Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46903 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 1 (9/9)
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2016, 02:54:18 pm »

Oh the GM being the mayor would make a lot sense so yay GM murdering time.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2016, 03:28:29 pm »

vote count request
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2016, 03:34:08 pm »

Votecount
Fillipk (1) Deus Asmoth
Deus Asmoth (0)
TheDarkStar (0)
AbstractTraitorHero (4): Fillipk, TheMoonlitShadow, TheDarkStar, Hector13
Hector13 (0)
TheMoonlitShadow (1) Notquitethere
Reverie (0)
BlackHeartKabal (0)
NotQuiteThere (0)

Not Voting: AbstractTraitorHero, Revarie, BlackHeartKabal.

Day ends on Wednesday at 9:00 PM About 31 hours from now
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 03:38:24 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2016, 03:35:26 pm »

Headache-induced idea, go!

This is going to be crazy, but what if the mechanism for becoming the new mayor is the GM himself? ATH mentioned that he had to message OSG to activate his candidacy, and this is a bastard game so...

origamiscienceguy

It's interesting how you're using this particular phrasing, byraway.

Also interesting how you're potentially leading the town into a no-lynch on D1.

PPE: fackin' brilliant
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2016, 03:36:32 pm »

EBWOP I'm voting ATH, byraway, but it was hidden in that massive post I made earlier so I'll let you off :P

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2016, 03:40:13 pm »

I either die day 1 or live till the end of the game so far how unfortunate that it seems I'll be the first lynche you guys seem preety dead set on my death.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2016, 04:52:40 pm »

Feel free to think that, but I'm literally just going off of what I hear. If you missed it, I theorised that there are two town factions pitted against each other. One which wants to get rid of the mayor and any means to replace him (this is my own wincon, which I suppose I'll called anarcho-towny), and another which is mostly the same but wants to replace the mayor (as described in the flavour, and I think ATH falls into the category, possible mayor candidacy and all—I'll call these players candidate-townies). It's no secret that there is some mechanism in place to replace the mayor once we remove him. My wincon hints to as much. OSG being said mechanism would have been pretty clever, but the votecount can't lie and you had the foresight to get that checked. I'm not exactly convinced plucking off potential candidates is the cleanest way to go about this, but I'll return my vote to AbstractTraitorHero.

Hector, if you're of the mind that I tried to end this day on a no-lynch, why are you voting for ATH? Do you think he's bluffing about his ability to protect himself, thus ending the day on a no-lynch anyway?

For everyone else, do you think that plucking off potential mayoral candidates is the cleanest way to proceed (at least for anarcho-townies, if that's a thing)? Am I making sense with my theory concerning opposing towny factions? How would you all suppose a scumteam would be structured in a setup like this?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2016, 05:13:27 pm »

DA and Reverie get no benefit of the doubt though. I feel their wincon claims came a little too long after we established that there is probably more than one wincon for town players.
This is questionable logic unless you expected all wincon claims to be simultaneous.

What do you have to tell us about the criminal you're s'posed to get rid of?
They're probably an arsonist based off the flavour text I got about them (hence why fillipk's oily interests are suspect to me). They also seem to be unrelated to the mafia, but that's not exactly surprising.

Since you have a similar wincon to NQT, do you also have to replace the mayor?
Unless I missed something, NQT's claimed wincon doesn't involve replacing the mayor. Mine doesn't mention anything about replacing them one way or the other.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2016, 05:22:20 pm »

A doctor claiming D1 and proclaiming a self heal is genuinely one of the most amusing things i've seen
AbstractTraitorHero

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2016, 05:35:04 pm »

I claimed cop and was telling the truth in my first game day one so this isn't out of character for me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2016, 05:36:46 pm »

Reverie

Feel free to think that, but I'm literally just going off of what I hear. If you missed it, I theorised that there are two town factions pitted against each other. One which wants to get rid of the mayor and any means to replace him (this is my own wincon, which I suppose I'll called anarcho-towny), and another which is mostly the same but wants to replace the mayor (as described in the flavour, and I think ATH falls into the category, possible mayor candidacy and all—I'll call these players candidate-townies). It's no secret that there is some mechanism in place to replace the mayor once we remove him. My wincon hints to as much. OSG being said mechanism would have been pretty clever, but the votecount can't lie and you had the foresight to get that checked. I'm not exactly convinced plucking off potential candidates is the cleanest way to go about this, but I'll return my vote to AbstractTraitorHero.

Hector, if you're of the mind that I tried to end this day on a no-lynch, why are you voting for ATH? Do you think he's bluffing about his ability to protect himself, thus ending the day on a no-lynch anyway?

At present, ATH has told us he can be a candidate for the position of mayor. My PM doesn't tell me I can (or can't) be a candidate, but one way to remove the possibility of a re-elected mayor is to get rid of the candidates.

One thing to be considerate of is the potential that the mayor's wincon is to be the only candidate left (and holding the position) so... I'd rather get on with finding the mayor after this.

One suspect, for me, is Moonlit, as I mentioned earlier. He hasn't been on to respond to those yet, though. But just to let Moonlit know I'm serious, I'll pop a vote on him. ATH still has a third of the "electorate" (hohoho) voting for him- hm... it just occured to me we may not be voting who we want to lynch, but are actually electing someone.

If so, this lack of secret ballots is very undemocratic /voter rights /nonsense

PPE: DA

DA and Reverie get no benefit of the doubt though. I feel their wincon claims came a little too long after we established that there is probably more than one wincon for town players.
This is questionable logic unless you expected all wincon claims to be simultaneous.

Not really. You both had the benefit of developed theorycraft from the rest of us before revealing your wincon, allowing you to tailor any claim - genuine or otherwise - to the prevailing wisdom. It's caution, rather than suspicion. It's also D1; we have nothing confirmed beyond our own PM's yet.

What do you have to tell us about the criminal you're s'posed to get rid of?
They're probably an arsonist based off the flavour text I got about them (hence why fillipk's oily interests are suspect to me). They also seem to be unrelated to the mafia, but that's not exactly surprising.

Do you have any means of protecting the rest of the town from the alleged arsonist?

Since you have a similar wincon to NQT, do you also have to replace the mayor?
Unless I missed something, NQT's claimed wincon doesn't involve replacing the mayor. Mine doesn't mention anything about replacing them one way or the other.

It wasn't so much his claimed wincon as his right-out-the-gate pondering that the mayor needs to be replaced as a condition of town victory. It makes sense to me that his wincon might include that.

PPE2:
I claimed cop and was telling the truth in my first game day one so this isn't out of character for me.

One hopes you would have learned from that experience :P

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2016, 05:39:27 pm »

I did but this is a bastard game so I kinda threw my previous experience out the window threw a Molotov at it and walked away whistling.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2016, 05:45:27 pm »

I did but this is a bastard game so I kinda threw my previous experience out the window threw a Molotov at it and walked away whistling.

It's not that different. I mean with the caveat that the rules can be evil, it's still a mafia game. Claiming doctor or cop on D1 is just one of those things you don't do.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2016, 05:51:54 pm »

Eh I just ain't concerned with getting night killed since I read my role PM wrong it turns out from reading it actually thoroughly I'l heal myself each night so I can't be night killed and I can still heal people I figured it'd be best to tell everyone I'm doctor simply because I'm not worried about getting night killed.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2016, 06:54:46 pm »

I, for one, am not voting for you because of your doctor claim. I'm voting because you appear to oppose my wincon.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36