Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46872 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 3 (7/9)
« Reply #255 on: April 07, 2016, 10:19:32 am »

I checked your claim last night, and can confirm that BlackHeartKabal's truthtelling ability does indeed work. It's probably not as exciting as the previous night's result, but I had to be sure.
Do you still think that it was a waste to kill the mayor before rooting out candidates?
Yes, I did check fillipk's role ability, just in case. It checks out. This was partly for your benefit (you suggested that your ability might be faulty), and partly for the rest of us (in case you were actually trying something sneaky). In retrospect, it might have been a better idea to check your claim (now that you've pulled whatever crap this was), but you did mention that you dealt in antiques early in the game, and you having an antique polygraph and thus being a truth-teller is well within the bounds of a believable claim.

Except now you're peddling an outright lie. So tell me. Why do you want me dead so badly? Am I a threat to any shady tactics you might be pulling? Are you affiliated with whatever criminal faction Deus or NQT might be chasing? Perhaps you are a criminal?

You'll have to do more than passive-agressively quote at me. Answer my questions.

Unless I'm missing something, they can't both be telling the truth. It's possible OSG gave one of them a list of other roles in the game for fakeclaiming purposes.
That's nice and all, but I put the role into practice to great effect. The mayor is dead.
I'm not a criminal. But I think that the Criminals are a threat to us,  which is why the game isn't over and why the Polygraph needle losing its shit is a massive red flag. But it's a bastard game, isn't it? Just more variables and information out there that I don't know. I do know that if you were telling the truth about everything else, then you lying would be a massive red flag.
I don't understand. You found the mayor, and you're lying.
But you wouldn't be lying if your role is that mundane.
If the mayor is sided with the criminals, you wouldn't sell them out.
The criminals must be third party then. But where is Remalle in this, actually town?
Remalle, if you're actually what you say you are. Then the Polygraph wouldn't trip. Except if it were faulty. An antique polygraph.
My results are randomized.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2016, 10:23:20 am »

Wait, no nightkill again? I suppose this looks like there isn't a standard mafia after all, but then what? A cult?
Yes I do think it's a cult

So before we start voting I want to see what the lie detectors found out last night.
I checked your claim last night, and can confirm that BlackHeartKabal's truthtelling ability does indeed work. It's probably not as exciting as the previous night's result, but I had to be sure.
Do you still think that it was a waste to kill the mayor before rooting out candidates?
I don't think it's a waste just suspicious.

The town has an open caucus with any person able to nominate any candidate.
This flies in the face of what I thought we've established about only a few players (like the doctor) being potential candidates. How do I satisfy my wincon if just anyone can get elected? :/

Other anarcho-townies: Have any ideas?
Yes, your lying. Reverie please explain how someone with a night action that doesn't leave your house, you claimed your role ability works from your house, would be able to leave your house as I saw you do last night.  I think you are one of the candidates and that they are cult leaders who can recruit townies to vote for them, it would make sense why you wanted to kill the mayor before looking for more candidates.
Yes, I did check fillipk's role ability, just in case. It checks out.
Did you just claim to check two sentences, thought you could only check one?

Oh and I think tge criminals were mod misdirection cause there have been no deaths.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 07, 2016, 10:31:17 am »

BHK

Why are you claiming this?

PPE:

fillipk
Wait, no nightkill again? I suppose this looks like there isn't a standard mafia after all, but then what? A cult?
Why? Is there anything you know that tells you this?

So before we start voting I want to see what the lie detectors found out last night.
Why is it suspicious? Not helpful to say "it's suspicious" and not say why, brah.

This flies in the face of what I thought we've established about only a few players (like the doctor) being potential candidates. How do I satisfy my wincon if just anyone can get elected? :/

Yes, your lying. Reverie please explain how someone with a night action that doesn't leave your house, you claimed your role ability works from your house, would be able to leave your house as I saw you do last night.  I think you are one of the candidates and that they are cult leaders who can recruit townies to vote for them, it would make sense why you wanted to kill the mayor before looking for more candidates.

Right. Chuckles (TDS, link important) just said she didn't leave the house. Looks like you're making shit up here, fillipk. How does a tracker/watcher fit your role flavour of oil empire?

I don't think so, but I'll wait to see how Rev responds. I'd also like to point out that one of the sentences she claims to have checked confirmed your wincon. Nice going.

This got chaotic rather quickly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2016, 10:32:32 am »

Hector13:
... why are you checking what he checked to confirm his ability, and not his actual claimed ability..?

Because I believed him. Near the beginning of the game, he revealed the following:

BlackHeartKabal are you part of an oil empire?
No. I sell antiques.

