Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231265 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 10
« Reply #1785 on: May 10, 2016, 08:50:41 pm »

Is there time left for Starver to comment?

Yeah, I agree that it's probably Starver, but my gut is still screaming 'something is wrong here'.

"The best lies have a little bit of truth in them."

But I still think, absent other claims, that Starver is the better target.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 10, 2016, 08:52:25 pm »

Plenty time. 12 hours left.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 11, 2016, 08:55:51 am »

So, cogitated.

On the face of it...
Neutral Fallacy flipped (as in discovered) and seemingly no longer part of the game.
Presumed-Investigator Moonlit flipped (as in crazy) and throwing around insane talk.
Presumedly-Special Fish will not accept overtures.
Presumedly-Special Hector will not listen to (or read) overtures.  (Fakeclaim, but maybe for good. Actually Weak, if Town?)
Self-Affirmed-Special me will ignore overtures.

There's an assumed conversion routine. Witnessed by Fallacy (initial claim), myself (second claim) and Moonlit (possibly clashing second claim).  Fallacy/Moonlit interactions N0 seemed to confirm third-party targetting ability (seemed to confirm Moonlit as refusable-Cop!). Moonlit/Hector interactions N1 reinforces Cop!Moonlit idea, but third-party interacts with two people?

It really makes no sense for Moonlit, converted by an Evil me, to not then accuse Hector, get Fish on side, scumwin happens. Alternately, clear Hector and lay the pain down on Fish for scumwin, with or without giving Hector a chance to join at night, depending on exact wincon.

Vanilla!Moonlit would not fake a third-party interaction, effectively a counter-claim to my own. Converted!Moonlit would not reveal the interaction, and expose the apparent recruiter.  Moonlit was visited, whether or not in the way that I revealed, and is forced or fooled into making that declaration.

Option 1: Moonlit remains (secretly) under the post-mortem thrall of Fallacy, whose flip did not reveal the full 'recruiting' action (or as a function of Moonlit's own autos/etc), and is now a recruiter aiming for lynching one claimed recruitmentproof person (could have been Fish.. It would have been easier to exploit my initial ambivalance and cleared Hector whilst aiming at Fish) while making Hector receptive for recruitment tonight.

If this is true, Moonlit should be targetted, to remove the remaining effect, lest he engineers the lynching of me today, A.N.Other tomorrow and is one-to-one with the final opponent of Fallacy the last day.  (Note, there's still room for Evil to play around this, in complicated ways.) 

Option 2: As an 'infective' action, it has now two recruiters. e.g. applied to Fallacy, N0, who then visited Moonlit later the same night, leaving Moonlit a carrier plus the original Patient Zero (any of us). Then, N1, Hector gets 'bit', through Infected!Cop!Moonlit's arrival, whilst I think I escaped my visit by the Prime Infector (but maybe I won't know until I wake up tomorrow, if such was same with Moonlit). I'm not sure Tomasque expected such a quick N0 spread.

If this is true, the source can actually only be Hector, or else there'd be three 'infected' people as of now (Prime Infector, Moonlit, Hector) leaving me/Fish, whoever isn't the PI, already having lost the game. What happens if we lynch Patient Zero? (Well, we know what happens with vampires, but no sign what the tbeme is here...)

Option 3: Fish gains power, per round, and multi-targetted, last night? And with Hector (fake)-claiming invulnerability, avoided him and then finds I'm the truly night-invulnerable one so goes after me. But it's unlikely with just one conversion-proof player (me, not Hector, Fish just Cop-proof), that there'd be an exponential recruitment gain.  No, that's quite unlikely, without something I'm missing.

Option 4: I could not receive the one Beneficial Enlightenment from the Townie provider of same. It wasn't Moonlit (or he wouldn't have attacked me...unless he presumed I was evil for refusing, as per Fallacy might have), and it wasn't Hector (with the same tentative caveat), so Fish is the good guy, as the true bad-guy is doubtless aware...  But no nearer to working out who is the bad guy from the remaining.

I don't OMGUS (my vote for Hector was from Hector showing actual guilt in his blitz attack at day-start, when I had started off yet unsure), but Moonlit would be prime target (for the crazy attack that practically exonerates me). Right now, I'm sticking with Hector, because of both attacks, which tend to point more to a Patient Zero situation, for which one good lynch would save town (rather than just delay things, to unknown result).

But this won't change any minds, I'm sure. May even be too late.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: May 11, 2016, 09:01:20 am »

(Or, as I can t save myself, NoLynch in friendship, unless someone else has a better idea before day end.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 11, 2016, 09:02:32 am »

Again, if all of that (that doesn't apply to me, because it's wrong) is true, TBF is the scum.

You have half an hour to convince me I should be voting for him instead of you, and I guess I have the same amount of time to convince you to vote for him instead of me.

PPE: never mind, since that basically confirms I should be voting for you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: May 11, 2016, 09:14:03 am »

That's a quick turnabout...  Explain how Fish is the prime target? I can't convince you it is you, obviously, but Fish isn't even my secondary target, so why is he yours?

And it's MYLO, still, probably.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: May 11, 2016, 09:19:31 am »

Not a quick turnabout. I've had the view that you're scumspect 1 and TBF is scumspect 2 since the start of D2.

You say we're in MYLO, but we're actually more likely in LYLO. If one of us has been converted, then the town has lost if they don't lynch the CL, so you not wanting to lynch someone tells me you're not town, especially since it happens a half hour before the day ends.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: May 11, 2016, 09:34:17 am »

If I die, and half of what I say is true, it's game over. That's MYLO.

(and you still have this problem with my not-voting being important, it seems, when it gives identical results to any actual vote I can make, but adds nothing to future knowledge)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: May 11, 2016, 09:35:39 am »

Day's over, no talking :P

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: May 11, 2016, 09:37:34 am »

Ebwop: That's part of the MYLO. It's probable that all other deaths, not correct, would also obey that.

PPE Is it.?  I thiught it was ½hour,from what you said...  Not been keeping track, though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 11, 2016, 09:39:37 am »

yehp, I said that half an hour ago :P

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 11, 2016, 09:48:27 am »

Time flies when you're having fun...

Fruit flies when you're investigating genetic mutations...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 11, 2016, 09:55:32 am »

Well Town's screwed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 11, 2016, 09:56:38 am »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 237