Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231218 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 13
« Reply #2115 on: June 27, 2016, 02:06:03 pm »

That's weird.  I guess poking doesn't count as a visit.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: June 27, 2016, 02:12:11 pm »

Alright Hector:

I have an ability that tells me my targets ability.
I can't be roleblocked.

I inspected Starver N0. He has an inspect called Inspect that gives the alignment of his target.
I inspected Hector N1. He has an ability called Sentinel which he uses on someone, and if they visit him, then he learns their ability. He doesn't visit.
TDS N2. He has an ability called Small Talk that roleblocks his target. He has an auto called Surprise Visit, which causes him to use Small Talk on everyone who visits instead of his target.

This checks out for me. How does it check out for you, Starver?
Rigjt skill (revealed by me), rigjt skill name (not revealed by me.)

I can't mesh the facts of TDS that happened to me. I wasn't visiting, yet I was blocked. You visited him, which should have done "instead of the target" even if I was targeted, by how I read your wording.

Thinking...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: June 27, 2016, 02:14:23 pm »

Then how did I know it's name? Lucky guess?

Everyone was roleblocked last night.

What makes you say that?
I visited TDS, causing Surprise Visit to activate.
Except he was visited N0 by TBF, and Starver got a result.

My thought earlier in talking with TBF was that if he pokes TDS, his blocking action doesn't work on everyone. Which is perhaps how Starver wasn't blocked N0, but subsequently was as TBF has been systematically poking everyone else.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: June 27, 2016, 02:14:51 pm »

Hammers are not in effect since it is not the final day.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: June 27, 2016, 02:15:54 pm »

Wait, anyone who visits him, or anyone who visits anyone? Except for poking. Which seems immune.

PPE: Oh yeah,  amd that,  unless poking doesnvt activate it either.

Offline for a bit, I'll get back shortly.

Ppe2: hmmm

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: June 27, 2016, 02:21:23 pm »

Well then.

I'm still stuck between deciding Moonlit and TDS. Moonlit's revelation of action names is interesting. He got mine right too. I'm having trouble with how he's describing Darkstar's though...

TBF's poke is quite bothersome too though. He's poked everyone except Moonlit, and his lack of content, while understandable to some extent with his inexplicable action, does make me think he's not town.

PPE:
Argh, messed up.

Here's TDS's ability, explained: He has an ability called Small Talk that roleblocks his target. He has an auto called Surprise Visit, which causes him to use Small Talk on everyone who visits instead of his target. This triggers if he is visited.

Right...

As today is not the last day, I think we can get away with lynching BiggerFish.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: June 27, 2016, 03:35:29 pm »

I don't like it, because I got a Town read from Fish. And I still think Scum (and/or possibly other non-Town) has to wear us down by lynches.

Moonlit, you've regained plausibility, but no certainty that you're Town, as those skills are useful in various targetted non-Town backstabbings. Ditto you, Hector. TDS seems to have a spoiler ability. Fish's poke has not been revealed by Moonlit, to explain why I might be getting an anti-Miller result.  That would be an obvious N3 check, Moonlit, unless you want to check yourself.

I have two reasonable options open to me (apart from nothing, which doesn't help at all), but only useful if nobody triggers TDS and TDS doesn't target me, by current understanding.

Right now, I'm swayed (back) to TDS being the one to remove, if anyone, today, then if the game doesn't end, for good or bad, I can make my choice of investigation, etc, and we can work from there.

If you trust my simple role for what it is. I know I'm the only one that Moonlit thinks can confirm alignment, so maybe you think that (for some reason) is a non-Town ability...  Can't see why, but saying it anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: June 27, 2016, 06:19:37 pm »

Argh, messed up.

Here's TDS's ability, explained: He has an ability called Small Talk that roleblocks his target. He has an auto called Surprise Visit, which causes him to use Small Talk on everyone who visits instead of his target. This triggers if he is visited.
Which is why my poke N2 worked, because it wasn't aimed at TDS...  This also broke my N0 poke.

@hector:Mostly because I'm hoping it'll do something if I poke the right person.  It might be secretly a vigilante if I target scum or something.  I seriously just, have no idea.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: June 27, 2016, 06:24:32 pm »

I don't like how TDS lied about his role.

Where?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: June 27, 2016, 06:28:49 pm »

@TMS:No, huh, what?
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: June 27, 2016, 06:32:21 pm »

And... where is the lie?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: June 27, 2016, 06:32:47 pm »

But...
That's not...
What?
You're reading it wrong, TMS, I'm pretty sure.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: June 27, 2016, 06:38:20 pm »

What the flying skeletal carp did you just try to say?

Are you using dictation software or something?
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: June 27, 2016, 06:39:15 pm »

I think you're reading it too broadly.  Seriously.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: June 27, 2016, 06:42:35 pm »

I'd like you to check: is the first bolded part everyone who visits, or is it everyone who visits TDS?

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 237