His claim of having an antique polygraph fit like a glove, which is why I wasn't worried that he might be mirroring my claim. It was too perfect. I decided a good middle ground target for my ability was to confirm that his check on N1 was accurate (as I explained in an above post, because he made the valid point that his antique polygraph might be faulty), all the while checking if he was lying about fillipk. It was supposed to be two birds with one stone, but I now regret not checking BHK directly.

fillipk:
No. I checked Moonlit on N1 and you on N2.

Yes, your lying. Reverie please explain how someone with a night action that doesn't leave your house, you claimed your role ability works from your house, would be able to leave your house as I saw you do last night.
Reverie: You never left your house last night. I'm a watcher/tracker. (Also, someone visited you but I don't know who it was).

* Reverie throws her hands up

Does anyone else want me dead?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2016, 10:34:42 am »

Does your role flavour say anything about your mental state, Rev? Like... do you ever leave your house?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2016, 10:39:16 am »

BHK

PPE:

fillipk
Why? Is there anything you know that tells you this?

Why is it suspicious? Not helpful to say "it's suspicious" and not say why, brah.

Right. Chuckles (TDS, link important) just said she didn't leave the house. Looks like you're making shit up here, fillipk. How does a tracker/watcher fit your role flavour of oil empire?

I don't think so, but I'll wait to see how Rev responds. I'd also like to point out that one of the sentences she claims to have checked confirmed your wincon. Nice going.

This got chaotic rather quickly.
Well now I feel stupid, I had this whole narrative where I thought Reverie was a cult leader and recruited people.  The funny thing is my role flavour drew the incorrect conclusion but looking back over it I see that the other conclusion that could be drawn is that someone visited, which more then likely means that Reverie is someone else's cult lackey.  I know she was town confirming me and everything, but I was suspicious of her since day 2 and if she was a cult master she could know I'm town and guess that I'm not lying about my role Unvote just call it paranoia.
Does your role flavour say anything about your mental state, Rev? Like... do you ever leave your house?
No my role flavour drew the incorrect conclusion and I didn't second guess it because it fit my narrative, she didn't leave, someone visited.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2016, 10:42:24 am »

I don't like you're assumption that there's a cult. What makes you think there's a cult? You haven't said yet. I would quite like you to answer all the other questions too. I didn't ask them for the good of my health, you know...

It seems that our trackers managed to track each other tracking Rev. I find this situation to be incredibly funny :))

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2016, 10:42:39 am »

No, nothing of the sort. And while it doesn't explicitly say that I never leave the house, I don't have any reason to. My single ability is performed in front of a monitor. As far as I know, I'm perfectly sane and my fancy facial recognition software is working as intended.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2016, 10:58:21 am »

I don't like you're assumption that there's a cult. What makes you think there's a cult? You haven't said yet. I would quite like you to answer all the other questions too. I didn't ask them for the good of my health, you know...

It seems that our trackers managed to track each other tracking Rev. I find this situation to be incredibly funny :))
There have been no kills yet so it seems unlikely that there is a Mafia or sk.  This game also has a vote for the mayor mechanic so it would make sense that the Villian's was cult leader converting people to vote for them VS a town that wants no one elected.

Oh yeah, lol.  That's what I get for skimming through the posts before posting.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 07, 2016, 11:01:29 am »

Could you answer the questions here, please fillipk?

Specifically the one on why it's suspicious to kill the mayor before the candidates.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 07, 2016, 11:12:56 am »

I explained that when it was first brought up, my win con is to kill the mayor and prevent anyone from taking over.  At the time it was suspicious to me because I thought we would be in this situation where we can elect a new mayor and I figured there was a role that could cast a secret vote while we were all arguing like the old mayor did.  I wanted the candidates out of the way to win in this situation and I didn't know who the mayor was or have any idea.

I don't see any other questions there and I have to go to school.  Point any more out and I'll answer them later.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 07, 2016, 12:03:47 pm »

Without further information, I'd guess that they're not compulsory, but if there are people that still want to become mayor, the game might not end. If we can test that out, though, no mayor
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 07, 2016, 12:07:35 pm »

BHK

Because I don't want to withhold possible information from the town? I'm honestly just confused looking back at this, and I don't have anything beyond this to have a real case on Remalle.Unvote

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 07, 2016, 12:11:04 pm »

I'm pretty sceptical, but I suppose we can try.

No mayor.

OSG: Ballot count please

PS. I'm still not Remalle >__>

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 07, 2016, 12:13:13 pm »

EBWOP: Wait, wrong shade of green. No mayor.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36