Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230088 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 2
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2016, 08:19:38 pm »

And I know I'm the Neutral.  Therefore, he probably isn't, but we should investigate that because Tomasque already hinted he might be messing about.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2016, 08:23:04 pm »

Annoying that now you're considering that regarding roles.

Did you have a vote yesterday, TBF? If so, why not use it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2016, 09:03:37 pm »

I did.

Because dying would have nullified it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2016, 11:13:53 pm »

Welp. Posting this may have the effect of killing me. After I make a number of posts somewhere in the range of 1 to 3, I'll die of strangulation. I feel your pain, TBF, if you weren't lying(and it seems more likely to me that you're telling the truth now).
I am the Bad Pianist, Neutral Role. I wish to survive till the end of the round in order to win. To aid me in this, I have an auto, Bad Music, that negates one vote on me at the end of the day if I would be lynched.
I'm going to side with town- good luck.

Ok, I shall make a rather significant claim/counter-claim.

I am the one with the strangulation set upon them today (something only TBF and1 the real strangler should even know about - but I was hoping that I'd reveal the 1-3 thing before you did, Fish).
I am also called the Pianist (no 'Good' prefix, but also no 'Bad' one...), and you'll have noted I already hinted at this on a number of previous occasions.
The visit from the strangler is the reason that "...the music falters for a brief moment", which is my special 'skill', and from the lack of this I know the investigator didn't visit me Night 1 (though they may well have done this turn, I don't get more information than that particular day-start flavourtext).

I will gladly post one or two more times to die to prove this, unless someone else (including ToU) has a better idea.  Discuss amongst yourselves, though.

I'll keep one particular big deduction in reserve, because it's a bit chancy, but will mention it in my second (maybe last) post to this thread if it doesn't look to have been shaken but nobody else has worked it out for themselves.  But in doing so I know I'll prove my status, and my role no longer has a use so a town-win after that won't rely on my living.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2016, 12:08:32 am »

So Starver... is that also a Neutral claim?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2016, 12:10:54 am »

Hector?

You have any information?
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 06, 2016, 12:13:50 am »

Also @Hector: It doesn't READ like a Neutral claim, and, uh, you should probably know who the neutral is if you think for a second.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 06, 2016, 12:15:50 am »

So, yeah, FoU because that claim makes no sense.  There isn't even a HINT in the flavor about the quality of the pianist, and there really shouldn't be two neutrals.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2016, 12:24:31 am »

I have much information.

But if you're all going to claim the neutral role... that's just silly, so I'd rather clear things up in that respect first, because it's quite funny really.

'specially since FoU and Starver's CCs didn't come until D2.

PPE: It reads like a neutral claim to me. I know who the has the Neutral role without having to think about it. I also know who has the Evil role.

I know the investigator visited Starver N1, I also tried to drop hints about that that did not appear to get picked up on... unfortunate.

I know the investigator visited TBF N2. And it was quite an enlightening one, too.

The utter bastard about all this thing though, is that unless FoU or Starver vote for you, unlikely given they both claim to be strangulated, we're buggered for today.

Tomasque: can we shorten the day?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2016, 12:27:11 am »

I know I visited the investigator N2 as well.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2016, 12:28:58 am »

((More of an aside for Tomasque: I think it would be a good idea to put links to the first post in each game in the OP, partly for any of us who wants to know when a day ends without having to ask, and also for posterity later on when we've got millions and millions most of the games out of the way, so we can relive our horrible failures successes again))
((Also, reiterating this.))
Sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2016, 12:35:57 am »

((More of an aside for Tomasque: I think it would be a good idea to put links to the first post in each game in the OP, partly for any of us who wants to know when a day ends without having to ask, and also for posterity later on when we've got millions and millions most of the games out of the way, so we can relive our horrible failures successes again))
((Also, reiterating this.))
I'll do that now.

