Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 14 (Mar 25)  (Read 23015 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 12 (Mar 10)
« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2016, 01:57:11 am »

The state of my dice queue is total shit.

Split my 7.

Dream?

The knight replies into the phone. "This is the tomb of my spirit, endowed in the colors death and king."

I must release myself from this form. It's inhibiting my soul from observing the spirit.

Take my sword at stab myself through the lower side.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2016, 05:50:17 pm »

Ahahahaha. Yesssssss.

Violaceous Turaco steals the director's clothes, ID tag, wallet, space yacht keys, knife, and whatever else he had on him that isn't his underwear or his virtue, wraps the clothes into a bundle, and continues on towards the yacht keeping an eye out for a utility closet or other small, secluded space to change into his new threads.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2016, 06:58:12 pm »

Ahahahaha. Yesssssss.

Violaceous Turaco steals the director's clothes, ID tag, wallet, space yacht keys, knife, and whatever else he had on him that isn't his underwear or his virtue, wraps the clothes into a bundle, and continues on towards the yacht keeping an eye out for a utility closet or other small, secluded space to change into his new threads.

(If you find a place to do it, you want to do it immediately, right?)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2016, 07:21:05 pm »

Yes, with an effort to pull it off as a (nominally) legitimate disguise. If the director's clothes are as flamboyant and fancy and baroque as I would expect from the director of a distant future space prison, maybe wear the cape as a cummerbund or an ascot or something and hang the hat on my back.

I'm banking on the clothes being over the top enough that a scarlet cummerbund and hat and two enormous pistols don't look too out of place.

Also, if I find a place and it's somewhat nearby, I want to drag his unconscious body into the closet and look for something to tie him up with. Like a rubber hose or some trash bags.

In retrospect, disguise is a little bit too strong of a word. I'm trying to look as good as possible in a totally-not-a-prisoner type of way.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:37:00 pm by inaluct »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2016, 06:20:31 pm »

Investigate the model tanks and game board, and check to see if my artifact is among them.

"Oh, nice models you have here. Didn't think anyone would have such a hobby abroad a prison ship."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2016, 03:53:28 pm »

Turn 13

Throw the guy that I picked up at riot shield guy, then shoot 'em all.

[Strength: 1 -> d6:5 (saved)] Yeah, no. He's too heavy, and you come close to worsening your wounds just by trying.

The troops use this opportunity to come up over your cover and take some shots at you up close. (11) It's pretty difficult to avoid getting hit. [Defense: 19] But oh-ho! Your nervous system isn't quite as vulnerable as a human's! You could pretend to get tased or just ignore it even. It tickles.

Dice queue (You have 1x 20's, 3 free picks): [-] [-] [-] [-] [-] [-]
Miniquests:
all completed
Spoiler: Arthur, AKA ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Split my 7.

Dream?

The knight replies into the phone. "This is the tomb of my spirit, endowed in the colors death and king."

I must release myself from this form. It's inhibiting my soul from observing the spirit.

Take my sword at stab myself through the lower side.

[-5] You take your sword and stab the lower wall to the right side.

It comes out the left side of the hallway and stabs you in the other side.

It does not, however, seem to cause any structural damage. Rather, it's ignoring metal as if metal is intangible.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 3 4 [?] 20
Miniquests:
The Butchererer: Commit violent acts of justice two more times (Reward: You unlock the ability to use both hands in unarmed combat (you can attack twice))

Investigate the model tanks and game board, and check to see if my artifact is among them.

"Oh, nice models you have here. Didn't think anyone would have such a hobby abroad a prison ship."

You hear a high-pitched rattling noise and smell smoke. One of the tanks begins to roll your way--followed by the others in a close column.
You notice little scratches on the table from your tank's treads, although the plastic models don't scratch the table.

Scientist: Yeah, about that, it took us four months to get the models shipped from planetside. That artifact then proceeded to make them work like the real thing. I don't believe it.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 12 10 20 14 18

(Split 19 and 15. combine 1 and 2.)
Rushing onward to the testing room, he would shout to the scientists nearby.
"My suit has been breached! I need a fresh one, and access to the cleanroom in testing as soon as possible!"

