Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 229990 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 20
« Reply #3360 on: December 11, 2016, 07:59:01 pm »

Busy weekend, sorry gais.

I got a result of you when acting on hector and my ability was replaced with a Wincon of "You can't win."

I revert when grey ? ? ? is killed apparently.

Does this sound like a Town wincon? Especially after FoU has claimed the Weakness position, I personally don't think so.

It's not a single digit. Really needs more info (can't happen today if Hector doesn't post anything, maybe not even tben)..

Summary...

EP fails to act (and/or acts but fails) on TBF,
TBF acts on Hector, sees EP.
I get numbers, it seems.  (But not N0)
Fallacy unstated.
Hector yet to call (uncharitably, could have acted on EP to cause a failure, charitably could have empowered me to get those digits, much middle-ground.)

I acted on EP. All I got was an action complete confirmation. I'm inclined to say I didn't have anything to do with his failed result, considering he had the same result on N0, when I didn't act.

I'm not comfortable with FoU, given that he had the gall to complain there was a no lynch on D1, when that has been fairly standard for this marathon, and the fact he hadn't posted for pretty much the last half of D1. He then claims Town Weakness and that he has an unknown auto, but comments no further on what he did during the night.

Boy's active lurking.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: December 11, 2016, 07:59:23 pm »

Will comment on D1 Starver stuff later.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: December 11, 2016, 09:13:36 pm »

I got a result of you when acting on hector and my ability was replaced with a Wincon of "You can't win."

I revert when grey ? ? ? is killed apparently.

Does this sound like a Town wincon?
No, it sounds like a mid-round change of (apparent?) status, due to external influences. Not unknown in this marathon.

Fallacy describes things (as they originally were, at least) that's just too close to my own status for me to dismiss it as invented.  You may have a point or two well worth considering, but right now I'm have other concerns. If FoU is inventing, I applaud the attempt.

Can't guarantee I'll be quick to respond, but I am rather eager to see what you want to throw back my way. I think I'm going to show you my breadcrumbs before the day is out, BTW, once you've done that (to keep things straight). Be prepared to be dissappointed, but see exactly where I'm coming from.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: December 12, 2016, 12:00:39 am »

[1] I'm not comfortable with FoU, given that he had the gall to complain there was a no lynch on D1, when that has been fairly standard for this marathon, [2] and the fact he hadn't posted for pretty much the last half of D1. [3] He then claims Town Weakness and that he has an unknown auto, but comments no further on what he did during the night.

[4] Boy's active lurking.

[1]: So? Still a bad thing. Unless you'd like to demonstrate otherwise? I mean, look at round 1.
[2]: I didn't have anything to offer.
[3]: Can it not be reasonably implied that I do not have a night action from my claim? Regardless, I didn't act this night, because I don't have a night action.
[4]: Eh. More like normal lurking, if you ask me. My apologies anyway. I think I'll be a bit more active this day, now that we have more to discuss.

Does this sound like a Town wincon? Especially after FoU has claimed the Weakness position, I personally don't think so.
Le wha? I find it hard to believe you didn't notice the "replaced" word, hector. (no, that's not my only reason for voting you, it's also partly based on your reasoning displayed in the first part of this post)

