Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230718 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 3
« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2016, 02:30:45 pm »

TBF: the scum action wasn't immediately visible in the previous two games. Game one was arsonist, game two was strangler. Both didn't have an effect that showed up immediately.
That much is obvious.  (The moment that changes, and there's a N0 death, we'll be shocked!  Shocked, I tell you!)

I'm glad you had a more sensible response to that little face-to-face than I could come up with.

However...
Everybody, could you please claim who you targeted last night? Not what you did, if you don't want to, but who you targeted. That might be all I need to create an accurate guess at who is the scum player... assuming my first theory, based on my role, is correct...
accursed unknowns.

I targeted hector13.
Well, given that it sounds more reasonable than the prior conversation, I shall go so far as to say that I did not choose to act.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2016, 02:58:37 pm »

I targeted Starver.  What's your theory?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 11, 2016, 04:35:02 pm »

The only issue I have with revealing who I targeted is that it might allow that person to divine what roles certain people have, so I'd rather wait until after you tell us your theory.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 11, 2016, 04:35:28 pm »

There was also the issue with secret autos in the last game, so... yeah.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 11, 2016, 04:35:52 pm »

That too.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 11, 2016, 04:36:08 pm »

Oh well, it's too late for me.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2016, 06:45:18 pm »

There were secret autos in the last game, but none in the game before that. If this game gets more complicated over time... GRAGH.
~~~
My theory is that we actually have a direct mafiakill or whatnot this time around. It seems somewhat supported by my role...
I am the Special Town role. To be precise, a jailor. I prevent my target from acting or being acted upon.
~~~
The only issue I have with revealing who I targeted is that it might allow that person to divine what roles certain people have....
How?
~~~
Also, maybe the scum makes millers?
This came out of nowhere, TheBiggerFish.
Quote from: Dalek
EXPLAIN! EXPLAIN!
~~~
Claims:
FoU: Targeted hector13.
TBF: Targeted Starver.
Starver: Choose not to act.
Hector13: ???
~~~
Now then. Assuming an instant nightkill, either hector was prevented from using it or TBF or Starver is lying.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2016, 06:50:19 pm »

@FoU:It was literally a random tangential thought.

What's the name of your role though?
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 11, 2016, 07:05:24 pm »

The protective one.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 11, 2016, 07:13:37 pm »

Yes, but what's the flavor?  Unless you're scared of a role thief that needs the name to function, which isn't impossible, but...I doubt it, it's a bit of a stretch.  Especially after last game.
Sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 11, 2016, 08:02:53 pm »

You may have noticed I didn't write today's end time. This was a mistake. It is Friday at 6:30.

Also:
Yes, but what's the flavor?  Unless you're scared of a role thief that needs the name to function, which isn't impossible, but...I doubt it, it's a bit of a stretch.  Especially after last game.
Many of the flavors I give to the town team are written differently than the ones I give to the scum. Simply: Using flavors as a way to find who is scum is cheap, so posting flavors or asking for them is from now on prohibited. However, you may state a player is scum because his claim contradicts your flavor - just don't show your flavor to prove it.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2016, 08:20:11 pm »

Tomasque:But...Whaaa?  Asking for role names is practically a standard thing!
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2016, 08:23:22 pm »

Tomasque:But...Whaaa?  Asking for role names is practically a standard thing!

Roles, yes, role names? Not really.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 11, 2016, 08:25:57 pm »

I still don't like this.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 11, 2016, 08:26:42 pm »

I still don't like this.

It's flavour, it's meaningless. What will it tell you?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 237