Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230800 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 18
« Reply #2910 on: October 11, 2016, 11:33:48 am »

Huh.

Actually that seems similar to things I know already.

Shakerag
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: October 11, 2016, 11:42:58 am »

I hate Jesters...  Still, if it stops the Paradox in the first place, it means I don't have to try to fix it later.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: October 11, 2016, 11:44:00 am »

(Pressed submit before remembering to add that I'm pondering this.)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: October 11, 2016, 12:12:36 pm »

Fish: You're confident. So we're not looking at the possibility of someone for whom a paradox would be caused by such self-immolation?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: October 11, 2016, 12:30:06 pm »

Shakerag won't be lynched today.

On a related topic, you will want to be careful with your votes today, and even more so tomorrow.

Anyhow:

Shakeyboy

Christ in a green hat.  You people are timid.

Alright, fine.  Since I survived D1 and nothing nasty happened N1 (at least to me), then I'll put my chips on the table.

I only didn't fullclaim D1 on the off chance that there was a paradox-loving scum with an NK.

So.  My wincon is for no one to be lynched D1 and for me to be lynched D2.  I cause a paradox if I don't win (very hilarious, Tomasque).

I don't have an inspect, and I have no idea what alignment Starver is.

N0 I got no message, and N1 I gained a night action to remove myself from the game, which apparently doesn't count as "dying".

D1 I used one of my day abilities right before day end which basically caused any current votes to be nullified and those players couldn't vote again for the rest of the day

"one of"?

You're making it quite difficult to trust you when you imply you're making a full claim and don't actually make a full claim.

Now, I can think of a few reasons why you'd want to fakeclaim Starver was scum, but perhaps you'd like to talk us through your thought process?

TBF

Huh.

Actually that seems similar to things I know already.

Shakerag

What do you know already?

Starver

I hate Jesters...  Still, if it stops the Paradox in the first place, it means I don't have to try to fix it later.

There's more than one way to skin a cat cause a paradox, man.

As a personal comment, N0 worries me.
Or you're deflecting yourself, perhaps the N0 actor. But no direct evidence for that.

What can you tell us about N0?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: October 11, 2016, 12:45:26 pm »

As a personal comment, N0 worries me.
Or you're deflecting yourself, perhaps the N0 actor. But no direct evidence for that.
What can you tell us about N0?
I was told there was somebody there.

My role has no intrinsic observation ability to it (also didn't see anyone checking me out last night, but as that was pure bull it no longer means anything, so far as I'm concerned).

And N0s tend towards giving an advantage for one party against the other party (usually a non-NKer scum), to pre-emptively even the odds, and darned sure I didn't get the benefit.

I speculated a framing action. But even that's now in doubt. But realistically it's somebody setting me up to fail (and somebody else N1?).  Anyone wants to say anything..? Claim N1 target?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: October 11, 2016, 12:46:40 pm »

Hector:I've a role similar to his, except where he has numbers I have blanks.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: October 11, 2016, 01:07:20 pm »

TBF has been really useless and is probably scum. I was going to make an in-depth post on why, but I got ninja'd by Shakerag's insanity, so that'll have to wait.

also he doesn't put spaces after colons, which is, like, the eighth sin

Hector:Would still like to know when the Paradox might occur.
He wants to know what specifically could cause the paradox. Why would he want to know this, if not to cause it?

No, seriously. TheBiggerFish: Why would you ask that?

If we lynch Shakerag, a paradox will be created. I know this because I used my night action on him, and my role details how my action could lead to a paradox. (I don't think revealing my night action (or my entire role, even) would be a bad idea, but I'm going to think on it before I consider doing so.)

...Of course, according to him, a paradox will be created if he isn't lynched. IMO he has more reason to lie than me, since he wants to get himself lynched, but I guess it comes down to which people, if any, you trust—and whether you want him around for the rest of the game.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: October 11, 2016, 01:24:09 pm »

TBF has been really useless and is probably scum. I was going to make an in-depth post on why, but I got ninja'd by Shakerag's insanity, so that'll have to wait.

If you're so convinced, why aren't you voting for him?

Hector:Would still like to know when the Paradox might occur.
He wants to know what specifically could cause the paradox. Why would he want to know this, if not to cause it?

No, seriously. TheBiggerFish: Why would you ask that?

What you think he's asking and what he actually asked appear to be two quite different things.

Why do you assume that someone knowing how to cause a paradox automatically means they want it to happen?

If we lynch Shakerag, a paradox will be created. I know this because I used my night action on him, and my role details how my action could lead to a paradox. (I don't think revealing my night action (or my entire role, even) would be a bad idea, but I'm going to think on it before I consider doing so.)

I'll bite. Do tell.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: October 11, 2016, 01:45:54 pm »

Hector:I've a role similar to his, except where he has numbers I have blanks.
If true, I probably shouldn't enquire how this works.

But almost every solid assumption I've made has been overturned, now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: October 11, 2016, 02:40:10 pm »

...Can someone explain what a paradox is?

(and yes, my role also mentions the possibility of a paradox occuring)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: October 11, 2016, 02:44:14 pm »

PFP — about to do some homework; should have a full response up within the next couple of hours

Nobody's sure—or if they are, they aren't saying—but it sounds bad.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: October 11, 2016, 02:47:14 pm »

Cha gonna answer muh kwestchyins?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: October 11, 2016, 03:06:51 pm »

hector13:
Shakerag won't be lynched today.
Well, if that's your doing, I hope you like paradox.

Shakeyboy
"one of"?

You're making it quite difficult to trust you when you imply you're making a full claim and don't actually make a full claim.

Now, I can think of a few reasons why you'd want to fakeclaim Starver was scum, but perhaps you'd like to talk us through your thought process?
1) I don't trust you either.
2) No.

Elephant Parade:
also he doesn't put spaces after colons, which is, like, the eighth sin
And using "sub" tags is a mortal sin.  See you in hell.

...Of course, according to him, a paradox will be created if he isn't lynched. IMO he has more reason to lie than me, since he wants to get himself lynched, but I guess it comes down to which people, if any, you trust—and whether you want him around for the rest of the game.
Welp, if that's 100% true then this round is going to go tits up no matter what.  Either way, you're not going to see me past D3. 

TDS:

We don't know.  My role mentions a paradox happening if I don't win.  I'm assuming there are multiple ways to cause a paradox.  My guess is that this round is either town vs. mechanics (i.e. everyone needs to avoid triggering their own paradox clauses), or town vs. paradox-loving scum.  Seeing as that hector13 is actively trying to prevent me from getting lynched today (which will cause my wincon to fail, triggering paradox) he's either an idiot or paradox-loving scum.

Tomasque: Vote count?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: October 11, 2016, 03:16:50 pm »

What am I doing to actively stop you being lynched today?

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 237