Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230706 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 3
« Reply #240 on: February 11, 2016, 08:42:29 pm »

Tomasque:But...Whaaa?  Asking for role names is practically a standard thing!
Role names can be claimed. Only role flavor (ya know,  the itallic stuff) cannot be claimed.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 11, 2016, 10:28:46 pm »

Tomasque:But...Whaaa?  Asking for role names is practically a standard thing!
Role names can be claimed. Only role flavor (ya know,  the itallic stuff) cannot be claimed.
Oh, okay.  Thank goodness.

I still don't like this.

It's flavour, it's meaningless. What will it tell you?
It was a big part of my suspicions of the Gas Station Attendant and Bad Pianist claims.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 11, 2016, 10:29:41 pm »

But seriously, FoU, what's your role name?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 11, 2016, 11:05:01 pm »

It was a big part of my suspicions of the Gas Station Attendant and Bad Pianist claims.
[/quote]

What about them?

Why are you so interested in the role name? What will it tell you about FoU?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 11, 2016, 11:05:37 pm »

Better formatting for the quote.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 12, 2016, 05:28:26 am »

I don't know what it will tell me until I have it.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 12, 2016, 09:18:50 am »

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 12, 2016, 09:19:21 am »

Well, if we can discuss role-names (I must admit that I had my doubts from the original way it was put), then I don't need to try to forget what has already been revealed.  I mean, call me the rational one, but I think TBF doesn't know what I think I know about the veracity of FoU's claim - or anything similar that I might myself say.  It sounds like only one person wouldn't be able to work that one out, but I'm willing to be corrected.

I don't suppose Hector can say anything about this, just to be sure?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 12, 2016, 09:20:14 am »

(I wish I'd typed that quicker.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 12, 2016, 12:56:22 pm »

Well, if we can discuss role-names (I must admit that I had my doubts from the original way it was put), then I don't need to try to forget what has already been revealed.  I mean, call me the rational one, but I think TBF doesn't know what I think I know about the veracity of FoU's claim - or anything similar that I might myself say.  It sounds like only one person wouldn't be able to work that one out, but I'm willing to be corrected.

I don't suppose Hector can say anything about this, just to be sure?

Not really, FoU blocked me, so I wasn't able to do anything. Equally so, if it's a traditional jailor role, I was also protected from being acted upon, so... perhaps this throws Starver's claim they didn't act into question. The fact he's saying it's protective rather than a blocking role, though, is interesting. Makes him seem more benign, perhaps?

We can discuss role names and role abilities (presumably) which is somewhat more important than flavour, though given Tomasque's reluctance for us to discuss it (and the fact this is a bastard game) I think we could read into our own flavour beyond face value.

What is it you think you know about FoU's role, anyway?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 12, 2016, 12:56:49 pm »

Also, bear in mind we've got ~8.5 hours left.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 12, 2016, 02:55:01 pm »

I see what you did there.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 12, 2016, 06:17:07 pm »

Ah... What did I do?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 12, 2016, 07:08:13 pm »

I imagine the scum will try to use a kill action on me if the day ends without lynching them. Assuming I target another player at random, that's a 1 in 3 of preventing the kill action.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 12, 2016, 07:12:22 pm »

I imagine the scum will try to use a kill action on me if the day ends without lynching them. Assuming I target another player at random, that's a 1 in 3 of preventing the kill action.

Now that you've said that, they'll be thinking again. It's a nice thing for WIFOM for scum though, hope they enjoy it.

Also, not sure why no-one is actually voting. Won't get anything done by doing that. TBF

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 237