Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46918 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 1 (9/9)
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2016, 07:51:25 pm »

Ah that's understandable and yeah my trouble is I'm not always sure what to say or I just feel I have nothing to go on so I end up not speaking and well then everyone thinks I'm scum.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2016, 07:51:50 pm »

Unvote

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2016, 09:32:43 pm »

NQT

Hector
Do you think anyone would hint at such a game-breaking power this early if they had it?
Sure, I've seen players do dumber stuff so it doesn't hurt to ask.
Fair enough. Do you think I'm that dumb? :P

Do you also think OSG has taken roles from that list? If so, why?
No, but that's just what the anarchist role usually does.
Bastard games can be quite unusual, however.

Does an off-hand comment really make you think there's a particular role in the game?
Not particularly but it's nice to know, and this exchange tells me a lot about your attitude.
What is your conclusion?

In response to your question, I will repeat that I won't confirm or deny any role I do or do not have. Counterpoint to your question: the scum benefit a lot more than town from knowing role distribution, especially this early. Your interest in my role instead of my alignment is noted.
Town always want to know whether someone has an anti-town role (which usually hints indicates alignment in any case).
I think town are more interested in whether players have anti-town alignments, which is why I'm bothered so much by your role-fishing.

There's (presumably) no way for you to confirm whether I'm telling the truth at this point, and perhaps not even after the night phase. Seems like a bit of a pointless task on D1, one which is better left until things can be confirmed after actions and role flips.

You don't see yourself as deflecting, but you're not going to point to evidence against you, are you? I thought it was, so I pointed it out. If anyone else agrees, good for me. If they don't, good for you. I'm not building a case off it, why so defensive?
Why am I responding to points made against me in a game of mafia? Uh...
It's a subjective point, though. I thought you were deflecting, others may interpret it differently. I wasn't saying that you deflecting said anything about you, just that it was what I thought you were doing.

Could certainly argue the FoS is an OMGUS. Worried you can't blend in so easily now that someone says they think you're a baddy?
I'm not worried about anything here. If I was trying to blend in, I'd definitely post a lot less.
But after someone comes out and says you're their prime suspect? Posting less would look rather odd, perhaps even incriminating... people might start making unpleasant assumptions about you at that point.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2016, 01:07:27 pm »

Hector
Does an off-hand comment really make you think there's a particular role in the game?
Not particularly but it's nice to know, and this exchange tells me a lot about your attitude.
What is your conclusion?
My conclusion is that you find it easier trading quips with me than engaging with other players in the game. You've had several opportunities to sling something someone else's way and yet you're happy trading walls of text back and forth with me. This tells me you need to speak to more players.

Moonlit
And stating that you'd post less if you were trying to blend in... sounds like you're trying a little too hard to look town.
Yawn.

OK, how about we get some things cleared up here. Scum like rolling around in the muck of obscurity and misdirection.

Claimed Wincons
BHK, TDS, Hector: Kill Mayor and all mayor replacements
NQT: Kill mayor and take down criminals in the city
Deus, ATH: Something different.
Fillipk: Something oil related?
Moonlit: ???
Reverie: Yet to post.

So:

Moonlit, Reverie (when you get here), Deus, Fillipk and ATH: what is your win condition?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2016, 01:14:35 pm »

My wincon is very simply the current mayor must be removed...they don't have to die from how I read it they just need to no longer be mayor and I win.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2016, 02:06:13 pm »

I'll post something more substantial tomorrow when I'm not a sleepy zombie, but for now:

Moonlit, Reverie (when you get here), Deus, Fillipk and ATH: what is your win condition?

TDS has it right with the townie win condition. Remove the mayor and any chance for a replacement.

Reverie: Hi, I don't think I've played in a game with you before, what is your mafia experience?
I haven't played in a while, but all of my mafia experience has been here on this forum and mostly from several years ago. I recently came back and am also playing Vengeful Mafia 11 :-)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2016, 02:54:43 pm »

Votecount
Fillipk (0)
Deus Asmoth (0)
TheDarkStar (0)
AbstractTraitorHero (1): Fillipk
Hector13 (0)
TheMoonlitShadow (1) Notquitethere
Reverie (0)
BlackHeartKabal (0)
NotQuiteThere (0)

Not Voting: AbstractTraitorHero, Deus Asmoth, TheDarkStar, Hector13, TheMoonlitShadow, Reverie, BlackHeartKabal.

Day ends on Wednesday at 8:00 PM About 28 hours from now

ATH: Please make your votes Bold and Red so I can see them better.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2016, 03:22:30 pm »

Where did you get this from?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2016, 04:10:42 pm »

You do realise that I'm NQT don't you?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2016, 04:29:08 pm »

You do realise that I'm NQT don't you?
I realize that, but you never claimed your win condition before that.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2016, 04:32:17 pm »

I want to bring the current mayor to justice along with any other criminals.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2016, 04:39:55 pm »

It is what I have infered from my PM that yes there is a way for the mayor to be removed without death though I merely making speculation it is a conclusion I have come up with.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2016, 04:42:48 pm »

Oh my win condition is to kill the mayor and stop anyone from replacing him, the oil empire thing is just my role flavour.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2016, 04:43:51 pm »

EBWOP: I don't actually have to kill the mayor just remove him from office.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2016, 05:17:22 pm »

I'm willing to bet you need to replace the mayor to win, fillipk. Just putting that out there so I don't forget it tomorrow... also stuff regarding ATH's and Moonlit's earlier interaction. More detail tomorrow.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36