Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46853 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 3 (7/9)
« Reply #315 on: April 11, 2016, 01:40:48 pm »

I don't like the mayor for the extortionate taxes.

DA didn't say they found an arsonist, they said they suspect TDS is the arsonist. If you, as police chief, can't tell the difference, this town is in trouble /don't tase me bro

They also suspected that I'm the criminal you're looking for. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion (or are travelling toward it, anyway) that I'm the man you're looking for, but DA did postulate it first, so it looks like you're rejecting one part of his postulation while accepting the other.

If you want me to postulate about the possible criminal activites everyone whose roles have been claimed so far, I can do that (I'll do it anyway because it'll be fun)

Spoiler: You criminal bastards (click to show/hide)

I don't think TDS has claimed a role name yet so... he doesn't appear.

Yeah I'm not buying 'vanilla town' from Hector. There's only so many players in the game that can be a crook, it's looking increasingly likely you're the one.

If we were to delve into your word choice for a moment, you saying I look "increasingly" likely to be your criminal would suggest that you've suspected me for a while now. Would you mind pointing us to where your suspicions began?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 11, 2016, 03:01:32 pm »

Yeah I'm not buying 'vanilla town' from Hector. There's only so many players in the game that can be a crook, it's looking increasingly likely you're the one.

But most of all, Fillipk, TheDarkStar, Hector13, Reverie, BlackHeartKabal, are you all buying the DA genuinely believes that TDS is an arsonist still? This is TDS's rejoinder:

Let me clarify my role: I can see if anyone visits my target or if they visit anyone, but I can't identify their visitors or target. fillipk claimed a role with the same powers. When I watched Reverie, I did not see her leave but I did see someone (who turned out to be fillipk) visit. Afterwards, he claimed that he also saw someone visit, which makes sense because I visited Reverie.

Hector may or may not be lying, but I know DA isn't being straight with us.
He's not telling us something. That's clear. However, an Arsonist claiming to be a Fire Chief is flagrantly obvious and dumb. Unless he's telling the truth. Now it's WIFOM.
Is DA the type of person to claim such an obvious role in the position of an Arsonist?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 11, 2016, 03:33:15 pm »

Day 3 Votecount
Fillipk (0)
Deus Asmoth (1): NotQuiteThere
TheDarkStar (1): Deus Asmoth
Hector13 (0)
Reverie (0)
BlackHeartKabal (1): Revarie
NotQuiteThere (0)

Not Voting: Fillipk, BlackHeartKabal, TheDarkStar, Hector13.

Election Nominations:
(none so far)

Not Voting: Fillipk, Deus Asmoth, TheDarkStar, Hector13, Reverie, BlackHeartKabal, NotQuiteThere.

Day 3 will end on Monday at 9:00PM about 6.5 hours from now.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 11, 2016, 04:25:44 pm »

Extend.

Hector:
Hector, what's your role flavour? It seems unlikely that there'd just be a vanilla townie with no other name in the game considering that everyone else seems to have a role name and ability.

It does, but that doesn't make it impossible.
It pretty much does make it impossible as far as I'm concerned. Everyone else in this game has had a role title (besides TDS, but he's claimed what his role is), but you want us to believe that you're just a vanilla townie? I'm not buying it.

I also don't like referring to my PM partly for the lack of things I can paraphrase, but also it feels like PM quoting. Don't kill meh!
This is a cop-out.

I don't like the mayor 'cause taxes, I'm not the only one that thinks this, I want the mayor to go away, terminally.
And this is just a copy of BHK's reason for not liking the mayor.

DA is also rubbing me the wrong way. It makes sense for there to be a fire chief... but it's not outside the realm of possibility for a fire chief to start fires to keep their job.
Why would I even mention there being an arsonist when the only indication of anyone knowing about there being criminals of any kind before I mentioned looking for that specific one was NQT and his non-specific criminals?

Referendum on Removing Mayoral Elections!
We already know this won't work. Why are you trying to waste time?

NQT: why do you seem to think that TDS's claim makes him more likely to be town when it provided no information that we didn't already have? Reverie had already said that he doesn't leave the house to use his powers, and TDS only claimed the specifics of his role after fillipk already had. Not to mention that he seems to be claiming an identical role to fillipk, while the other mirrored roles (Reverie and BHK) seem to have a major power discrepancy between them.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 11, 2016, 04:51:55 pm »

Since I didn't state my role flavor, here it is:

I am a Watchman. I dislike the mayor for his taxes and I don't want there to be a mayor. I can see if someone visits or is visited but not who visits them or they visit.

Also, something worrying occurred to me. There are obviously mayoral candidates/people who want to be mayor, so what's stopping them from voting for themselves one minute before the end of the day? We should vote for someone who will obviously not cause any problems, such as one of the truthtellers or me or fillipk - someone who has proved their role already. I don't quite trust NQT, hector, or DA because they don't have any claimed actions and someone has to be scum.

Another thing: We have no idea what happens when someone becomes mayor.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 11, 2016, 05:04:31 pm »

Woah, woah, slow down, TDS. Your claimed wincon disallows a reelection, doesn't it? What gives?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 11, 2016, 05:10:31 pm »

Mmm, I do love the smell of OMGUS in the morning afternoon.

