Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46851 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 1 (9/9)
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2016, 09:51:57 am »

@BHK & Reverie: Same roles, huh?

And yeah, I was lying. I'm a survivor.

I note you suggested the mayor may have been a survivor yesterday.

Also, bit bizarre that two people have claimed the exact same role. I imagine tomorrow we're going to have one or both say the other is lying.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2016, 10:10:49 am »

Hold on. I'm not the only one in a role pair. Deus Asmoth and NQT seem to both have cop(?) roles, both wanting to remove the mayor and chase criminals. Could it be that you guys have the same ability? Is this game symmetric?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 2 (8/9)
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2016, 10:18:17 am »

Day 2 Votecount
Fillipk (0)
 Deus Asmoth (0)
TheDarkStar (0)
Hector13 (0)
TheMoonlitShadow (4): Revarie, NotQuiteThere, BlackHeartKebal, TheDarkStar
Reverie (0)
BlackHeartKabal (0)
NotQuiteThere (0)

Not Voting: Fillipk, Deus Asmoth, Hector13, TheMoonlitShadow.

Day 2 will end on Tuesday at 9:00PM

6 votes required to shorten.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2016, 10:21:25 am »

Hold on. I'm not the only one in a role pair. Deus Asmoth and NQT seem to both have cop(?) roles, both wanting to remove the mayor and chase criminals. Could it be that you guys have the same ability? Is this game symmetric?

Ah... Do explain your knowledge on NQT and DA's roles. They've said they're looking for criminals as part of their wincon, does this make them cop, in the traditional mafia investigative ability sense? You and BHK claimed the exact same role, as well as alignment.

I've already said what my wincon is, you can check it if with your claimed ability if you want. I don't think it's odd you have the same wincon. I think 5 people have claimed that particular wincon. I think it's odd you both claimed the same role.

TDS

Moonlit Shadow it is, then.

This is a bandwagoning vote, far as I'm concerned. Why are you voting Moonlit?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2016, 10:40:08 am »

Ah... Do explain your knowledge on NQT and DA's roles. They've said they're looking for criminals as part of their wincon, does this make them cop, in the traditional mafia investigative ability sense? You and BHK claimed the exact same role, as well as alignment.

I've already said what my wincon is, you can check it if with your claimed ability if you want. I don't think it's odd you have the same wincon. I think 5 people have claimed that particular wincon. I think it's odd you both claimed the same role.

I've only extrapolated that if they'd have an ability it'd be in the same vein as their claimed wincon, perhaps also in a pair. And yes, it's super-weird that there appears to be more than one of the same info role. And no, it wouldn't be symmetrical if the pairs didn't have opposing wincons, so I got a bit ahead of myself there.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2016, 11:40:57 am »

@DA and NQT: Can you confirm this?
If/When I flip it'll be obvious what I mean, but I'm not going to claim my role at this early stage. DA might be lying about his wincon to echo my own, but if he's telling the truth we could have role symmetry of some kind.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2016, 12:29:58 pm »

The issue with assuming the role symmetry thing is that you have to assume at least two (perhaps three) people are being honest.

Not sure I'm willing to do that in a game of mafia, especially regarding claims on D2...

Anyway, I'm curious how we make the game symmetrical with an odd number of players. Perhaps one of you old bastards more experienced players could explain?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2016, 01:41:20 pm »

Obviously, the odd one out would the mayor.

There are implications with this pairing theory though, such as the presence of a second doctor (which would be even stranger than two info roles). I can't imagine how that would be balanced, except maybe with perfect symmetry.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2016, 01:52:04 pm »

Obviously, the odd one out would the mayor.

There are implications with this pairing theory though, such as the presence of a second doctor (which would be even stranger than two info roles). I can't imagine how that would be balanced, except maybe with perfect symmetry.

Interesting theory but my role is a watcher tracker hybrid that doesn't give me specifics.

Reverie
As for removing potential candidates before tackling the mayor, I disagree. I want to see how this thing ticks, and the most radical thing we can do to make that happen is to do away with the mayor. And I am like 80% sure I know who the mayor is.
This quote makes me think you are a candidate and you want to remove the mayor before searching for more candidates, or you just want to get a lynch train going so no one looks more closely at you.  Also, in your setup you place both lie detectors as town which is probably something you will check at night, but it's weird that you would immediately put that role as town.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2016, 02:38:34 pm »

Reverie
As for removing potential candidates before tackling the mayor, I disagree. I want to see how this thing ticks, and the most radical thing we can do to make that happen is to do away with the mayor. And I am like 80% sure I know who the mayor is.
This quote makes me think you are a candidate and you want to remove the mayor before searching for more candidates, or you just want to get a lynch train going so no one looks more closely at you.  Also, in your setup you place both lie detectors as town which is probably something you will check at night, but it's weird that you would immediately put that role as town.
Wait, really? You actually want to keep the mayor alive? You're going to have to explain that to me, because it sounds awfully like you're affiliated with him if you're not okay with blowing this wide open the way I'm suggesting. Killing him is the surest bet at getting new info. That D1 lynch was very underwhelming, and I'm not satisfied with picking off whoever may or may not be candidates. Hell, if there is a scumteam, we're doing them a favour! I can't stress enough, we need info more than anything.

Also, I can't even recall a game where scum had an info role. I suppose it would be within the realm of weird a bastard game entails, but scum have the benefit of knowing who they are and who they're against. I doubt this would be the case.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2016, 04:16:36 pm »

Ah Filipk. With my role, I think there might be a reason you don't want me dead.
UnvoteTell me right now, because right now this just proves to me you are scum TheMoonlitShadow
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2016, 04:18:12 pm »

Reverie
Wait, really? You actually want to keep the mayor alive? You're going to have to explain that to me, because it sounds awfully like you're affiliated with him if you're not okay with blowing this wide open the way I'm suggesting. Killing him is the surest bet at getting new info. That D1 lynch was very underwhelming, and I'm not satisfied with picking off whoever may or may not be candidates. Hell, if there is a scumteam, we're doing them a favour! I can't stress enough, we need info more than anything.

Also, I can't even recall a game where scum had an info role. I suppose it would be within the realm of weird a bastard game entails, but scum have the benefit of knowing who they are and who they're against. I doubt this would be the case.
Fair enough, but I'm willing to guess that once we get the mayor that it will go straight to picking a new one the day after.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2016, 04:23:32 pm »

Also OSG: Is there no roleflip for dead guys?
What you see is what you get.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2016, 04:26:22 pm »

Moonlit

Ah Filipk. With my role, I think there might be a reason you don't want me dead.

Considering you've claimed survivor, why should someone else - especially a claimed townie - worry about your continued existence?

Fillipk

UnvoteTell me right now, because right now this just proves to me you are scum TheMoonlitShadow

Perhaps you'd like to explain the bolded part, for those of us who are not clairvoyant?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 01, 2016, 05:22:58 pm »

No one's gonna outright claim a third party.
I'm a survivor.

Er...

... Anyway, Moonlit, I note you didn't answer my question. I didn't ask you to reveal your role name, I asked you why anyone other than you should be worried about your survival.

No need to be coy. You are up for the chop, after all.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36