Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231525 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 6
« Reply #690 on: March 01, 2016, 04:37:49 pm »

I would give it to whoever seems scummiest at the end of the day. It's probably our way to kill scum.
Well, technically the second scummiest, as you'd probably be shooting the most scummy, in order to make the end of the day happen.  (Which, assuming it doesn't end the game, which I suspect it won't, might then reveal info that would significantly change the ideas of everyone else about all the others that remain.)

But, that aside, of course we ought to send the bomb to the (remaining) scummiest-looking.  No right-thinking Townie (or intelligently-thinking non-Townie) would say otherwise.  (Unless the scum is the one holding the bomb, or unless we have reason to believe that (a/the) scum sent the bomb in the first place and thus has the art to defuse it in the event it comes back again.  Any obvious sign of that in the flavour-info, bomb-holder?  And then what if the proclaimed gun-holder is inclined to shoot the proclaimed bomb-holder, what happens then?  Too many questions, not enough answers!)

This also shows we need better scum-hunting questions than "Will you tell us what you are? Will you tell us what you do? Will you now tell us something new and exciting?"

How about this:
@everyone Five players, five (or four) archetypes... What's your public assessment (without necessarily naming names) as to the tallies?

I'll start: 1 Investigator (possibly claimed), 1 Weakness (definitely claimed), 1 Scum (no less, unless else we're more Bastard than merely Semi-), and the last two likely being distributed into the Neutral/Special spectrum, but I'm wondering whether it's an "it's weak or neutral" situation, with two of one, or possibly one each...

And if either of the 'claims' are false (or we are actually Scumless), there's room for at least one extra Scum, Special and/or Neutral in the mix.

And the challenge to everyone else is to not just say the same as me.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 01, 2016, 04:40:27 pm »

Well, that was supposed to be Previews before I sent, but luckily the worst thing that appears necessary to be revised (for this sort-of-EBWOP) was that obviously if we're Scumless there obviously is not room for extra an Scum. ;)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 01, 2016, 04:45:41 pm »

@everyone Five players, five (or four) archetypes... What's your public assessment (without necessarily naming names) as to the tallies?

I'll start: 1 Investigator (possibly claimed), 1 Weakness (definitely claimed), 1 Scum (no less, unless else we're more Bastard than merely Semi-), and the last two likely being distributed into the Neutral/Special spectrum, but I'm wondering whether it's an "it's weak or neutral" situation, with two of one, or possibly one each...

You're just parroting the information that's already in the game.

TBF claimed investigator, FoU claimed weakness, and we must have scum otherwise it would be silly. How is this helpful information? :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 01, 2016, 04:53:17 pm »

Now, a question to everybody: what is going to change in between now and when TMS shoots somebody?
A more refined version of that question: what will we gain from continuing to talk, considering we're at something of an impasse right now?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 01, 2016, 04:57:37 pm »

Now, a question to everybody: what is going to change in between now and when TMS shoots somebody?
A more refined version of that question: what will we gain from continuing to talk, considering we're at something of an impasse right now?

Information.

Starver, Moonlit and I haven't been looked into very much as of yet. That's a problem for D1 and beyond.

Could argue that Starver is more interested in the mechanics of the game - something of a scummy thing to do - than figuring out the other players but we'll see how that pans out.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 01, 2016, 04:59:50 pm »

@Starver

That's a generic list. And furthermore, it's trying to get me and Hector to claim our role catagories.

I'd like to say something. Didn't Hector (or someone) say that they thought the Blackmail was BS? So I think I'll reconsider this... he may not be lying about his throw away role, but he could definitely have an auto with an ability.

Missed this post.

I did say I thought the blackmail was BS, though this comes from fundamentally not trusting FoU this round.

I'm also not sure what you mean by the bolded part. Who is "he"? Me, FoU or Starver? (presumably not TBF)

PPE: aye, but what does discussion of the mechanics do for us? It won't help us figure out who is what.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 01, 2016, 05:35:39 pm »

And you potentially keep spoiling opportunities to trip up the real scum.  Or are it yourself, but side-stepping my logical tripwires by some combination of good luck or good judgement.  (Complaining that I'm not telling you anything, then refusing to tell anything yourself..?  Saying that asking for information that's not even helpful to the scum is scummy..?)

Never mind, that was hardly anything like the "just one more thing, sir" of the professional Columbo, it was just an attempt to get us (as Fallacy also pointed out was necessary) moved on from this current quagmire.  Maybe it failed, maybe it didn't!

