Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46827 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 3 (7/9)
« Reply #330 on: April 11, 2016, 06:30:43 pm »

It has been 2 days and 2 nights, and we've offed the mayor. The town is partway to it's wincon and there are still 6 suspects outside of DAs claim.

Why would an arsonist not take any action in those circumstances? Tomorrow there will be 5 people outside of DA, assuming the no NK trend continues.

If we assume it's a regular arsonist, in that they have to prime their target and then ignite it on another night, it's not a sensible course of action. The suspect list is narrowing without the arsonist even doing anything, and I imagine the first time someone gets primed they'll be shouting it as soon as the next day starts.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 11, 2016, 07:25:07 pm »

But most of all, Fillipk, TheDarkStar, Hector13, Reverie, BlackHeartKabal, are you all buying the DA genuinely believes that TDS is an arsonist still? This is TDS's rejoinder:
Let me clarify my role: I can see if anyone visits my target or if they visit anyone, but I can't identify their visitors or target. fillipk claimed a role with the same powers. When I watched Reverie, I did not see her leave but I did see someone (who turned out to be fillipk) visit. Afterwards, he claimed that he also saw someone visit, which makes sense because I visited Reverie.
To be honest I find DA's claim hard to believe but not impossible.

[thinking out loud] Anyhow, we've had two pairs of people (who also all claimed my wincon...) claim the same role; Rev and BHK with truth-teller (or in BHK's case, a broken variety) and TDS and fillipk with tracker/watcher nonsense, which with the watcher only identifies that someone visited, not who it was. Could we then assume that one of TDS' and fillipk's roles is defective in some way? That requires the assumption that BHK is being honest about their role. [/tol]
Its my role, I am the Oil Dowser I hate the mayor for his taxes and at night I can sense the vibrations in the earth to determine if the house's door was opened.  OSG, being a bastard mod, lead me to draw the wrong conclusion about each house I watched, by telling me what I thought happened, when in reality the only conclusion I can draw is how many people left/entered the targets house.  Based on this knowledge I cannot confirm whether or not TDS watched the house, only that someone visited Reverie's house or Reverie left her house.  Sorry for not noticing my mistake sooner I was embarrassed by my failed accusation and didn't think straight, and then ignored this thread over the weekend, came back to it and realized I had provided misinformation.

You criminal bastards

NQT - Police Chief - Police brutality, embezzlement, extortion, accepting bribes, blackmail etc.

DA - Fire Chief - Arson, misapprorpiation of public funds

Reverie - IT Guy - Credit card fraud/identity theft, hacking

fillipk - Oil Magnate* - Embezzlement, tax evasion, bribery, environmental things

BHK - Antiques Salesman - Handling stolen goods, insider trading

*hasn't claimed that, but mentions he's part of an oil empire as an aspect of his flavour.
Plot twist we are all the criminals NQT and Deus are after and we should all submit ourselves to them /sarcasm

Here's what the problem is: People can vote themselves into office. Someone is basically guaranteed to do it today and...

wait a minute

I just realized something.

How do we know how the game works? Why did fillipk and Deus Asmoth talk about specific, similar ways that a cult team would work?

Example 1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Example 2:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Simply because there have been no night kills which implies no mafia trying to outnumber us, a serial killer would make sense as the mayor, not a candidate running for election since they are kind of self centered.  The no-night kill plus all the talk about votes made me think of a political cult basically.

Despite him voting me, I'm going to defend Deus, considering we offed our Doctor D1 and killing the Fire Chief with a suspected Arsonist in game is tantamount to suicide.
Has anyone been doused or marked BHK honestly it seems that an arso that doesn't leave a trace of who they are going to kill would be a little overpowered since we could have no idea what we are dealing with until it is too late.

Quote from: By Hector13
You voted me after I postulated you weren't what you say you were. I raised suspicions, you voted me. The suspicions may have been shite, and then you offered up "why the fuck would I do that? That would be so stupid" as a defense. Your logic is impeccable, but then again:

Claiming a crap role name is scummy now, aye? stella artois scumhunting thar m8y u cot meh tek mee2galos hector13hector13hector13 shorten
Hector.... I just.... wat?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 11, 2016, 07:27:21 pm »

Unvote, before I forget to do that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 11, 2016, 07:28:51 pm »

EBWOP

Rather, BHK

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 11, 2016, 07:44:47 pm »

Despite him voting me, I'm going to defend Deus, considering we offed our Doctor D1 and killing the Fire Chief with a suspected Arsonist in game is tantamount to suicide.
Has anyone been doused or marked BHK honestly it seems that an arso that doesn't leave a trace of who they are going to kill would be a little overpowered since we could have no idea what we are dealing with until it is too late.
No, I believe that if Deus is telling the truth, then anonymous dousing would be countered by a role specifically made to counter the Arsonist.

EBWOP

Rather, BHK
Are you going to give us a reason (or better yet, a claim) that would lead us to why you're voting me, or are you just bandwagoning?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 11, 2016, 07:47:35 pm »

Er... I was the second one to vote you, and in the midst of my childishness while interacting with DA, I did furnish y'all with a reason. 14 posts back, I believe.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 11, 2016, 09:54:21 pm »

The people of Townville strangely enough were unknown to their own mayoral election rules. Some of them suggested courses of action as ridiculous as passing legislation to ban mayoral elections... during the mayoral election. In other notes, BlackHeartKebal was decided to be guilty, so the town hanged him. In the following investigation of his antique shop, the townspeople found many antiques. The most interesting of which was an old polygraph positioned next to a cassette player. Presumably to play the audio of the town's meetings through it and see if someone was lying. Suffice to say, this idea has been considered by our experts, and they have concluded that BlackHeartKabal was insane, and that idea would not work at all.