Hector:
Hector, what's your role flavour? It seems unlikely that there'd just be a vanilla townie with no other name in the game considering that everyone else seems to have a role name and ability.

It pretty much does make it impossible as far as I'm concerned. Everyone else in this game has had a role title (besides TDS, but he's claimed what his role is), but you want us to believe that you're just a vanilla townie? I'm not buying it.

That's 'andy, 'cause I ain't fuckin' sellin' it. (note, language)

Seems like a bloody awful fakeclaim to me (WIFOM, but whatevs)

I'm also aware there are multiple truthtellers here, so I don't particularly want to fakeclaim when there isn't actually a need. So, as with all of my claims, here's a simple sentence:

I am a Vanilla Townsperson.

I didn't create the game, so I can't tell you why OSG decided to name one role Vanilla Townsperson.

How come it took me until I raised my suspicions about you to vote me?

I also don't like referring to my PM partly for the lack of things I can paraphrase, but also it feels like PM quoting. Don't kill meh!
This is a cop-out.

Yehp I totally didn't paraphrase my flavour in the next quote, no siree. Copped right out of that one.

I don't like the mayor 'cause taxes, I'm not the only one that thinks this, I want the mayor to go away, terminally.

Yes it is, well done! Can I help it if we share flavour? fillipk mentioned it earlier, too. PPE: and TDS as well! Conspiracy!

DA is also rubbing me the wrong way. It makes sense for there to be a fire chief... but it's not outside the realm of possibility for a fire chief to start fires to keep their job.
Why would I even mention there being an arsonist when the only indication of anyone knowing about there being criminals of any kind before I mentioned looking for that specific one was NQT and his non-specific criminals?

Would you like some cheese with that wine? I recommend the camembert.

We know that voting "the mod" and "no mayor" doesn't work. I'm sorry I wasted the 5 seconds it took you to read the sentence and the 15 more it took to formulate the reply.

Fine, seeing as she pointed out Moonlit's lies that got him caught, Reverie.

If you want to lynch me over my role name and my flavour, go ahead. The town don't lose a great deal lynching a VT, and I get to see you murderated tomorrow as a result. I understand that being passive-agressive won't win me any backers, but fuck it I'm tired and in a bad mood, so that's what you get.

Just in case, reads list:

Candidates (like what ATH claimed) I think are NQT and DA. ATH was chief physician, so it stands to reason (to me, anyway) that the chief of police and fire chief also harbour politican ambitions.

Potential scum: BHK and DA, in that order. BHK's claims regarding their truth-teller ability strikes me as flimsy. They claimed it worked on fillipk, but not on Reverie (who says she confirmed the claim of fillipk's that BHK checked N1) but was very, very quick to back off the accusations that she was lying after people pointed out she found the Mayor.

DA's OMGUS on me appears quite telling. I may just be annoyed with him after the vote, though, so take that how you will.

On a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being minimally suspicious and 10 being OMGSCUM) my suspicions of BHK rank 7-8, while my suspicions of DA rank ~4.

Comfortable saying Rev is town, and probably fillipk too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 11, 2016, 05:13:49 pm »

Here's what the problem is: People can vote themselves into office. Someone is basically guaranteed to do it today and...

wait a minute

I just realized something.

How do we know how the game works? Why did fillipk and Deus Asmoth talk about specific, similar ways that a cult team would work?

Example 1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Example 2:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 11, 2016, 05:20:50 pm »

At the minute I'd prefer to extend the day since I apparently require sleep to function, but the options are apparently:
* At least two people be around at the end of the day to make sure no one suddenly nominates themselves, no one vote for anyone and see what the repercussions are.

* Some form of forcing the election to deadlock, which would still require a couple of people online to make sure no one breaks the tie just before the end of the day.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 11, 2016, 05:24:37 pm »

Day 3 Votecount
Fillipk (0)
Deus Asmoth (2): NotQuiteThere, TheDarkStar
TheDarkStar (0)
Hector13 (1): Deus Asmoth
Reverie (0)
BlackHeartKabal (2): Revarie, Hector13
NotQuiteThere (0)

Not Voting: Fillipk, BlackHeartKabal.

Election Nominations:
Revarie (1/4)

Not Voting: Fillipk, Deus Asmoth, TheDarkStar, Reverie, BlackHeartKabal, NotQuiteThere.

Day 3 will end on Monday at 9:00PM about 4.5 hours from now.

1/4 votes to Extend
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 11, 2016, 05:34:08 pm »

OSG: What happens if someone doesn't receive a majority of the votes for mayor?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Night 2 (7/9)
« Reply #326 on: April 11, 2016, 05:37:09 pm »

If no majority can be reached, then the election will be postponed until the next day, when the process will be repeated. If the election is continually postponed, then it will be postponed indefinitely.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 11, 2016, 05:46:20 pm »

Meh. If it's that or a tie, I'm willing to vote BHK for that attack on pretty much the towniest player. Plus his power just being plain weaker than Revarie's and having nothing to balance it out seems suspect.

