Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230055 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 19
« Reply #3285 on: November 30, 2016, 11:34:06 pm »

It couldn't have been a suicide?
I'm still wondering.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: December 01, 2016, 08:15:10 pm »

Round over - Town Wins!

Votecount
hector13 (0)
TheBiggerFish (1) - hector13
FallacyofUrist (0)

TheBiggerFish was the Voodoo Master
Spoiler: Voodoo Master (click to show/hide)

Starver gets one victory point.
hector13 gets one victory point.
FallacyofUrist gets one victory point.

Spoiler: Player Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Log (click to show/hide)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: December 01, 2016, 08:17:53 pm »

Man, that was kinda annoying.

TBF: What did you hope to gain by killing me, exactly?

also: you contradicted your own fakeclaim, lol

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: December 01, 2016, 08:21:34 pm »

Sorry. I kinda figured it was TBF on D2, but I didn't feel confident enough in that after you ran your mouth immediately at the start of the day and TBF agreed that's what happened :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: December 01, 2016, 08:29:25 pm »

I'm not sure I deserve much from that. I was convinced (post-mortem) that Fallacy was thebwrong 'un, for various reasons.  My task to convict the person who was actually guilty was counter-(counter-)intuitive to me, and my choosing Darryl to target N0 (my next choice had been Fish, and see next post, but that wouldn' t have wirked either) didn't help anyone...

(And did nobody notice after I was lynched that my roleflip was of my replaced character, without even a Visit to admit to? Honestly, I was expecting a mistrial/retrial, not death, and then getting my original role back and/or now being the Defendent after a reset of role. Maybe I'd have tried a better 'defence' if I'd have known it was final.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: December 01, 2016, 08:31:55 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAARGH
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: December 01, 2016, 08:33:29 pm »

And I would have (should have?  I'm still trying to argue that) won if I hadn't died...
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: December 01, 2016, 08:41:13 pm »

Who is the right single person?
I think I'll say... That's horribly endangering but, if game gives extra roles, fresh inditement should help.

Perhaps. My initial meta-thoughts could be wrong.

Who did I think (wrongly!) was the person was who could benefit from my (now lost!) visiting action?
It is TheBiggerFish...

I was quite proud of that construction. Turns out I was way off, though, so it went to waste...  ;)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: December 01, 2016, 08:44:08 pm »

Okay, so... who thinks that if Town and Scum wincons aren't both either satisfied or impossible, that the game should go on until they're both either of those states?
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: December 01, 2016, 08:48:00 pm »

Well, it turns out my (Townie, but non-standard) WinCon came true.  Despite everything I believed (second-guessing the mod, as Tomasque knows all too well).

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: December 01, 2016, 08:50:37 pm »

Mine would have, and indeed could have and IMHO should have, triggered this EoD.
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: December 01, 2016, 08:53:12 pm »

(Three players being Darryl, Me and EP?  I think you only killed EP.)

Here's a post-death message I sent to Tomasque, BTW...

Notice any similarity..?
(Ni ja2)
FoU: I don't think that the investigator would be Evil, but Fallacy's been pretty passive; if you hadn't specifically asked me to focus on the night results, I'd have ranked him below Starver.
This round is... confusing as all heck. I don't think I have much to contribute other than my night action, which tracks the target...

Anybody have any ideas for who would be best to target this night?
I don't even know what you do, but looks like you're a better cop than EP. If you follow (or just role/whatever-investigate), I give you the option (your choice, don't tell anyone, even me) of following me to check that what I do has a probably legit outcome. If you're a Watcher, I'd need to tell you where I'm going (and you could just as easily keep an eye on someone else if I've diverted everyone else somewhere). If you're scum, you'll have your own ideas how to play this.

But here's a plan: we no lynch, then have him [Fish] choose somebody of our choice other than me. Then I either track or don't track that person based on a Random.org roll.
Alternatively, he targets me, then I track or don't track somebody based on a Random.org roll.

Come morning, we ask him what his results are. If they contradict what I did, you lynch him.

Perhaps not the best way, given the fact that if he guesses, he has a 50% chance of being right. But it's the plan I've got.

Now officially tapping Fallacy as manipulative Scum. Either that or plagiarist... ;)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: December 01, 2016, 08:55:05 pm »

(Three players being Darryl, Me and EP?  I think you only killed EP.)

Here's a post-death message I sent to Tomasque, BTW...

Notice any similarity..?
(Ni ja2)
FoU: I don't think that the investigator would be Evil, but Fallacy's been pretty passive; if you hadn't specifically asked me to focus on the night results, I'd have ranked him below Starver.
This round is... confusing as all heck. I don't think I have much to contribute other than my night action, which tracks the target...

Anybody have any ideas for who would be best to target this night?
I don't even know what you do, but looks like you're a better cop than EP. If you follow (or just role/whatever-investigate), I give you the option (your choice, don't tell anyone, even me) of following me to check that what I do has a probably legit outcome. If you're a Watcher, I'd need to tell you where I'm going (and you could just as easily keep an eye on someone else if I've diverted everyone else somewhere). If you're scum, you'll have your own ideas how to play this.

But here's a plan: we no lynch, then have him [Fish] choose somebody of our choice other than me. Then I either track or don't track that person based on a Random.org roll.
Alternatively, he targets me, then I track or don't track somebody based on a Random.org roll.

Come morning, we ask him what his results are. If they contradict what I did, you lynch him.

Perhaps not the best way, given the fact that if he guesses, he has a 50% chance of being right. But it's the plan I've got.

Now officially tapping Fallacy as manipulative Scum. Either that or plagiarist... ;)
Hector would've died:
Day's over, stop talking ;D
Fallacy would have died:
Well, that's that.

I'd like to note that if hector was the Evil role...

Well, we couldn't lynch him, could we?
EP was dead.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: December 01, 2016, 08:59:03 pm »

So we all died right after you got lynched.

Your powers do say, "At the end of the day", after all.

Well, that was interesting.

Good game.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: December 01, 2016, 08:59:51 pm »

Which is what I've been saying...

I should get credit for that :s
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 237