And because you're displaying the Hectortell, in my opinion. You snap and jump at everything when you're scum, trying to find something that'll stick. As demonstrated above, you're doing that this round.
~~~
I used my ability on TBF. It failed again.
I would like to note that a "my ability's always failing" could be a scum fake claim. So have a finger of suspicion, Elephant Parade.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: December 12, 2016, 12:02:28 am »

Starver suddenly dies!
Starver was ? ? ?
Spoiler: ? ? ? (click to show/hide)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: December 12, 2016, 12:10:42 am »

FoU.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: December 12, 2016, 12:11:22 am »

More to come tomorrow.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: December 12, 2016, 09:46:32 am »

FoU

[1] I'm not comfortable with FoU, given that he had the gall to complain there was a no lynch on D1, when that has been fairly standard for this marathon...
[1]: So? Still a bad thing. Unless you'd like to demonstrate otherwise? I mean, look at round 1.

Look at Rounds 1-19. Town has won most of the games. That wasn't the salient part. You complaining when you did nothing is the salient part.

How has it taken you 20 rounds, plus 2 bonus rounds, to complain about it?

[2] ... and the fact he hadn't posted for pretty much the last half of D1.

[2]: I didn't have anything to offer.

So? Do you think content is going to generate itself?

[3] He then claims Town Weakness and that he has an unknown auto, but comments no further on what he did during the night.
[3]: Can it not be reasonably implied that I do not have a night action from my claim? Regardless, I didn't act this night, because I don't have a night action.

Convenient that, isn't it? I acted on EP last night, apparently confirmed by TBF, EP claims to have acted on TBF, whose role changed last night, apparently confirming that.

The only one left out is you, and we have a dead player on our hands. Of the two, a potential role-changer versus a potential kill, which one do you think is the Evil role?

[4] Boy's active lurking.
[4]: Eh. More like normal lurking, if you ask me. My apologies anyway. I think I'll be a bit more active this day, now that we have more to discuss.

If you'll permit me some incredulity: What the actual fuck?

You say that with 10 hours left in the day, at bedtime apparently since you don't respond to TBF's sans-reason-vote on you with righteous indignation. Assuming you are a normal human and require 8 hours of sleep, that leaves 2 hours of activity.

What can you offer in 2 hours of waking-up-FoU that you can't offer in the previous 94?

Le wha? I find it hard to believe you didn't notice the "replaced" word, hector. (no, that's not my only reason for voting you, it's also partly based on your reasoning displayed in the first part of this post)

You appear to have failed to notice when I said I was busy. Skimming posts tends to make you miss bits.

I wanted to post to get you guys commenting on things since you had posted less than a page of stuff in the 30-odd hours between the day starting and when I posted. It's a pain in the ass that it seems I have to be the one getting you guys posting, especially when I don't have the time to do it myself.

The rest of your reasoning is OMGUS, you're voting me because I'm pressuring you.

And because you're displaying the Hectortell, in my opinion. You snap and jump at everything when you're scum, trying to find something that'll stick. As demonstrated above, you're doing that this round.

Is that limited to my scum game? No, because how else does one generate content? Do what you do and stay quiet because they have "nothing to offer"? 3 of you did that yesterday, and you wonder why there was a no lynch. Best case scenario for town in that instance is Starver and I vote for each other. What would that tell you?

Nothing. The game gives back what you put in.

The first substantial thing you've done this game is OMGUS. If you've been following the game enough to notice I've been jumping at every little thing, how come you didn't vote me earlier?

TBF

More to come tomorrow.

It's tomorrow, please do hurry.

Also hoping for something from EP. It hasn't escaped my notice you haven't posted for ages, either.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: December 12, 2016, 09:55:20 am »

I'm in the middle of exam week right now. I should be able to post on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I'll be pretty busy for the rest of today.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: December 12, 2016, 09:56:00 am »

Well great. I think the day ends in like 90 minutes.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: December 12, 2016, 10:45:32 am »

Graaagh.

FoU
Look at Rounds 1-19. Town has won most of the games. That wasn't the salient part. You complaining when you did nothing is the salient part.

How has it taken you 20 rounds, plus 2 bonus rounds, to complain about it?
... stupidity on my part, perhaps. Plus plenty of games where lynching was all messed up due to silencing, hidden vote counts, no vote counts, and just plain being a better idea to no lynch because mechanics.

Yes. I was waiting until I could contribute.

Convenient that, isn't it? I acted on EP last night, apparently confirmed by TBF, EP claims to have acted on TBF, whose role changed last night, apparently confirming that.

The only one left out is you, and we have a dead player on our hands. Of the two, a potential role-changer versus a potential kill, which one do you think is the Evil role?
Please remind me at the end of this round to elaborate on what I might have put here.

You say that with 10 hours left in the day, at bedtime apparently since you don't respond to TBF's sans-reason-vote on you with righteous indignation. Assuming you are a normal human and require 8 hours of sleep, that leaves 2 hours of activity.

What can you offer in 2 hours of waking-up-FoU that you can't offer in the previous 94?
First of all, I would like a bloody response from Fish. I don't like being voted without reasoning.

Second of all. Activity?

You appear to have failed to notice when I said I was busy. Skimming posts tends to make you miss bits.

I wanted to post to get you guys commenting on things since you had posted less than a page of stuff in the 30-odd hours between the day starting and when I posted. It's a pain in the ass that it seems I have to be the one getting you guys posting, especially when I don't have the time to do it myself.

The rest of your reasoning is OMGUS, you're voting me because I'm pressuring you.
I'm going to go ahead and note that I voted you first. Then you voted me. And I was pressuring you.
So I'm calling that an OMGUS on your part.

It's possible you could have missed it because you were busy. So I'll let that go.

[1] Is that limited to my scum game? No, because how else does one generate content? Do what you do and stay quiet because they have "nothing to offer"? 3 of you did that yesterday, and you wonder why there was a no lynch. Best case scenario for town in that instance is Starver and I vote for each other. What would that tell you?

[2] The first substantial thing you've done this game is OMGUS. If you've been following the game enough to notice I've been jumping at every little thing, how come you didn't vote me earlier?

[1]: It's not limited to your scum game, but jumping at irrelevant things is.

[2]: Because, hector, I need more reasons to vote you than just one tell.
~~~
No, I guess day game isn't getting me out of this. And better have a chance to get one person to unvote me and one person keep their vote on me than both stay on me definitely.