@Starver

That's a generic list. And furthermore, it's trying to get me and Hector to claim our role catagories.
Not at all.  I left you leeway enough for everyone (and it was also aimed at the others, partly/fully-claimed as they are, but never mind now) to keep it vague insofar as your own role, if you want to.  Looks like you both have dodged the issue, beyond even that 'allowance'.  But as you're the one with the gun, I think that rather narrows the logical course of action when it comes to firing said gun.  But you've really got to make up your mind on that one on your own.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 01, 2016, 05:42:07 pm »

@Person who asked whether you can defuse the bomb:
I personally saw no indication that the bomb is defusable.
I don't know what other roles would make of it, however.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 01, 2016, 06:39:38 pm »

And you potentially keep spoiling opportunities to trip up the real scum.  Or are it yourself, but side-stepping my logical tripwires by some combination of good luck or good judgement.  (Complaining that I'm not telling you anything, then refusing to tell anything yourself..?  Saying that asking for information that's not even helpful to the scum is scummy..?)

Never mind, that was hardly anything like the "just one more thing, sir" of the professional Columbo, it was just an attempt to get us (as Fallacy also pointed out was necessary) moved on from this current quagmire.  Maybe it failed, maybe it didn't!

Oh? Do explain how I'm holding back the town.

Also, the information you asked for (and provided!) is readily available in the thread from this round, and it's not particularly helpful to the town either.

I did provide information, just not information that's going to be useful to you. Since you don't need the information as you don't have the gun, I don't see that as an issue.

@Starver

Not at all.  I left you leeway enough for everyone (and it was also aimed at the others, partly/fully-claimed as they are, but never mind now) to keep it vague insofar as your own role, if you want to.  Looks like you both have dodged the issue, beyond even that 'allowance'.  But as you're the one with the gun, I think that rather narrows the logical course of action when it comes to firing said gun.  But you've really got to make up your mind on that one on your own.

Uh... no he doesn't. Assuming he's town, anyway. Even if he's not, he can't win the round by killing one person, so he at least needs to put effort into looking as though he's considering what the rest of the players are saying.

What issue did we dodge, exactly? How did you answer your own question when we've all pretty much come to the same conclusion re: role distribution in this round by, you know, reading through the thread?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 01, 2016, 09:39:31 pm »

Is there anything you need us to do to help your decision?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 02, 2016, 09:39:37 am »

Well of course it is.
~~~
Let's go through the possibilities for a shooting.
The Moonlit Shadow(well, you aren't going to shoot yourself(Don't even think about it))
FallacyofUrist(I would prefer that you not shoot me until day 2 so I can dispose of the bomb. Of course, someone else might have a/the gun by then... if you don't want to shoot me, that's also fine, though)
Starver(... has he claimed anything yet? No?)
TBF(assuming he's telling the truth about the bomb and being an investigator for items... if he's telling the truth, you shouldn't shoot him. And he hasn't done anything that makes it seem like he's lying yet. If you shoot him, he can't use the bomb. Which might be acceptable, but if he's an investigator as he claims, we lose... quite a bit.)
Hector13(the text is blue, he says. Yeah, that's crazy talk. Maybe day 2 he'll actually spout something more clear...)

Which is to say you should shoot Hector13 or Starver. If you can't decide between them, you can use random.org or a coin to choose which one.
~~~
Option two: we all vote in purple or such, then you shoot the person with the most votes other than yourself.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 02, 2016, 10:04:42 am »

Don't be choosing folk randomly, that's silly talk. If you're wrong, you're wrong. Not ideal, but at least you'll learn something about the game than if you flip a bloody coin.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 02, 2016, 10:39:07 am »

We're already doing option 2 :/
Are we?
I think I'll shoot you.
Considering this...
~~~
I don't want the bomb to be defused. It makes it more likely that scum will get a gun/weapon.
How so?
~~~
Also, everybody, in the event that I am shot/blown up, please don't forget about my theory that the scum wins by having everybody blackmailed.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 02, 2016, 10:44:46 am »

We're already doing option 2 :/
Are we?
I think I'll shoot you.
Considering this...
~~~
I don't want the bomb to be defused. It makes it more likely that scum will get a gun/weapon.
How so?
~~~
Also, everybody, in the event that I am shot/blown up, please don't forget about my theory that the scum wins by having everybody blackmailed.

It will be considered.

Does anyone want to help Moonlit with anything? 'cause if not, he needs to make a decision. This is dragging on and we're not getting anywhere.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 02, 2016, 10:54:31 am »

I'm pretty sure he's about to shoot me.
I think I'll shoot you.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 237