Scientist: Crap, it's that guy!
[9] The scientist runs over to the testing room door and throws it open, allowing you to get inside. He also shouts at another scientist (Dr. Hans) who is currently inside to get out.

You switch places with her, noting that she left the current experiment running in the cleanroom with you. There is a stack of petri dishes inside a glass containment unit along with your Orb, with a small airlock about the size of your hand used to transfer materials in and out. There are a series of pumps used to clear the airlock, and there's a control panel with metal knobs controlling the whole testing apparatus.
The bacteria in the petri dishes already seem to be stirring, perhaps due to your presence. You feel the orb speaking to you. It's a sort of heart-language that all artifact users share, and while it doesn't directly translate perfectly the Orb's feelings can be best described as those of a child seeing his dad again. Of course, it's more of a "Look what I found out!" rather than a "Welcome back!"

The dishes start growing prehensile hairs about a foot long, which move around and start feeling their surroundings. Some of them reach at the orb, as if they can feel its presence.

Dice queue (1 free picks): 10 6 3 7 8 20 [?] [?]

[Stealth: 7] You notice that there's a worker quietly doing some maintenence work on the elevator, but there's a utility closer a ways back. He doesn't see you, but he's blocking your path, and there's only one elevator and ladder, and they're both set in the same room.

With that, you get dressed, ripping off the prisoner's tag connected to your arm by a little metallic bracelet. You won't need that anymore.

Yes, with an effort to pull it off as a (nominally) legitimate disguise. If the director's clothes are as flamboyant and fancy and baroque as I would expect from the director of a distant future space prison, maybe wear the cape as a cummerbund or an ascot or something and hang the hat on my back.

I'm banking on the clothes being over the top enough that a scarlet cummerbund and hat and two enormous pistols don't look too out of place.

Also, if I find a place and it's somewhat nearby, I want to drag his unconscious body into the closet and look for something to tie him up with. Like a rubber hose or some trash bags.

In retrospect, disguise is a little bit too strong of a word. I'm trying to look as good as possible in a totally-not-a-prisoner type of way.

You wrap an extension cord around the director's arms and torso. It won't break, but it should work long enough to keep him from reporting you until you've gotten off the ship.
The clothes are more than fabulous. Certainly nobody will recognize you if they knew the director, but if this is their first time seeing him [15] you have a very good hunch they'll pass it off withotu thinking too hard.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 11 4 2 [?]
Miniquests:
Trick Shot: Use your gun for a non-melee attack without shooting someone directly (Reward: +1 to all pistol-related actions, regardless of context)

"I don't... Uh.

How about one of those lives on the ship?  I feel like something's probably happening up there that might get you what you're asking."

[Persuader: 13+5] Yes, I believe that would be correct. But it is not right for me to collect my own sacrifice.

A branch extends from the bush. One edge begins to flatten, forming a sharp edge in the rough shape of a machete.

Go forth. Bring it to me.

The bush itself grows rapidly, forming a crystalline ladder. It continues reaching up toward the ship, although the two beams of the ladder weave together toward the top. The trailing end at the top appears to sway alarmingly.

Dice queue (3 free picks): [?]r 10r [10] [2] [?] [?]

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizards 4: Now with more rocketpunk. Turn 13 (Mar 14)
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2016, 04:32:54 pm »

"Er, okay then, uh, thank you.  I guess I take this?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2016, 10:06:13 pm »

Violaceous Turaco struts confidently towards his new yacht, twirling the yacht keys and enormous flashy keychain around in his hand, keeping an eye out for intercom microphones the closer he gets to the space dock. Alternatively, an intercom on the yacht itself would be even better. Director Turaco has a special message for the prisoners and staff of prison ship Acheron.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 19, 2016, 02:51:17 pm »

(Finals over. Time for a bump)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 19, 2016, 11:38:45 pm »

Finally a 20. Sorry for the slow posting. School stuff and applications :L

Split my 4.

