Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231160 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 13
« Reply #2145 on: June 28, 2016, 11:43:03 am »

I hope y'all realise the out you're giving TDS if he is the Evil role.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: June 28, 2016, 11:44:17 am »

We still have the dichotomy between what Moonlit says Tomasque said, and what TDS says Tomasque said, if he comes back with a different result...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: June 28, 2016, 11:45:37 am »

Which is literally the same as Moonlit's word against TDS' without Tomasque's input.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: June 28, 2016, 12:07:41 pm »

Exactly.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: June 28, 2016, 12:08:44 pm »

So there's no point in this at all, beyond offering TDS an opportunity to say "whoops, my bad." which isn't really all that useful if he is the evil role.

Unvote, for the moment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: June 28, 2016, 12:11:19 pm »

Alternatively, Moonlit is lying.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: June 28, 2016, 12:13:44 pm »

Exactly...
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: June 28, 2016, 01:19:22 pm »

I was blocked from checking Moonlit, last night.  That could be TDS's 'fault' (by Moonlit's interpretation of TDS's auto, but not TDS's) or it could be someone else's, undeclared.  It did not stop the poking of me, last night, and there's possible confusion about the 'known but blocked' status of Fish's poke on TDS, N0, so maybe pokes are immune, but it's a point that's giving me a lot of trouble accepting any 'simple' explanation, still, even/especially after TDS has given me my wished-for clarification.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: June 28, 2016, 02:50:30 pm »

So I checked with Tomasque and I only block people who visit me. So obviously Moonlit is lying about his inspection result.

Everyone: Have you had a blockable action succeed anytime during the game? Because if so, then I obviously don't block everyone - I've been visited every night (and I'm notified of this, but not who the visitor(s) are).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: June 28, 2016, 03:22:45 pm »

It seems that - no, TBF, why don't you explain further?
We don't know which of you two is lying about the mechanics of TDS's roleblock.

I, personally, am inclined to read it according to TDS's interpretation (and have been all along), so I don't know how you're seizing on to the lack of one word so strongly.  It's like you're trying to frame a case through incredible obstinacy and exact words, which is frankly a really weird way to do things.

That, and what if TDS isn't the only person with a roleblock?  I mean, it's certainly not impossible.

@TDS:Assuming my poke is roleblockable, yes, I have in fact had it succeed on nights when, by TMS's theory and barring some weird exception to the rules, I woupd have been blocked.

So...I'm going to switch my vote to Moonlit.
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: June 28, 2016, 03:55:38 pm »

I keep saying I was blocked, and I keep saying I was not blocked (from getting Fish's status as Town) on N0.  This mismatches everything, without complication from other people.  But otherwise, I see very little scumminess in TDS, when comparing with the big picture...

The poke happened each time (no obvious reason to believe anything blocking-related to initiating a non-TDS block, but has to be considered), noticably blocked only upon N0, upon the Blocking Source, never at any other time

Hector's skill never got a chance to be blocked, because I didn't, then wouldn't, notice and follow-up on the invitation to visit.

Moonlit is a strange one, has definitely lied, and said as how he was bocked in http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155932.msg7061563#msg7061563 yet not ever in http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155932.msg7067056#msg7067056 and it's just too strange and confusing.  And not the only one.  But role-discovery seems legit, with but marginal scum-use behind it.  Thoughts from others?

(Ninjaed by Fish, as I spent a lot of time rereading thread.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: June 28, 2016, 03:57:33 pm »

....Hector, what have you to say here?
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: June 28, 2016, 05:39:52 pm »

....Hector, what have you to say here?

argh

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: June 28, 2016, 05:49:20 pm »

In a more serious note, both Moonlit and TDS' points re: TDS' action have been proven true: N0 Starver got a result on TBF, and N2 Starver didn't get a result on Moonlit. 0-0

Perhaps Moonlit thus cannot be investigated... then again, neither can TDS. 0-0

TBF has been poking his way through the town (*nudge wink*) willy-nilly, and my action results have specifically stated they failed because I wasn't visited, not because I was blocked. The only claimed unblockable is Moonlit, however... 1-0, TDS

TDS has claimed town weakness though - this makes sense given his blocking and potential inability to be investigated - TBF town special - which I still find hard to believe, but is secondary just now; I think he's neutral - while Starver and I have claimed investigative roles, and Moonlit I guess has alluded to same with his action. 2-0, TDS

I think I'm more inclined to accept TDS' position at this point, sorry Moonlit.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: June 29, 2016, 02:38:26 am »

We've been going round in circles a lot, and I've just had to check that I've not messed up my own part in this.

It's absolutely on a knife-edge, some contrary things on my mind, but I've got to go for Moonlit. Happier to know that there is more time to correct a merely misguided action at this point.  Hoping it's not a bad mistake.

(I was looking forward to hearing Fish's role info, but that'll have to wait unti endgame reveal, I suppose.)
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 237