Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231422 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 6
« Reply #615 on: February 27, 2016, 11:11:26 pm »

Also, I'm not sure I can prove the bomb, but once Tomasque got his wires uncrossed, I did kind of correctly know that Moonlit has the gun.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 27, 2016, 11:22:05 pm »

Well, you can tell us who you decide to pass it to, so if they die by 'splosion, yeah.

Admittedly this does nothing as you might just be the genesis (phone thinks I'm referring to the bible) of the bomb rather than just the middle-man. Hm. Not necessarily a good idea.

What does your investigation do? (it's obvious, but hey, I need things spelled out from time-to-time)

What do you think your particular variety of investigation means?

Last I spoke of FoU I dealt with the "Town" part of his claimed alignment. Now I will deal with the "Weakness" part: how is being able to essentially eat a deadly bomb a weakness?

He's lying about his alignment; does this make him scum, or neutral?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 27, 2016, 11:25:46 pm »

It might very well be a weakness, but again, I don't know.  He might be trying a gambit, after all.  Whetger as town or scum.

Either way, I'm passing the bomb to FoU.

My investigation gives the items that a person has on that night, and any that they get during the night.  I don't know if it draws a distinction but I think it does not.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 27, 2016, 11:26:54 pm »

For all I know, I'm the genesis of the bomb, except it was already set to blow when I first encountered it.

I only 'found' it after my investigate.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 27, 2016, 11:39:05 pm »

For all I know, I'm the genesis of the bomb, except it was already set to blow when I first encountered it.

I only 'found' it after my investigate.

Hm... Hm.

Are you told what specific items (guns, for example) your role finds, or is it just something along the lines of "you find what items are held"?

What does Moonlit have to say about TBF's findings regarding the bomb?

Do you think town needs to gambit at this point/in a game like this?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 27, 2016, 11:39:38 pm »

Ah... You did target Moonlit for an investigation last night, yes?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 27, 2016, 11:40:22 pm »

I find what items the person has.

I don't know.  It seems rather a waste of time and effort.

And yes, I did, we went over this.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 27, 2016, 11:49:20 pm »

Think about town gambits for a bit and then come back to me. I don't think there's a right or a wrong answer to "would town gambit", rather just want you to think about if it's worth the risks/effort to do it.

Just making sure about Moonlit, it was a while back and I'm PFP.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 27, 2016, 11:51:09 pm »

I know that gambitting really doesn't make much sense to me right now.
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 28, 2016, 03:45:23 am »

However, what makes you think you know everything you could possibly know about the day?
I don't.  But it was an unsubtle (I thought) way of saying that until somebody said something else, I've said everything that I could say... ho hum...

Then we got a splurge.

What do you think of my analysis? Moonlit and Starver, too.
It's a theory.  But I've just woken up, so...  Give me an hour to get into gear... ;)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 28, 2016, 05:47:19 am »

So... yeah.  A lot of up in the air stuff but (and this is a forward to fellow players, not a reply to mod)...

Clarification: You can only do 1 action per night, unless otherwise noted.
This makes me wonder what might then otherwise be noted.  There's an assumption that the arms dealer has given out both bomb and gun, so obviously them, if they exist and it isn't just a figment of someone's imagination.

It's clearly not a denial that it's possible.  Though (so far) I've got no more than one thing I might be able to do myself.  I suppose.

I'm fairly lost as to the surrounding mechanics, though.  I don't think I can attach myself to any of the theories put forward.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 28, 2016, 08:32:49 am »

Very well then.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 28, 2016, 09:07:57 am »

I was told that I 'received' a gun. That kinda makes the Armsdealer seem more plausible to me.

@TBF: Don't pass the bomb to Fallacy. We have no lynches, and we have these items. What do you think we're supposed to do with them?

About Fallacy: I think his Weakness claim is true. Disarming a bomb isn't a bad thing - unless you want that bomb to kill Scum. Same with the gun - if he'd gotten it we wouldn't have been able to shoot it. I'm not shooting him, unless we think he's scum.

We have two attempts to kill Scum as of now (as far as we know, anyway). The bomb will explode, so we need to figure out who to give it to. The gun can wait for now. Don't want to make it LyLo.

The bomb explodes the next morning. You need to shoot someone for us to get there. You will make it LYLO, unless you shoot scum.

Considering we can't lynch people, I think FoU's claim is nonsense. What if he got the gun? We'd be stuck in D1 limbo forever!

What makes his ability to disarm a bomb a weakness, Moonlit?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 28, 2016, 05:56:40 pm »

It's not that that makes me a town weakness role, it's the fact that I don't count for the Evil role's win condition.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 28, 2016, 06:04:57 pm »

'Tis a silly thing to say though. You're a town weakness role in the sense that you're probably not town.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 237