Sheath sword. March around the yacht observing the surroundings while deep in thought.

A dream?
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 23, 2016, 07:20:17 pm »

Respectful bump. I'm enjoying this.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2016, 08:00:58 pm »

((Most of my friends' finals are done as well. I'll send out PM's to the remaining three players))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2016, 08:03:50 pm »

((Grats on finishing your finals!))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 23, 2016, 08:19:59 pm »

((Yeah, being done with finals always feels great.))
After collecting the model, begin making my way towards the hanger bay, whilst trying to stay undetected.

"Thanks for your help, sir. Now then, I should probably start heading to the hanger. Thanks again for your help!"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 25, 2016, 03:21:30 pm »

Well I suppose we'll be skipping two then. Thats one strike for each of them. Three missed rolls = replaced with someone on the waitlist.

Turn 14

No Action.

Dice queue (You have 1x 20's, 3 free picks): [-] [-] [-] [-] [-] [-]
Miniquests:
all completed
Spoiler: Arthur, AKA ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Finally a 20. Sorry for the slow posting. School stuff and applications :L

Split my 4.

Sheath sword. March around the yacht observing the surroundings while deep in thought.

A dream?

You find an inconvenient and high pitched voice inside your head.
Mind Voice: Yes, a dream.

Every time you pass a speaker or an old-fashioned music player, the same voice projects itself again forthwith. It seems to have a different attitude though.
Projector Voice: You are a monster, capable of stealing dreams. Now I am forever separated from this realm which I have called home.
Mind Voice: You stole my dreams. Now we share the same dream.
Projector Voice: I don't know what you are, but I am determined to get my... uhm... my power back. I control this ship--you're not getting out of here without me.
Mind Voice: By sharing one's dream, you share his identity. We are forever bound together.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 3 2 2 [?] 20 [?]
Miniquests:
The Butchererer: Commit violent acts of justice two more times (Reward: You unlock the ability to use both hands in unarmed combat (you can attack twice))

After collecting the model, begin making my way towards the hanger bay, whilst trying to stay undetected.

"Thanks for your help, sir. Now then, I should probably start heading to the hanger. Thanks again for your help!"

[12] You walk down the hall without issue. You hear a rustling in the closet, however. Suddenly, before you can investigate, a fabulously dressed man twirling keys and making wide steps bursts out from the closet and begins walking toward the elevator--and the maintenence worker present there who would see you trying to escape.
You realize that the well-dressed man is in-fact Turaco. That closet must contain... never mind, it would be better to keep your fingerprints off of it.

[10] Speechless, you merely fall into line. The director leading a prisoner to another section of the ship? Seems like it would be plausible.
Together you draw a glance or two, but otherwise make it to the elevator without causing any concern.

(See inaluct's post)

Dice queue (3 free picks): 10 20 14 18 [?]

No Action

Dice queue (2 free picks): 10 6 3 7 8 20 [?] [?]

[11] YOu notice Eisenhower following behind you. He might actually have lent you some credence there, being a prisoner being led by the director himself.
Anyhow, you follow the convenient arrows in the halls and make it to the yacht without issue. It's moored by the nose to the side of the ship, which is spinning, so there is a slight gravity pulling you to the floor, conveniently.

You come across what looks like an ancient telephone. It has a huge brass bell and a smaller handpiece with a miniature-sized bell. It has a dial on the front and a lever used to call someone.

Dice queue (3 free picks): 4 2 [?] [?]
Miniquests:
Trick Shot: Use your gun for a non-melee attack without shooting someone directly (Reward: +1 to all pistol-related actions, regardless of context)

[10] It may be just a little bit difficult to catch onto the rotating hab section of the ship, so you can only make it to the low-gravity section of the ship. The vessel actually pulls you onto it, surprisingly, even though you're not wearing any metal that might be used for a magnetic floor.

To get inside you'll need to find an airlock. There is an open airlock on the yacht that you see dangling open. It probably needs to be fixed before the ship goes back into normal space.

Dice queue (3 free picks): [?]r 10r  [2] [?] [?] [?]

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16