Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230991 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 16
« Reply #2490 on: August 09, 2016, 07:28:59 pm »

Does that tell you anything about me, though? My role in this particular round?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: August 09, 2016, 07:30:54 pm »

That remains to be seen, but it'll do for a start...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: August 09, 2016, 07:33:46 pm »

A start? This suggests to me you have a plan for building off the answers you receive.

What is that plan?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: August 09, 2016, 07:58:13 pm »

If I have a plan, then why would I reveal the details of that plan and thus personally subvert the results of my own plan?

Let me at first get responses from everybody, and progress crom there.  Also let us hear the full responses to your questions, most of which I find as mystifying bland and 'rubbish' as you seem to believe my single question to be.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: August 09, 2016, 10:18:38 pm »

Moonlit - if you were the investigator this round, who would you target at night and why?
Maybe you, for going along with Starvers 'rubbish' question rather than pressuring him further for what you consider bad play.
I am voting for him, you know. What makes it seem as though I'm not pressuring him?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: August 09, 2016, 10:19:08 pm »

EBWOP

Rather, what else should I be doing to pressure him?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: August 09, 2016, 11:16:53 pm »

Surprise, surprise Starver. A rubbish question with a rubbish reference :P

That won't help us find scum.

Perhaps we should discuss the game:

TBF - what do you think the atypical day start means for what the Evil role's action is, and what it means for the town's action(s) against the Evil role?
I don't know.  It could be that there's a kill.  It could be.  I don't know enough.

Although, given what I know, I'd be very surprised if it was a flat-out kill.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: August 09, 2016, 11:18:03 pm »

If I was a fruit...Cacao.

Chocolate, omnomnom.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: August 10, 2016, 12:22:02 am »

I'd actually quite like Moonlit and FoU to answer Starver's fruit question; I want to see where he goes with it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: August 10, 2016, 08:46:05 am »

FoU - Why are you wasting time worrying about actions and not taking the initiative and scum hunting?
Oi mate, the day hadn't really acquired momentum when you asked that question! Now then...

Hector - Why are you wasting time asking people to answer a question about fruit and not taking the initiative and scum hunting?
~~~
But fiiiiine.
I like fruit. If you were a fruit, what kind of fruit would you be?
Pomegranate. Either that or some other kind of fruit. If I were a fruit/animal/inanimate object/weapon at some abstract point in the multiverse, how would I, here, know what I was? I could very well be dragon fruit, orange, passion fruit, deku fruit, void fruit, magenta fruit... the list goes on.

If you were to restate that question as "what kind of fruit would you like to be?" then I would answer "I would rather be a human, thank you very much."

Starver: Please tell me how that question is helping you scum hunt.
~~~
Who would you target and why, if you had a watch ability? (including yourself)
hector, or myself.
Hector because he's the best at the day game in this game and I would love to know who's interested in acting on him. Myself because I would like to know who's interested in acting on me, and I weight the value of knowing who acted on me higher than that of the other players.

In the absence of other role information or behavior information, anyway.
~~~
EBWOP

Rather, what else should I be doing to pressure him?
... keep your vote on him, spam meaningful questions at him, encourage others to vote him.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: August 10, 2016, 10:07:05 am »

So, to summarise, alphabetically:
Fallacy: Pomegranate
Fish: Cacao
Hector: Apricot
Moonlit: Cherry
Myself: Coconut

Anybody want to change, before I go further in that direction?

The other questions from everyone are as interesting as the answers (i.e. mostly not much1, but maybe some gems in there once we see things that correlate to reveals). Based on those, I'd be tempted to finger Hector as being least helpful, except for a perhaps unreasonable assumption that I should bias against the likelihood of repetitions between rounds.

Lack of N0 means we can't even reasonably ask if anyone acted on anyone else, or has suspicions of otherwise, upon which to get reasonable claims. But N1 will be interesting, I predict. Not that evil will know who to target any more than any good guys, at this rate. But what's even the use of questions like "if you were a medic, who would you protect?" or "if you were evil, who woud you kill?" or "if you could switch two people as targets, which two?" or "if you could paint one role-archetype to identify tomorrow, which would you paint?".

No, give me Day 2, first, assuming I get past N1. Then I'll be happier.

1 For the record, as a summary of non-fruit questions, etc: I didn't think there was any silencing (there wasn't) but that there's possibly something killy, or at least severe.
Hector is at least as lynchy as usual. No surprises there. But a mislynch is worse if it misses the person with an evil nightkill, and right now the chances are higher that it won't be a lucky D1 town win. (Actually, 100%, the way it currently is, but you don't have reason to listen to me). In a "evil needs town lynches to win" scenario, it's slightly better tactics to fire the blunderbus indiscriminately at this stage.
Moonlit would investigate Hector for humouring me. But Hector is always worth investigating and I've often regretted not being able to get such results.
Fish doesn't think its a killy kill, which I can easily imagine, though I'm still leaning more otherwis, personally. Personal knowledge, apparently.
Fallacy is a bit lynchy, too, but would like to know what Hector is up to, if he could risk not being paranoid about his own back.  Again, I can't see anything wrong with that attitude.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: August 10, 2016, 10:31:41 am »

You're stalking, bro.

The reason we ask the "if you were x role, who would you target", is because it gives us a bit of s clue as to their mindset.

Investigative roles would tell us who someone is suspicious of when the question gets asked, or who they think would be a useful player (clearing a player you think is good so they don't lead the town into oblivion)

Sometimes the answers are unhelpful (could argue that about FoU's answer to Moonlit's question) because folk give "optimal" answers, but they're usually better than asking about non-game related material. Like fruit and Priscilla White :P

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: August 10, 2016, 10:32:00 am »

Stalling, not stalking.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: August 10, 2016, 11:39:11 am »

That's another example of a good question, though it could lead to me being a WIFOM-y bastard and not really answering it with:

I'm not going to tell other people what to do with their action.

Which is kinda the answer I want to give. If people want to clear me, then that's fine, but it depends on the type of role they have. A traditional investigator (alignment cop) would be fine, but a watcher (of the "your target visited this person" variety) wouldn't, for reasons we won't go into on D1.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: August 10, 2016, 12:11:55 pm »

Stalling, not stalking.
I actually thought you were giving an honest (or faux-honest) opinion of my behaviour the first time. I've got my notes, and I'm going to use them to do what I can to target the

As for stalling, I think there's evidence enough that this round is a more active environment where I risk nightkill, exactly the opposite of the situation I would like to stall in. But those mindset questions reveal nothing useful, largely predictable as they are, which is one reason for asking something off-piste.

Anyway, make of my altitude what you will. It's my current contribution, but there's still time left to get more gefore day-end, even though I'm now going dark for an hour or two.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 237