Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231155 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 10
« Reply #1875 on: May 14, 2016, 05:31:41 pm »

Just, y'know, "Go away!"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: May 14, 2016, 05:36:42 pm »

*"Leave me alone!"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: May 14, 2016, 06:51:38 pm »

I expected that, but tried it anyway (at the risk of some counter-skill).

Ok, I should have just pressed you to the Fish vote, yesterday. I misread a key part of my wincon, thinking I could let you choose any vote, for a crisp D3 end. I actually thought you'd chosen a good way of resolving it, but I erred badly.

(Now lynching me is a loss; lynching you, Hector, is a loss.  Lynching Fish is the only way for me to win. Lynching me is the only way for Fish to win. You're tied to me, of course,  but yesterday could have been 'better', probably. More discussion about that in the after-party, though, when things I never knew I never knew might also become obvious.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: May 14, 2016, 07:20:41 pm »

TBF, then.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: May 14, 2016, 08:32:06 pm »

Round over - Scum Wins!
 I'm actually doing this on time for once!
Votecount
hector13 (0)
TheBiggerFish (2) - hector13, Starver
Starver (0)

Not voting: TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish was the Uncle
Spoiler: Uncle (click to show/hide)

Starver gets one victory point.

Spoiler: Player Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Log (click to show/hide)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: May 14, 2016, 08:52:12 pm »

If turn 3 was a no-lynch, you would have, but you got lynched so the number of converted to non-converted was a tie. Therefore, the game had to continue.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: May 14, 2016, 09:13:02 pm »

Whoops :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: May 14, 2016, 09:48:32 pm »

But cult outnumbered town...
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: May 14, 2016, 09:48:56 pm »

That was weird.  Just overall.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: May 14, 2016, 10:01:16 pm »

Converted players. I was the only one left.

But yeah, cults and small games... not so good. Enjoyable, but a bit naff that I won and got no VP :P

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: May 15, 2016, 06:20:27 am »

Converted players. I was the only one left.
That was my error. Also not being a bastard and wanting to get the multipoint individual win. (Hence the offer. Which only ended up reducing my prize.)

I did wonder (and aloud, privately to Tomasque, but without asking for confirmation) whether a D3 lynch of myself would have given everyone except Fallacy a VP, but I was worried that would undo my own Wincon, and I'm not that selfless...  ;)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: May 15, 2016, 06:45:29 am »

BTW, I was asking Moonlit to incriminate someone, D2, quite emphatically, under the guise of those 'discussions' with Hector*. I think I was also the impression that me+Moonlit would have won against the falsely accused (in reality, would have needed to lynch the other the day after, if it weren't Hector reminded ng and the recruit had been accepted that night), whoever they were.

I didn't know how much of my role you'd seen, on recruiting, Moonlit.  It's possible that you might have seen my recruitment action, but not my sole-winning auto (else you wouldn't have wanted me to add to my 'hareem'. If you had investigated me, N2, you may have been less inclined to work with me, though.

And I was perpetually afraid of a Cult-Leader-Killing role (especially that final night).

* Partly using my 'inadvertently' claimed auto-reject switching to claiming auto-accept-but-as-a-trap, on D1, but it had been uber-subtle. So subtle, that I could switch, before I knew much of what was happening ng... But also so subtle that nobody realised it, so neither of the lies were believed, because nobody realised I'd even said anything of the kind, I think... ;)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: May 15, 2016, 07:57:20 am »

I thought you might have seen "the remaining x other players are converted. (x points)" and decided to help us both get that, the way you went all-out, and/or deliberately ignored my secret messages. Obviously you hadn't seen the auto. But I wasn't really prepared for the way you then went off and outed us both.

(And I was afeared of someone, probably Fish, having an anti-cult skill... Not just join-resistant, but something that could dismantle it. I had already asked my inner-innocent what he thought, and he told me that there were at least half a dozen 'solutions', only some of which meant Hector was scum... So I ran with that, as I would have if I were innocent.  Obviously to everyone's frustration, including my now closeted cult-self. But he only grumbled a little bit, through the closed closet door. And I really didn't want to deprive you of the VPs. I wish I'd tried to help Fish, too, by trying that other ultimate gambit.  Just for the crazy lulz.)

Talking of VPs: @Tomasque..  the final option, please.  I'll try everything once.  Except country dancing and incest. ;)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Sign-ups closed!
« Reply #1888 on: May 18, 2016, 05:04:29 pm »

Round 11 - Night 0

Exhausted from their long journey, a party of adventurers checks into a local tavern for the next few days. However, only two rooms are available - the others were infested with vermin shortly before their arrival - so the group decides to they will have to share the rooms. One among them thinks silently to himself: everything is going according to plan.

Each night, you will choose which of the two rooms to enter (#1 or #2). I will then send you a quicktopic link for that room/day. If there are at least 3 players in a room, a lynch can occur in that room. Deaths/roleflips will be revealed on the main thread.
Money!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: May 19, 2016, 02:10:57 pm »

Round 11 - Day 1
 As the evening began, the adventurers felt something was wrong. Weren't there only 4 of them when they started their journey? When had the fifth one come in? Slowly, they began to realize what had happened. They were not going to find him - he had already found them.

Day ends Saturday, 12:00 PM PST
                  Saturday, 7:00 PM GMT
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 02:06:55 pm by Tomasque »
Money!
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 237