Tomasque: can we shorten the day?
Not as of now. I will consider it for later if I see it would enhance the quality of the game and/or make you guys happy.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 06, 2016, 12:50:15 am »

I'm just going to go and ask it:Hector, what did you get on Starver?  And what did you get on me?
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2016, 08:32:07 am »

Us two people who say they will die from talking have obviously not been talking much, and everything else has ground to a half, so I guess I've got to have to take the risk and try to encourage things on.  It's possible I could die, now, and from my own time-constraints IRL don't guarantee I can jump back in and snipe a final adjustment to this message at the end anyway, but I promised I'd try.  Before even more confusing information came through.

First, some apologies: I had missed that I had been visited on Night 0.  I had misread it as "As it nears morning, [the city] pauses - as if to contemplate the coming sunrise" when it was clearly "As it nears morning, [the music] pauses - as if to contemplate the coming sunrise", as should have been obvious from the rest of the sentence.  Mea Culpa.  I will accept that this was probably (if not certainly) the Investigator (and probably nobody else), and it might have helped had I realised it earlier.

As I said before, that is "my special 'skill'".  With the actual emphasis of that being on "Special".  I'm the Pianist you hear and visitations interrupt my night-time music.  The Night 1 interruption being the Strangler (again alone, probably), leaving me in this precarious position.

I'm ultimately forced to accept that Hector is the Investigator, although the one and only clue I think you left for us could have been cleaner, I think.

But I'm torn between the which of the other two (both claiming Neutral) is not what they have said they are.

The question I keep returning to is: how did we end up with a draw, end of Day 1?  Two votes for me from Fallacy alone, counteracting the two votes put upon him by Hector and myself.

Option 1: A hidden and therefore undeclared vote from Fish, who possibly has a Mafia-side skill to implement this (but see Option 4).  I have a number of possible doubts about Fish.  (There's nothing in the Strangulation text to say a vote will be nullified by death, for example.  That could be an assumption.)

Option 2: A double-vote skill by Fallacy.  That could be what Bad Music really is, rather than "negates one vote on me".  That would presuppose Fallacy as the Strangler (thus the falseclaim of being under threat of Day 2 strangulation, which I would wish to counter).

Option 3: The wording from Fallacy is "that negates one vote on me at the end of the day if I would be lynched".  Given it ought to be 2:1 against, could this have been "reflects one vote against me..." if in such danger?  I know I've misunderstood my own skill's wording (see apology above), and it's a possible paraphrasing that covers at least one misunderstanding.  But it doesn't even help determine the alignment of the user of that skill.  It's a basic protective for either.  It may have turned out to be more useful than my Special skill, though, and it's definitely not Weak Town (which isn't being claimed), either way.

Option 4: Some effect/side-effect of the optional reward from having given up a Victory Point from the first game (either/both of the two I suspect could have done that, complicating things), in addition to whatever abilities everybody has.  This might even explain how a faking Fish can have Strangled two people today (ability to save up/delay an action, or double it as a one-shot).  If it's not also somehow cumulative like the Drenching (I half expect piano-wire to appear in the flavour, with two possible pianists, already - if not three!).

On the whole I am actually more inclined to finger FoU than TBF, at this point in time (I don't like the idea of the double-Strangle, and consider the sheer audacity of Fish having held back on Day 1 in creating the diversion...), but Hector seems to think it's the other way round and isn't saying anything else.  And I can't understand how TBF can claim to have visited the investigator N2.  So, TBF to add to Hector's own vote, and I'm going to have to hope I've both done enough to ensure a win and done it in the correct fashion.

(Watch me/us being entirely wrong about Hector, instead.  But nobody else appears to be claiming Investigator, just somehow a 'visitor' so I had to reject that as a possible error, first.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2016, 10:56:37 am »

I know I visited the Investigator because I stole his role.  Hector.

I'm, or I was, a Thief.  Neutral, no way to win, but a one-shot that lets me steal someone's wincon and abilities.  It reverts at my death.

I don't know if Hector got my abilities, but I know he got my wincon.  Sorry.

Does that explain how I know I visited the Investigator?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 237