I present: my real claim.

I am the grey ? Fish mentioned. Neutral role. My first wincon was not being able to win.

I had a 1-shot night ability(which I suspect was the "falter" ability mentioned in the first mod post of the day). I used it on Fish. Apparently, that stole his win condition and copied his night ability to me. So I now win with the town, and have Fish's ability.

I didn't want to claim on day one because that would get me policy lynched.
I didn't want to claim earlier today because that would get Fish at me.

Also breadcrumbing:

So. That's a thing. Or you're lying. Regardless, it's rather interesting. Right ho, let's get on with the game. You all have opinions on the no lynch yesterday?

Because I think that was pointless. We're not going to make progress finding the scum if we don't lynch. So how about we lynch someone today.

An apology to Fish for stealing his win condition.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: December 12, 2016, 11:18:51 am »

Yes. I was waiting until I could contribute.

Second of all. Activity?

Precisely. I read this as "wtf am I going to say to get me out of this uh... activity?"

You've contributed nothing to this round.

I'm going to go ahead and note that I voted you first. Then you voted me. And I was pressuring you.
So I'm calling that an OMGUS on your part.

It's possible you could have missed it because you were busy. So I'll let that go.

You did vote me first, in response to me pressuring you first. That's how the OMGUS works, it isn't as simple as "I voted you first!". You hadn't been doing anything until I pressured you.

[1] Is that limited to my scum game? No, because how else does one generate content? Do what you do and stay quiet because they have "nothing to offer"? 3 of you did that yesterday, and you wonder why there was a no lynch. Best case scenario for town in that instance is Starver and I vote for each other. What would that tell you?

[2] The first substantial thing you've done this game is OMGUS. If you've been following the game enough to notice I've been jumping at every little thing, how come you didn't vote me earlier?

[1]: It's not limited to your scum game, but jumping at irrelevant things is.

[2]: Because, hector, I need more reasons to vote you than just one tell.

Implying there are relevant things I should be focusing on. Please quote them for me. Had you posted more often, you'd have more than the 10 minutes you have left to do that.

You actually don't need any reason to vote for someone. Your vote is your voice, and for the vast majority of a day it's there for you to get other people to generate content.

You need a reason to build a case. Those reasons don't just fall into your lap, you need to go out and find them.

No, I guess day game isn't getting me out of this. And better have a chance to get one person to unvote me and one person keep their vote on me than both stay on me definitely.

I present: my real claim.

I am the grey ? Fish mentioned. Neutral role. My first wincon was not being able to win.

I had a 1-shot night ability(which I suspect was the "falter" ability mentioned in the first mod post of the day). I used it on Fish. Apparently, that stole his win condition and copied his night ability to me. So I now win with the town, and have Fish's ability.

I didn't want to claim on day one because that would get me policy lynched.
I didn't want to claim earlier today because that would get Fish at me.

Also breadcrumbing:

So. That's a thing. Or you're lying. Regardless, it's rather interesting. Right ho, let's get on with the game. You all have opinions on the no lynch yesterday?

Because I think that was pointless. We're not going to make progress finding the scum if we don't lynch. So how about we lynch someone today.

An apology to Fish for stealing his win condition.

I personally think breadcrumbing is the most pointless thing you can do. All it tells us is you foresee the need to claim later, as I told Starver.

Anyhow, too little too late. I imply I think the potential killer is the Evil role, so you claim the role-changer.

At this point, my choice is between you and EP. You're the only one that's in any way going to get lynched. If you're lying, we (probably) win. If you're truthing, TBF gets his role back. Town loses nothing either way.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: December 12, 2016, 11:23:01 am »

EBWOP: the second last sentence in that entire post should also have "you're not saying what you're apologising for in the breadcrumb, either." tacked on.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: December 12, 2016, 11:32:16 am »

Ah well.

Though I wonder if I keep my wincon after I die. That would be nice.

I think that's relatively likely, so I'd like to make some observations to help the town.

Assuming my 1-shot worked like I assume it would(stealing somebody's win condition, giving me their abilities), then Fish's original win condition was town.

Thus: confirmed town.

Two. Elephant Parade's "my action keeps failing" is going to be rather scummy if it happens again.

Three. Figuring out how Starver died is going to be very important. I personally suspect Evil action. Perhaps a delayed kill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: December 12, 2016, 11:36:20 am »

Amazingly enough my reason for voting FoU was that he was claiming Town Weakness and I suspected he was the Neutral I needed to get lynched to get my wincon back.

It would be interesting.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 237