Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231052 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 14
« Reply #2370 on: July 20, 2016, 04:15:03 pm »

Sorry for that edit, and I can't find my orignal text by backpaging.

Start again.
You're not contributing much either, cha know. You said you have an auto, and that's it.
(I was saying as how) You seem not to respond to my attempts to get a little bit here, a little bit there, and I don't want to reward you for that, but let's see if you (Hector) can respond sanely enough with equivalent information to the following:
I am a puppet hand who passes on commands. I have had in mind to say that there's a script-writer's hand behind my actions, but nothing now seems to bear that out.  I have had no idea what my commands may do (until I see the roeflips, at least, which is why I trust Moonlit's declarations) and I presume that there is just one person who would not mind my winning. (I didn't say that the first time round.)

If you can give me enough filler-information from your side, Hector, then my vote goes back onto Fallacy (noting that I'm the only one who has even tried to vote, this time round) and you can easily double up that (writing it correctly, this time) and doubtless to your benefit. Whether mine or not.

@Fallacy, it is an uphill struggle, but if you can be more sane n your reply to explain all the gaps in your all-over-the-shop approach, before I get to react to Hectorvs doubtless revelatory coredump of information, then therevs a chance I will switch.  Make it good, though, because you're starting in defecit.

Shortcut to my trust: Guess how many wincons I have, and the points for each. I'll look favourably upon the one that gets it correct, but seems like a longshot,.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: July 20, 2016, 05:31:03 pm »

Well one thing we have to consider, Starver, is that FoU has claimed a night kill. If he's telling the truth (in regards to his role and alignment) then any townies left don't want him to be alive for the night.

If he's telling the truth about his role but not his alignment, then any scum left don't want him alive neither.

If he's lying about both, he's just a dick. This seems the least likely scenario.

Anyway, this raises the question of how to proceed. Do we take our chances that you and I are the same alignment and take out the FoU NK, or do we gamble that FoU is the same alignment, and thus lose if we're wrong?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: July 20, 2016, 05:38:39 pm »

Also, are you claiming middle management, Starver?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: July 20, 2016, 05:53:11 pm »

Interestingly, Hector always seems to be the last to claim. And a claim from him would be nice right now, just saying.
~~~
@Fallacy, it is an uphill struggle, but if you can be more sane n your reply to explain all the gaps in your all-over-the-shop approach, before I get to react to Hectorvs doubtless revelatory coredump of information, then therevs a chance I will switch.  Make it good, though, because you're starting in defecit.
Bay 12, mate, sanity is dead.

In any case: look at my perspective on this: both your and hector's behavior could have been generated by an Evil or a town motivation. And because of this round's particular alignment mechanics, it's even more difficult to use information on behavior.
Which leaves role mechanics(my preference). But, it seems, I'm not getting much of that information.

Perhaps if you both would full claim we can get into that. Until then, I don't have much to supply other than my cooperation. And interrogation.
~~~
Shortcut to my trust: Guess how many wincons I have, and the points for each. I'll look favourably upon the one that gets it correct, but seems like a longshot,.
Starver, why would you look favorably onto somebody who guesses your win condition? I'm not seeing any reasoning here...
~~~
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: July 20, 2016, 06:00:12 pm »

Hah. That was silly. Also, reliance on mechanics is silly, but that's just muh pref.

I would much rather Starver claim his role name first.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: July 20, 2016, 06:11:51 pm »

I would much rather Starver claim his role name first.

Already given.  Puppet Hand.  Now you give similarly comprehensive info.  Or side with Fallacy for a somewhat hopeful speculation that that would grant you the instawin, I suppose.

(Fallacy: I have had my reasons to have suspected, and still somewhat suspect, that someone could give me chapter and verse on my character, after giving them just enough clues to let them know that they do. Now it looks like I'm probablynwrong, but if the round ends and it roleflips that they do know, and are staying aloof for no good reason, then I can't say that I haven't tried...)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: July 20, 2016, 06:26:17 pm »

The man with the strings. Interesting...

I am the Handmirror. I redirect; if someone acts upon me, they hit my target instead.

Now. We still stand no closer to figuring this out because we haven't said whether we're town or scum, though I can't imagine we would trust one another to tell the truth anyway.

Right. I will vote for FoU. If FoU would like me to vote for Starver instead, tell me why.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: July 20, 2016, 06:33:31 pm »

Right. I will vote for FoU. If FoU would like me to vote for Starver instead, tell me why.
Bah. Sadly, I've got nothing.

(Fallacy: I have had my reasons to have suspected, and still somewhat suspect, that someone could give me chapter and verse on my character, after giving them just enough clues to let them know that they do. Now it looks like I'm probablynwrong, but if the round ends and it roleflips that they do know, and are staying aloof for no good reason, then I can't say that I haven't tried...)
Well, okay. Would unvote now, but I don't want to be lynched. For obvious reasons.
~~~
I don't suppose either of you folks would be willing to claim alignment?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: July 20, 2016, 07:16:05 pm »

Would you believe is if we did?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: July 20, 2016, 08:21:35 pm »

Would you believe is if we did?
Completely fair point. I don't suppose either of you are neutral?
~~~
This situation is rather annoying. But...

hector13, simply based on game logic, the best I have. If you're town and Starver's lynched, I can't kill you, based on your claim. If, after your lynch, you show up Evil, I should be able to off Starver.

Best I've got.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: July 20, 2016, 09:13:45 pm »

Yeah, looks like I'm inevitably going for FoU again. With the distinct chance of someone's reversal before day-end...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: July 20, 2016, 09:27:04 pm »

Nah, day ends too early for me. Annoyed it has come down to this, but ah well.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: July 21, 2016, 08:53:56 am »

Yeah, looks like I'm inevitably going for FoU again. With the distinct chance of someone's reversal before day-end...
Pity.
Also, I say you have one wincon for two points.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: July 21, 2016, 03:08:33 pm »

Round Over - Scum Win!

Votecount
hector13 (1) - FallacyofUrist
FallacyofUrist (2) - hector13, Starver
Starver (0)

FallacyofUrist was the Hand of Justice
Spoiler: Hand of Justice (click to show/hide)

hector13 gets one victory point.
Starver gets one victory point.
TheBiggerFish gets one victory point.
The Moonlit Shadow gets one victory point.

Spoiler: Player Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Log (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 03:13:35 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: July 21, 2016, 03:09:38 pm »

Oh well. Pity.
It was a fun round. GG.

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 237