Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231102 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 14
« Reply #2280 on: July 12, 2016, 06:54:38 pm »

Or perhaps it's the Sword and Scales of Justice?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: July 12, 2016, 07:05:39 pm »

sigh
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: July 12, 2016, 07:06:18 pm »

Again, there are four hands in the picture, for five players.

There were five hands in the picture on D1.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: July 12, 2016, 07:15:38 pm »

Do you think Tomasque didn't make that himself?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: July 13, 2016, 04:35:48 am »

I count five hands.  But I can't directly match my hand-name against those pictures, nor the one that I imagine (without it being explicit) controls me. Unless you can only go so far with figurativism and GIMP.

FoU, though, IIRC, you seemed originally to have absolutely no idea about hands, which might explain why my controller is not a hand, and would perhaps mean something else about mine.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: July 13, 2016, 08:20:50 am »

there are five hands in that picture(the one I just posted).

Let's count!

1. Pale hand furthest on the left.
2. Further to the right, two hands with a dark pixel aura, one gripping the other.
3. Horrible mouth-thing hand.
4. Now look up. There's a hand holding a sword above the horrible mouth-thing hand.

That makes 5.

FoU, though, IIRC, you seemed originally to have absolutely no idea about hands, which might explain why my controller is not a hand, and would perhaps mean something else about mine.
That was before I realized it wasn't just some metaphor or symbolism. It was a sudden realization I had in the middle of Night 1... and then I got bloody silenced.
I'll remind you of the fact that my role is in the form "The Hand of [?]". It then seemed reasonable to me that we're all hands.

Also, given the hand you claimed, how do you explain the Sword of Damocles above you, hm?
I don't think I claimed. Please quote the post in which I claimed my role, please.

FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: July 13, 2016, 08:58:26 am »

For the others,  Moonlit claimed "second on the left", which seems to be in a caress with another. I think that's been confused by Hector. FoU stated nothing, that I can see.

I could forgive the caution...  "I'm the gloveless hand/the hand stuck in the closing door/the hand feeding the biting dog/whatever" could be indicate to your natural predator that you are their natural prey, but it soon looked obvious to me that being "The Hand of [?]" is not in itself a clue.  I might even have gone further and said as much myself, but for the shutdown on claiming.

I shall say that I don't know what my controller did (they're probably not the sword, they're perhaps more powerful), but I know that they succeeded twice.  They may not know this, but as there are apparently multiple controllers I don't think this is as big a help to an evil controller as it is to everyone else, unless another controllable character (I spotted two claims, maybe not both being totally honst) fills in too many blanks.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: July 13, 2016, 09:12:19 am »

Sorry, but I did mean to say as how "Hand of ..." looks more like a guessed title (after the fact), unless anyone else wants to claim a (specifically) "Hand of" title. It may be that my variation is just one of several variations, in which case I'm thinking too narrow. Like my thinking that we're all theatrically-related (I'm calling into question that assumption, given the big picture).

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: July 13, 2016, 09:59:05 am »

Also, given the hand you claimed, how do you explain the Sword of Damocles above you, hm?
I don't think I claimed. Please quote the post in which I claimed my role, please.

Ah right, another misreading on my part. It appeared to me you were claiming the freaky looking hand with the sword above it. Hand of Thing, rather than Hand of [Thing]. I'm not doing well with punctuation this round...

I'm going to switch my vote over to Moonlit, for now. The claim of a hand (not even a concrete one!) doesn't sit well with me. Seems like a surreptitious attempt at getting someone else to claim, too.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: July 13, 2016, 10:25:16 am »

Well then.

I am rather surprised as to FoU's sudden change of heart...

I both do and don't trust his claim, but it is worrisome.

However, given what Moonlit said about their hand, I'm much more suspicious of them.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: July 13, 2016, 10:30:49 am »

What makes you suspicious of them?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: July 13, 2016, 02:08:13 pm »

Well then.

I am rather surprised as to FoU's sudden change of heart...

I both do and don't trust his claim, but it is worrisome.

However, given what Moonlit said about their hand, I'm much more suspicious of them.
Being second hand to the left? I don't even understand that one, but doesn't look dangerous. Thus I presume this is a counterclaim because you know it is you?

I can't trust Fallacy's claim unless someone can satisfy me it's not plain made up. But could be a scared Neutral having chosen wrongly in trying to avoid suspicion of being worse.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: July 13, 2016, 04:57:35 pm »

I'd also like an explanation on how you simultaneously do and don't trust FoU, TBF.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: July 13, 2016, 06:37:46 pm »

Oh bother.

I misread the photo.

Unvote.

@hector:His claim makes some sense, but it makes too much sense.  Like, it was reverse-derived from the pictures.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: July 13, 2016, 06:38:39 pm »

Although, I'm also a second hand from the left role, for the record...
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 237