Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231280 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 10
« Reply #1770 on: May 10, 2016, 03:44:54 pm »

You posted one thing on D2, and it was questions that weren't particularly probing. Perhaps you should get to it? Else I might think you're only active now because I voted for you.
Nobody responded with anything I had a follow-up on, and then I, as foreign as the concept sounds, went to sleep and sat through eight hours of school.

For that matter, there were, like, eight posts since I left?  I need to go count.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: May 10, 2016, 03:47:20 pm »

Nine, not counting Fallacy.

Nine posts, one of which is you responding with 'Wait for Moonlit', one of which is Starver saying the same, and...No TMS.

Where the carp is he?  He's crucial to everyone's argument.

Well, I don't exactly have one of my own, but still.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: May 10, 2016, 03:52:32 pm »

Aye, it's been 24 hours since your last post. I understand that you have existence outside mafia, but that's half the time we have. You FoS'd both Starver and I, despite the fact there is more than enough information for you to come to a conclusion over whether or not one of us is scum, especially since you seem to be quite partial to meta-analysis.  You seem to want to avoid drawing any great attention to yourself this game. It's quite bothersome, and since Moonlit hasn't been online since yesterday morning (as in... actual yesterday morning) we need both townies to be voting today to actually get the scum. You've been quite useless in uncovering them.

Anyway, since we're done in about 17 hours, I think Moonlit is the investigative role. He visited me last night, and I told him about my role. I thought TBF was truthing about his role yesterday, but I am far from certain in regards to that, leaving Starver as my main suspect, and TBF my second.

Starver immediately OMGUS'd me when I voted him, so I'm still in the boat that he's scum, but TBF is pushing mah butins too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: May 10, 2016, 03:54:54 pm »

Fuggit, Starver.

There's more holes in his argument.
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: May 10, 2016, 04:46:18 pm »

(It got busy again, while I was myself absent.)

I can only work with what I'm given.  What I'm given is that Moonlit is likely the key. The missing key, it turns out.

I can't even say "kill me, and you'll find out and win", because two remaining town and one scum could turn into two scum and one town by tomorrow, if the mechanism is the way I expect it to be*, and whoever the scum is targets wisely. (Leaving that open, as besides my state and Fallacy's now-expired conscious capability to repel (we are told!), I don't actually know that everyone else is true, beyond the scum's obvious deception.)

MYLO, I think, so don't expect me to lie down as readily today as I would have yesterday, all self-sacrificial. That'd doom the cause I'm supposed to be fighting for. And thus I also want to get my move right. Or at least not wrong.

* Current assumption is that it's a recruitment for evil, because it's the only (non-Neutral**) thing that is happeningnthat is not expected to be a Town thing. Other possibilities is that it is a recruitment for good (and that I may have been equally/instead immune to the Masonic Building role, to my detriment) and thus actual enlightenment that I brushed off. If Cop!Moonlit hadn't (per claim) targetted another, it could have been me, after either failure or weird power-interactions happened with Blackmailer! Fallacy. Thus I think Town should be worried about it. But I'm saying this without proof, of course.

** And the Neutral thing is probably as dead as its original host, but with Tomasque...  wouldn't care to completely rule out a twist on this, too.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: May 10, 2016, 07:42:10 pm »

I'd rather not waste the lynch, Moonlit. You're not sure who is scum. What abilities do you have as the investigative role?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: May 10, 2016, 08:01:56 pm »

Well I'd rather perform a lynch today, anyway :P no point wasting a chance. What did Starver do to you last night?

What is your backup plan?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: May 10, 2016, 08:07:55 pm »

I have a counter-offer (that I shouldn't make given how I play, but bugger it :P)

You help us lynch Starver, and you'll be returned to normal and we can all win together!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: May 10, 2016, 08:27:14 pm »

@TMS:Well that first post of yours was utter BS to begin with and I would have had such a fun time picking it apart, but ah well.

Starver.
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: May 10, 2016, 08:31:37 pm »

Interesting tactics, there. I'm not even sure what just happened...

I'm about to go to bed, so I'll have to mull on this offline, and work out what strange role might be messing with all our assumptions.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: May 10, 2016, 08:37:19 pm »

You know, I'm just very suspicious of Moonlit's role in all of this.

Like, seriously, he picks NOW to show up, after hector and Starver have pitched their tents firmly in opposition to eachother, to become a lynchpin of serious opposition to Starver.  Feels kind of like Starver got thrown under the bus to me.

I feel like this is a setup.  Of course if it isn't and we don't hit the Cult Leader, I'm screwed because even though I'd want to be in that case, I can't be converted properly.  I think.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: May 10, 2016, 08:38:53 pm »

It all boils down to the archetypes, I guess...

Which does support that Starver would have been the Cult Leader, but there's this niggling suspicion that he isn't and I can't shake it.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: May 10, 2016, 08:40:18 pm »

And Moonlit is apparently claiming that HE can convert people, which strikes me as either empty threats, or a smokescreen.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: May 10, 2016, 08:41:05 pm »

But, Starver still.  Logic dictates as such.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: May 10, 2016, 08:42:18 pm »

It does feel a bit setup-esque, especially with Starver not actually saying anything about it...

Seems you and I need to consider whether or not it's better to go for Moonlit or Starver. Moonlit did visit me and I did tell him my role, so it does seem more likely to me that Starver is the one to go for.

PPE: usually when there are multiple replies before I post something, people aren't talking to themselves :P

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 237