Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46916 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 3 (7/9)
« Reply #285 on: April 08, 2016, 09:07:40 am »

Except you were drilling that result pretty damn hard for someone who posited that their power may have been faulty. Even in the face of someone who claimed truthteller before you did, and killed the mayor with it, you took your broken polygraph's result as Word of God despite your doubt from the previous day. Did you not even doubt it as you questioned me? What compelled you to even check my truthteller ability? It doesn't click to me.
A lie detector isn't necessarily town. There are criminals left, apparently. I can only confirm myself, NQT and Deus claimed they want the criminals gone, and I just want the game to end before another mayor appears. The criminals are contesting the game. I had doubt but I discarded it, assuming that the risk between criminal and townie would be low enough. You killing the mayor is great for me, which is the primary reason I withdrew. If my polygraph isn't faulty, however, which I somewhat suspect what with Fillipk, then that would mean you're a criminal.

I checked you because I didn't notice any other sentence I wanted to check yesterday, and my role PM explicitly says I can check from the previous day. The reason I stopped drilling was because you're the one who got the mayor lynched in the first place, and I don't have enough meaningful evidence.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 08, 2016, 09:13:54 am »

What makes you think the criminals are the ones holding up the game?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 08, 2016, 09:17:51 am »

Do you have a suggestion for who else it might be?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 08, 2016, 09:18:58 am »

A lie detector isn't necessarily town. There are criminals left, apparently. I can only confirm myself, NQT and Deus claimed they want the criminals gone, and I just want the game to end before another mayor appears.

Wait. You never said anything about wanting the criminals gone. My wincon and flavour don't mention criminals at all. Do you really want them gone, or are you just wanting to appease NQT and Deus?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 08, 2016, 09:23:42 am »

A lie detector isn't necessarily town. There are criminals left, apparently. I can only confirm myself, NQT and Deus claimed they want the criminals gone, and I just want the game to end before another mayor appears.

Also, this doesn't even check out. If you wanted to check if I was a criminal, you wouldn't question my truthteller ability. >__>

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 08, 2016, 09:25:17 am »

Remember your wincon? The second part of that.

You seem to have prepared well for your claim and subsequent falling back after people pointed out Rev found the mayor.

"Polygraph test! Oh wait, polygraphs are inherently unreliable, sorry."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 08, 2016, 09:27:29 am »

Wait. You never said anything about wanting the criminals gone. My wincon and flavour don't mention criminals at all. Do you really want them gone, or are you just wanting to appease NQT and Deus?
I want them gone for different reasons than NQT and Deus (reason being that the game hasn't ended yet, and odds are if the criminals die it'll end)

Also, this doesn't even check out. If you wanted to check if I was a criminal, you wouldn't question my truthteller ability. >__>
You didn't say anything such as "I'm not a criminal." I select a sentence from the previous day, and I get told if the sentence contained a lie or not.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 08, 2016, 09:28:33 am »

Remember your wincon? The second part of that.

You seem to have prepared well for your claim and subsequent falling back after people pointed out Rev found the mayor.

"Polygraph test! Oh wait, polygraphs are inherently unreliable, sorry."
So what you're implying is that... there's a secret mayor alive? Despite the fact we hung him and there's a second vote TO appoint a mayor?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 08, 2016, 09:31:20 am »

You infer, I implied nothing.

Read your wincon again and come back to me.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 08, 2016, 09:38:43 am »

The mayor is removed and there is no chance of another mayor taking their place. That I know, If all the candidates die, the mod wouldn't screw NQT and Deus out of a win by leaving the criminals alive either way. I want the candidate dead, and no mayor, but the game has to end to actually wrap that up, accomplish it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 08, 2016, 09:50:45 am »

The mayor is removed and there is no chance of another mayor taking their place. That I know, If all the candidates die, the mod wouldn't screw NQT and Deus out of a win by leaving the criminals alive either way. I want the candidate dead, and no mayor, but the game has to end to actually wrap that up, accomplish it.

It's a bastard game, and they don't have a majority wincon. Could be that they're a team that create the criminals to hide their real wincon.

NQT did start the game off with a pronouncement that the mayor needs to be killed then replaced. What better way to make his wincon of looking for a criminal look feasible by having another player confirm it?

NQT what kind of criminal are you looking for?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 1 (9/9)
« Reply #296 on: April 08, 2016, 09:51:50 am »

Going back and checking BHK's wincon, and uhhh.

BHK
NQT, do you want a new mayor after this one is gone?
If it turns out to be a kingmaker kind of thing, then sure. We an cross that bridge when we come to I guess.
I don't think having a new mayor is necessary, after the old one dies. Does anyone else agree with me?

I don't, since my wincon involves getting rid of a mayor and whoever could replace him.
So we share a win condition?

This could be interpreted as a subtle hijack of TDS's wincon. How did I miss this?

BHK, I want you to tell me your wincon, in a single sentence starting with 'My wincon is...'.  If you make it through the day, I'll want the option to fact-check you.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 1 (9/9)
« Reply #297 on: April 08, 2016, 09:57:46 am »

Going back and checking BHK's wincon, and uhhh.

BHK
NQT, do you want a new mayor after this one is gone?
If it turns out to be a kingmaker kind of thing, then sure. We an cross that bridge when we come to I guess.
I don't think having a new mayor is necessary, after the old one dies. Does anyone else agree with me?

I don't, since my wincon involves getting rid of a mayor and whoever could replace him.
So we share a win condition?

This could be interpreted as a subtle hijack of TDS's wincon. How did I miss this?

BHK, I want you to tell me your wincon, in a single sentence starting with 'My wincon is...'.  If you make it through the day, I'll want the option to fact-check you.
My wincon is to ensure the mayor is dead and that there is no chance of them being replaced.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 08, 2016, 10:12:04 am »

BHK's claim about the dodgy lie detector makes a lot of sense actually. It'd be pretty OP for there to be two functioning truth determiners in a game. So unvote.

Hector
NQT what kind of criminal are you looking for?
I'm not looking for any one specific criminal. I'm the head of the police in this town. From the flavour in the OP, I imagine that there's a mafia-themed player or two (who probably don't have a kill).

Deus Asmoth, reading back things aren't really adding up. What role do you have that would make sense for you to be after an arsonist? I'm the police chief round theses parts. Did an arsonist burn down your family home or something? More damningly, you're voting TDS because he might be an arsonist, but last night he was watching/tracking Reverie. How could he have known Reverie hadn't left her house if he was priming someone? Lucky guess?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 08, 2016, 11:51:35 am »

NQT what is your night action, you've claimed to be a cop so does that mean you have an invest, if so who did you invest?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36