something I was just thinking isn't what I thought it might be, after all...  damnit Mr Mod.

I wonder if you know that because of the (non-obvious, mildly meta-) deduction that I was also making, at least until the above made me think I ought to think again.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 4
« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2016, 07:16:45 pm »

? what are you referring to?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2016, 07:26:56 pm »

@Starver:
No, I just have some rather concrete information.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2016, 07:33:06 pm »

@Starver:

A claim, basically?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2016, 08:04:06 pm »

@Starver: I can only think of two. Wonder which you thought of first?
I doubt you're thinking the same thing I'm thinking.  If indeed you're thinking about what I might have thought of first like I think you are.

;)

(The above is nothing to do with Round 4 stuff.)

@Starver:
So, 100% certain, then?  Or are you now only 75% certain, but still definite for all that?  Might you at some point be only 56%, etc?

If that's it, I know where you're coming from.  But of course it still doesn't help me trust you or you trust me, and I can't (or won't?) add any additional information, in my own right, right now.  But maybe later I can likewise occasionally oblige along the same lines...

(Again, apart from the fact that I'm prepared to accept your claim, and yet accept that you aren't actually claiming, this is not strictly Round 4 stuff.  And I can only imagine what everyone else will be imagining, if they don't already know.  Maybe you'll know in a future round, though (including Moonlit, above).  And I could be wrong about what TBF is saying, also.  In which case I've maybe confused four of you, rather than at most three...)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2016, 08:25:42 pm »

Ha. My auto is just TERRIBLE though.
If TBF is a Town Weakness role, he'll know for a 100% certain that there is a Town Weakness role.
Barring fake roles- let's not go there yet, though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2016, 08:33:19 pm »

Ha. My auto is just TERRIBLE though.
If TBF is a Town Weakness role, he'll know for a 100% certain that there is a Town Weakness role.
Barring fake roles- let's not go there yet, though.

Semi-bastard. I don't think Tomasque will go there. He's given hidden autos and such, that's bastard enough.

Anyway while I love [/sarcasm] discussing mechanics, we're not scumhunting.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 237