Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46794 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 4 (6/9)
« Reply #375 on: April 15, 2016, 05:25:32 pm »

NQT, are you really not going to bother posting? Your last post was to accuse me and then you vanished. Are you hoping you'd slide by until tomorrow?

I think you just tied the vote :o why are you tying the vote?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2016, 05:26:17 pm »

vote count request since I'm not quite sure how much time is left in the day.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 15, 2016, 05:44:05 pm »

Did you even read what I said? I never said he wasn't a cult leader, I said that if he was then that means that NQT is a cult leader with a cultist, and if he isn't then NQT is a cult leader with a cultist which is much more dangerous in this situation then a regular cult leader.

Eh?

Those two situations are identical. Like... I assume typo? But... identical. One can't be more dangerous than the other because identical.

If DA is a cult leader, why wouldn't he have a cultist, same as what you suggest of NQT?
We could have lynched their cultist the day before and since they most likely didn't start out as a cult leader they would have only converted twice, one was apparently a fail, and one was probably BHK.  NQT has a cultist and is more dangerous because of this, if they both have a cultist then the town has already lost so screw NQT.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 15, 2016, 05:46:21 pm »

Did you even read what I said? I never said he wasn't a cult leader, I said that if he was then that means that NQT is a cult leader with a cultist, and if he isn't then NQT is a cult leader with a cultist which is much more dangerous in this situation then a regular cult leader.

Eh?

Those two situations are identical. Like... I assume typo? But... identical. One can't be more dangerous than the other because identical.

If DA is a cult leader, why wouldn't he have a cultist, same as what you suggest of NQT?
We could have lynched their cultist the day before and since they most likely didn't start out as a cult leader they would have only converted twice, one was apparently a fail, and one was probably BHK.  NQT has a cultist and is more dangerous because of this, if they both have a cultist then the town has already lost so screw NQT.

Right... and given you haven't provided any evidence of this having happened, we could easily say the same thing about DA.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 15, 2016, 05:57:08 pm »

Eh?

Right... and given you haven't provided any evidence of this having happened, we could easily say the same thing about DA.
Yes but it is 100% confirmed that NQT has a cultist, we don't know if Deus has a cultist or not which makes NQT a better choice for the lynch as we are getting rid of a confirmed thret to the town that will make us lose if they survive.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 15, 2016, 06:08:58 pm »

hector13:
I did, but it wasn't intentional. I still stand by my assumption that NQT is the safer kill tonight, since he has no lose ends to tie. I was going to wait until he responded before making that call, but it's getting kind of late and I can't guarantee that I won't pass out before the day ends. The tie definitely is problematic, I should have checked. BUT.

I haven't mentioned this yet, but there is another thing. When I checked fillipk on N3, he was telling the truth about his win condition, but there was more—he has a nervous tic when he mentioned that his oil business was only a part of his flavour. I kept that to myself at the time because I figured he might have had a role ability he was keeping under wraps (and I didn't care to rolefish)...but there was also the sizeable chance that he was the arsonist Deus was looking for. And I didn't trust Deus enough to want to tip him off. I found it strange at the time that BlackHeartKabal cleared fillipk before I did, without mentioning that fact but now that we know his power was borked, this wasn't so surprising.

It's probably a bit late now for Deus to do anything with this information, but now you guys know why I don't think he was lying about there being an arsonist. The tastiest bit is that it looks like fillipk is a Deus convert, too. The fire chief's cult is a sunk ship. Even if fillipk is not in that cult, I don't think Deus can convert and kill his arsonist in the same night.

So yes, I do believe NQT is the one we kill tonight. 

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 15, 2016, 06:25:46 pm »

Day 4 Votecount
Fillipk (0)
Deus Asmoth (3): NotQuiteThere, TheDarkStar, Hector13
TheDarkStar (0)
Hector13 (0)
Reverie (0)
NotQuiteThere (3): Deus Asmoth, Fillipk, Revarie

Not Voting:

Election Nominations:
Revarie (1/4)

Not Voting: Fillipk, Deus Asmoth, TheDarkStar, Reverie, NotQuiteThere.

4 votes needed for majority

Day 4 will end on Friday at 9:00PM about 4 hours from now.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:03:36 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 15, 2016, 06:58:52 pm »

So yes, I do believe NQT is the one we kill tonight.

But we can't do that if we tie the vote.

Since I want to lynch either NQT or DA this day, convince me why my vote will be better served condemning NQT over DA.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 15, 2016, 07:07:38 pm »

But we can't do that if we tie the vote.

Since I want to lynch either NQT or DA this day, convince me why my vote will be better served condemning NQT over DA.
Again, DA's hands are tied if fillipk is indeed our arsonist, which puts him appreciably behind NQT who has no such issue (that we know of). Just looking at this objectively, without knowing the size of either cult, this is the safe play. With NQT dead, Deus is left either trying to convert a townie or doing away with fillipk, and in both cases we can lynch Deus and that leaves the rest of us without a cult problem.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 15, 2016, 07:12:18 pm »

EBWOP: Actually, what exactly is the means Deus would have to deal with his arsonist? A one-off kill would be too flexible, he'd just kill NQT directly or something.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 15, 2016, 07:16:28 pm »

The issue with that is DA could be using the arsonist as a cover for his cult, meaning it doesn't rightly matter what we do if there are two cults (which, considering on a purely game-balance front, would be ridiculously unfair for town. Two conversions per night? Nah...) as the town will have lost.

I don't think that's the case though. While they share many similarities, this is politics, not religion. We may have two cult-like entities here, but I don't think they can convert. It has been 3 nights after all...

PPE: confiscate their gear? I don't think there's an arso, anyway.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 15, 2016, 07:28:37 pm »

I was operating under the assumption that the conversion thing wasn't guaranteed. It's chance. We do know that ATH was a potential candidate, so it may have been three cults if we got really unlucky. To be honest, this voting nonsense makes no sense if there aren't politicians trying to win over the public.

And that brings me to the revelation that maybe anarcho-townies are the real villains here. I mean, we are discussing killing off the police chief and the fire chief, in the bloody wake of the chief physician. That would be the single greatest twist in this bastard game, I think.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 15, 2016, 07:48:31 pm »

Also, even though it has been three nights, I'd hazard to guess that some of that time was spent activating their political platform. If ATH blabbing about his possible candidacy was any indication, there must have been some compelling reason not to activate, too. Stalling that activation may not have been out of the question.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 15, 2016, 08:16:15 pm »

NQT, if I had known you would have disappeared for 48 hours without warning, I wouldn't have waited for you to respond before posting >__>
Now I'm in the uncomfortable position of leading a tie because of that, and I don't want to reward you for your slimeball lurk tactic by pulling out of it. Bluugh.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 15, 2016, 08:21:10 pm »

NQT has been prodded.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36