TDS, unless you think that a cult not killing people is somehow revolutionary, why is it strange that I'd mention they're a possibility after a night with no kills in a bastard game?

Hector:

I'm also aware there are multiple truthtellers here, so I don't particularly want to fakeclaim when there isn't actually a need. So, as with all of my claims, here's a simple sentence:

I didn't create the game, so I can't tell you why OSG decided to name one role Vanilla Townsperson.

It didn't. It took until you did something that made you more likely to be scum than TDS as far as I'm concerned for me to vote for you, namely your claim that you're a vanilla town as opposed to literally anything else such a role could be called. We've got an IT guy and antiques dealer instead of truthtellers, a Watcher and Oil businessman (for some reason) instead of trackers, but you're just a vanilla townie? Right. I like how you're accusing me of (somehow) OMGUSing you, though, despite you not having voted for me or even raised any valid suspicions about me aside from me apparently being suicidal enough to alert people to the presence of an arsonist for no reason.

This is a cop-out.

Yehp I totally didn't paraphrase my flavour in the next quote, no siree. Copped right out of that one.
Oh, you mean where you copied someone else's role flavour and gave no other information about your role at all? You consider that satisfactory?

Yes it is, well done! Can I help it if we share flavour? fillipk mentioned it earlier, too. PPE: and TDS as well! Conspiracy!
Would you like to know the difference between you and them? They all have additional parts to their flavours, while you seem to be attempting to hide in the depths of mediocrity. But let the sass flow through you. It is the path to true power.

Would you like some cheese with that wine? I recommend the camembert.
Or you could do anything whatsoever to back up your argument rather than resting your entire case on claiming that I'm an idiot and then pretending it's scummy that I say you're wrong.

We know that voting "the mod" and "no mayor" doesn't work. I'm sorry I wasted the 5 seconds it took you to read the sentence and the 15 more it took to formulate the reply.
How about instead of acting wounded that I dared to question your genius, you explain why you thought that would accomplish something when we already knew that voting for things other than the listed candidates wasn't doing anything?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 11, 2016, 06:13:49 pm »

Well I guess I'm still alright with my choice, and the necessity for a majority makes it a lot harder to cheese the result with last minute vote changes.

PPE:

Meh. If it's that or a tie, I'm willing to vote BHK for that attack on pretty much the towniest player. Plus his power just being plain weaker than Revarie's and having nothing to balance it out seems suspect.

TDS, unless you think that a cult not killing people is somehow revolutionary, why is it strange that I'd mention they're a possibility after a night with no kills in a bastard game?

Hector:

It didn't. It took until you did something that made you more likely to be scum than TDS as far as I'm concerned for me to vote for you, namely your claim that you're a vanilla town as opposed to literally anything else such a role could be called. We've got an IT guy and antiques dealer instead of truthtellers, a Watcher and Oil businessman (for some reason) instead of trackers, but you're just a vanilla townie? Right. I like how you're accusing me of (somehow) OMGUSing you, though, despite you not having voted for me or even raised any valid suspicions about me aside from me apparently being suicidal enough to alert people to the presence of an arsonist for no reason.

You voted me after I postulated you weren't what you say you were. I raised suspicions, you voted me. The suspicions may have been shite, and then you offered up "why the fuck would I do that? That would be so stupid" as a defense. Your logic is impeccable, but then again:

Claiming a crap role name is scummy now, aye? stella artois scumhunting thar m8y u cot meh tek mee2galos hector13hector13hector13 shorten

Oh, you mean where you copied someone else's role flavour and gave no other information about your role at all? You consider that satisfactory?

Like what? I'm a VT. I have no actions and only my role flavour. I win when the mayor dies and there's no way to replace them. That is all of it.

Would you like to know the difference between you and them? They all have additional parts to their flavours, while you seem to be attempting to hide in the depths of mediocrity. But let the sass flow through you. It is the path to true power.

Aye, they've got roles and abilities other people can confirm. I'm a VT; I have nothing but my vote and my voice.

Anticipating questions: I know I haven't been very active, what of it? My favourite maxim: activity is not indicative of alignment.

I voted for Moonlit D1 because I felt he was more likely to be bad than ATH, who claimed a town role but with the option to be a candidate.

I didn't vote for Moonlit D2 because every other player except Moonlit was voting him by day end, and I wanted to put a bit of pressure on someone else I was suspicious of in BHK.

Or you could do anything whatsoever to back up your argument rather than resting your entire case on claiming that I'm an idiot and then pretending it's scummy that I say you're wrong.

Alright fine, it was a BS cased based on my frustration.

I made my thoughts clear on your case based on my crap role name earlier, I believe.

How about instead of acting wounded that I dared to question your genius, you explain why you thought that would accomplish something when we already knew that voting for things other than the listed candidates wasn't doing anything?

Because we were voting for people, and my wincon is to (presumably this is how we avoid replacement mayors) remove the election process. I thought that voting for electoral reform would be better than voting for nothing at all.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 11, 2016, 06:19:24 pm »

Despite him voting me, I'm going to defend Deus, considering we offed our Doctor D1 and killing the Fire Chief with a suspected Arsonist in game is tantamount to suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36