Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46809 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 3 (7/9)
« Reply #240 on: April 07, 2016, 02:01:18 am »

Wait, no nightkill again? I suppose this looks like there isn't a standard mafia after all, but then what? A cult?

So before we start voting I want to see what the lie detectors found out last night.
I checked your claim last night, and can confirm that BlackHeartKabal's truthtelling ability does indeed work. It's probably not as exciting as the previous night's result, but I had to be sure.
Do you still think that it was a waste to kill the mayor before rooting out candidates?

The town has an open caucus with any person able to nominate any candidate.
This flies in the face of what I thought we've established about only a few players (like the doctor) being potential candidates. How do I satisfy my wincon if just anyone can get elected? :/

Other anarcho-townies: Have any ideas?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 07, 2016, 05:59:55 am »

Reverie
This flies in the face of what I thought we've established about only a few players (like the doctor) being potential candidates. How do I satisfy my wincon if just anyone can get elected? :/
Do you think your wincon would be satisfied if you yourself became mayor?

Everyone
There's no danger of scum quickvoting themselves into office at the end of the day, as they need 50% of the surviving player base to do so. It seems a lot of folk are worried about any kind of elected official: perhaps there's still an actual mafia member among us who hopes to gain office. That might count as a criminal for wincondition purposes.

BHK
What did you find out last night then?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 07, 2016, 06:04:21 am »

So before we start voting I want to see what the lie detectors found out last night.
I checked your claim last night, and can confirm that BlackHeartKabal's truthtelling ability does indeed work. It's probably not as exciting as the previous night's result, but I had to be sure.

Reverie: You never left your house last night. I'm a watcher/tracker. (Also, someone visited you but I don't know who it was).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 07, 2016, 06:25:47 am »

Reverie: You never left your house last night. I'm a watcher/tracker. (Also, someone visited you but I don't know who it was).

That would make sense, since I don't leave my house to perform my night action. I mentioned that when I claimed:
I am the IT Guy.

I run a lie detector operation from my house (using a facial feature-recognition program), watching over the news bulletins of Townville. Every night, I can review one sentence from the game and know if the speaker is lying somewhere in that sentence.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 07, 2016, 06:30:47 am »

Reverie
Do you think your wincon would be satisfied if you yourself became mayor?
No, there has to be no chance of anyone taking the mayor's place. Becoming mayor breaks that wincon.

And now I'm terribly confused. Are these votes compulsory?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 07, 2016, 07:48:34 am »

Every night, I can review one sentence from the game and know if the speaker is lying somewhere in that sentence.
Reverie: Try again.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 07, 2016, 08:11:49 am »

Ha! Oh, this is great. What is your motivation for this?

First of all, I claimed truthteller first and you claimed the same (down to specifics) immediately afterward. Not only that, but I sniffed out the mayor using said role. How the hell could I be lying? If I made this up, what does that say about you? Whatever this stunt was just lost you your credibility.

BlackHeartKabal.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 07, 2016, 08:21:26 am »

Ha! Oh, this is great. What is your motivation for this?

First of all, I claimed truthteller first and you claimed the same (down to specifics) immediately afterward. Not only that, but I sniffed out the mayor using said role. How the hell could I be lying? If I made this up, what does that say about you? Whatever this stunt was just lost you your credibility.

BlackHeartKabal.
Do I care if I lose my credibility? You're damned either way, because if you get lynched, that confirms you're lying and I'm not. If I get lynched, my role will flip as an Antiques Salesperson and you're left with nothing.

I know full well that claiming lie detector* after you was dodgy, but I don't leave anything out when I claim.

It's clear that you're either lying or you left something out.

And if you made your role up, then that just confirms that there's only one true lie detector. It's up to the town to make their decision and see if they want to save time or not, but I'm going to ensure you won't survive to the end of this game with your stunt.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 07, 2016, 09:02:57 am »

Oh no, don't beat around the bush. I want you to explain how I could possibly claim a role you just happened to have and beat the mayor over the head with it. I left nothing out in explaining my role ability. Omission isn't even in the scope of the power, since it works on a per-sentence basis.

Every night, I can review one sentence from the game and know if the speaker is lying somewhere in that sentence.

This is simply a general statement about what my truthteller ability does, and what you claim is a lie. There are no tricks, no omissions. Just what I claimed and you claimed immediately after. You're being ridiculous.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 07, 2016, 09:28:01 am »

Do you still think that it was a waste to kill the mayor before rooting out candidates?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 1 (9/9)
« Reply #250 on: April 07, 2016, 09:28:57 am »

Also, bit bizarre that two people have claimed the exact same role. I imagine tomorrow we're going to have one or both say the other is lying.

Fackin' called it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 07, 2016, 09:46:01 am »

Unless I'm missing something, they can't both be telling the truth. It's possible OSG gave one of them a list of other roles in the game for fakeclaiming purposes.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 07, 2016, 09:55:39 am »

Yes, I did check fillipk's role ability, just in case. It checks out. This was partly for your benefit (you suggested that your ability might be faulty), and partly for the rest of us (in case you were actually trying something sneaky). In retrospect, it might have been a better idea to check your claim (now that you've pulled whatever crap this was), but you did mention that you dealt in antiques early in the game, and you having an antique polygraph and thus being a truth-teller is well within the bounds of a believable claim.

Except now you're peddling an outright lie. So tell me. Why do you want me dead so badly? Am I a threat to any shady tactics you might be pulling? Are you affiliated with whatever criminal faction Deus or NQT might be chasing? Perhaps you are a criminal?

You'll have to do more than passive-agressively quote at me. Answer my questions.

Unless I'm missing something, they can't both be telling the truth. It's possible OSG gave one of them a list of other roles in the game for fakeclaiming purposes.
That's nice and all, but I put the role into practice to great effect. The mayor is dead.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 07, 2016, 09:58:17 am »

I'm inclined to believe you're telling the truth but you could be scum with an investigative ability.

BHK, what's your explanation for Reverie's result on the mayor and her complete and consistent role claim?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 07, 2016, 10:06:32 am »

Yes, I did check fillipk's role ability, just in case. It checks out.

... why are you checking what he checked to confirm his ability, and not his actual claimed ability..?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36