BlackHeartKabal was lynched. He was the Antique Salespersperson of Townville.

Day 3 Final Votecount

Fillipk (0)
Deus Asmoth (2): NotQuiteThere, TheDarkStar
TheDarkStar (0)
Hector13 (0)
Reverie (0)
BlackHeartKabal (4): Revarie, Hector13, Deus Asmoth, Fillipk.
NotQuiteThere (0)

Not Voting: BlackHeartKabal

Election Nominations:
Revarie (1/4)

Not Voting: Fillipk, Deus Asmoth, TheDarkStar, Reverie, BlackHeartKabal, NotQuiteThere.

No majority reached

It is now night
Night 3 will end on Tuesday at 9:00PM. 24 hours from now. please submit your actions, if you have any, by that time. If I receive actions from everybody, the night may end early.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 3 (6/9)
« Reply #337 on: April 12, 2016, 10:03:05 pm »

Once again, there were no deaths last night, although the hanging the previous day is cause for worry. Our journalists are confused as to why the people of townville are still fighting. Regardless, the people gathered once again with the hope of concluding the mayoral election.

Nobody died last night

Day 4 Votecount
Fillipk (0)
Deus Asmoth (0)
TheDarkStar (0)
Hector13 (0)
Reverie (0)
NotQuiteThere (0)

Not Voting: Fillipk, Deus Asmoth, TheDarkStar, Hector13, Reverie, NotQuiteThere.

Election Nominations:
(none so far)

Not Voting: Fillipk, Deus Asmoth, TheDarkStar, Hector13, Reverie, NotQuiteThere.

4 votes needed for majority

It is now Day
Day 4 will end on Friday at 9:00PM about 72 hours from now.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 12, 2016, 10:12:40 pm »

Alright. I'll apologise to DA (and the rest of you) for rather childishly dealing with DA's vote on me. This doesn't change the fact I disagree with his reasons for thinking I'm scum/criminal, though my only defense against the crap role name is either WIFOM ("why would I fakeclaim such a dumb-ass thing?") or demanding OSG tell us why he was lazy with one of his roles. The dirty bastard (mod) Neither of those are likely to cut the mustard, but it's all I got.

Anyhow, does anyone know anything about either of the two criminals now? An arsonist and an as-yet-unidentified general criminal.

Also, Reverie, since I think we may need to have a mayor in position to deal with getting rid of the elections or otherwise end replacement mayors.

I think we may also need to consider that there are no more anti-town factions left, though I imagine DA and NQT are going to argue against this. Otherwise, perhaps the criminals need to do something before they "activate" or something.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 13, 2016, 02:01:18 am »

Here we go. NQT, you're the cult leader, right? I investigated TDS last night based on his desire to lynch anyone that had mentioned the possibility of there being a cult, and he's a cultist. So I'm guessing that you're the one in charge.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 13, 2016, 09:54:54 am »

Here we go. NQT, you're the cult leader, right? I investigated TDS last night based on his desire to lynch anyone that had mentioned the possibility of there being a cult, and he's a cultist. So I'm guessing that you're the one in charge.
That would explain his dodginess yesterday with claiming an ability.  Also I watched him night 1 and he visited someone so NQT I would like to here a role claim now.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 13, 2016, 11:52:36 am »

First of all, I think we should wait until NQT responds before we get too ahead of ourselves.
Second of all, hector13 and his Vanilla Townsperson claim checks out.
Lastly, I'm a bit disturbed that whatever is going on behind the scenes hasn't made itself apparent. We're on day 4. What gives?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 13, 2016, 12:57:02 pm »

I am literally a cop, I investigated Moonlit N1, which I softclaimed if you look back. N2 I investigated TDS and he was town, hence why I defended him yesterday. Last night I investigated Reverie and she's a "political follower' (I'm paraphrasing): I guess that means cult follower?

I'm on a train right now, but will provide corroborating links when I get back.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 13, 2016, 01:37:15 pm »

Two problems regarding this.

Firstly, why you as the fire chief have an investigation ability.

Secondly, why an investigation of TDS resulting in a cult result leads you to believe that a) he's not the cult leader and b) NQT is.

That would explain his dodginess yesterday with claiming an ability.  Also I watched him night 1 and he visited someone so NQT I would like to here a role claim now.

Looks like any old reason to jump on a bandwagon, eh?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 13, 2016, 03:27:18 pm »

Two problems regarding this.

Firstly, why you as the fire chief have an investigation ability.

Secondly, why an investigation of TDS resulting in a cult result leads you to believe that a) he's not the cult leader and b) NQT is.
Elementary. First, the flavour of my inspection is searching for accelerants and such that the arsonist would be using (and the roles in this game don't seem to have any strong association with their name, i.e. the antiques salesman and oil businessman roles). Second, my result was that TDS's house had a strong smell of gasoline, but was also plastered with election posters for someone that I apparently couldn't identify, with the final result being that TDS is a cultist (ie, not the cult leader).

After that, Reverie isn't the cult leader. fillipk probably isn't, based off both truthtellers checking him. TDS turned up specifically as a cultist, not a cult leader. hector could be (assuming Reverie has been converted, and he's probably be a high priority conversion). NQT can be without any specific conversions, plus he was fairly quick on the chainsaw defence after I said that I thought that TDS was the arsonist as well as treating it as a certainty that TDS was telling the truth about his action claim.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36