Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46852 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 1 (9/9)
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2016, 08:14:33 pm »

Fillipk
Okay then so why are you voting for me do you have reason to believe I'm suspicious or are you trying to get me to talk more? Basically I would like to know the intent of your vote to form a more solid opinion on you for I have little leads or ideas of who could be scum currently.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2016, 08:20:46 pm »

fillipk, TDS claims that his wincon is killing the mayor and anyone that could replace him. As far as I can see, that means that there's some mechanic for electing a new mayor once the current incumbent is dealt with, but only some players are actually eligible for election.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2016, 10:05:47 pm »

See, I think with 9 players it's less likely for there to be a full mafia team. As this is a bastard game, undoubtedly there's something screwy going on, and given the theme I'd say an election of a new mayor might be in the cards. But the mafia faction could still be around as well as the mayor (they're definitely different people in the OP). It could be:

Step 1: kill existing Mayor
Step 2: elect new mayor
If new mayor is mafia then we lose, if new mayor is town then we win.

This is why I suspect him. My wincon states the mayor must be destroyed and no mechanism exists to replace them.

It's an anarchist's dream, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2016, 10:23:51 pm »

See, I think with 9 players it's less likely for there to be a full mafia team. As this is a bastard game, undoubtedly there's something screwy going on, and given the theme I'd say an election of a new mayor might be in the cards. But the mafia faction could still be around as well as the mayor (they're definitely different people in the OP). It could be:

Just out of curiosity are you part of an oil empire?

This is why I suspect him. My wincon states the mayor must be destroyed and no mechanism exists to replace them.

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2016, 10:24:09 pm »

Just out of curiosity are you part of an oil empire?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2016, 10:24:15 pm »

BlackHeartKabal are you part of an oil empire?
No. I sell antiques.

My win condition is to get the mayor killed and ensure a new one is not elected. I want to know who else shares that.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2016, 11:55:44 am »

ATH
Well you'd be incorrect I have a town wincon I was merely thinking of the possibility of other town members and roles having different wincons for example if I was say a doctor my wincon could be I have to save one townies life and kill all scum for example.
Unvote, now others have posted some more about it, I think it's pretty obvious there's more than one town-allied wincon.

Fillipk
Interesting theory, but why would we have to elect a new mayor, unless that is your win condition.
No, I was just speculating from the OP's text that there might be an election (there has to be bastard element to the game and that would fit the bill). See the part I quoted.From what other people are saying, that looks less likely now.

NQT, I feel like you want to become mayor, am I wrong?
I want to bring the current mayor to justice along with any other criminals. I think it's looking like some town players have overlapping but not identical wincons.

Why do you care about oil empires?

Moonlit
Still gotta watch for mafia, obviously.
This feels a bit smoke and mirrors. Like, what sort of signal does mafia give off that any scummy player doesn't?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2016, 11:56:31 am »

Hector
Do you have the anarchist role power?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2016, 12:36:48 pm »

Just to clarify, I'm out on holiday. Expect me to post late Monday or early Tuesday.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2016, 01:45:06 pm »

Hector
Do you have the anarchist role power?

I will neither confirm or deny what powers I do or do not have. At least not on D1.

Why are you role-fishing?

I also like how you deflect suspicion by suggesting there's multiple wincons for town. Clever, and not something that can be confirmed until a flip. However, nature of the game and all that, plus the fact it's D1 so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Still topping the suspect list, but I've not done much scum-hunting yet so it's not a given you'll have my vote come day end.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2016, 01:56:47 pm »

NQT, I feel like you don't have the same win condition as a lot of the players who have been speaking, but not everyone has spoken so we can't see where everyone stands.

Nevertheless I think you are town/ town allied because you showed no fear in your first post talking about what we might have to do in this game on your first post.  It sort of shows your not trying to fit in with the crowd so town points in my book.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2016, 05:35:11 pm »

Hector
I will neither confirm or deny what powers I do or do not have. At least not on D1.

Why are you role-fishing?
The Anarchist role power is very anti-town, so I wanted to check. Call it 'role-fishing' if you like but there's nothing wrong with players trying to root out people with anti-town roles. Now again I'll ask, do you have the anarchist role power?

I also like how you deflect suspicion by suggesting there's multiple wincons for town. Clever, and not something that can be confirmed until a flip. However, nature of the game and all that, plus the fact it's D1 so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Still topping the suspect list, but I've not done much scum-hunting yet so it's not a given you'll have my vote come day end.
I don't see myself as deflecting: it's a bastard game and I'm trying to work out what might the conceit.

I'd very much like to see this planned scum hunting.

Fillipk
I feel like you don't have the same win condition as a lot of the players who have been speaking, but not everyone has spoken so we can't see where everyone stands.
To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if a whole bunch of town players had basically the same role, with some town-allied players with slightly different win conditions. That sort of setup has been seen on the forum before.

Are you deliberately ignoring ATH's attack?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2016, 06:02:42 pm »

Do you think anyone would hint at such a game-breaking power this early if they had it?

Do you also think OSG has taken roles from that list? If so, why?

Does an off-hand comment really make you think there's a particular role in the game?

In response to your question, I will repeat that I won't confirm or deny any role I do or do not have. Counterpoint to your question: the scum benefit a lot more than town from knowing role distribution, especially this early. Your interest in my role instead of my alignment is noted.

You don't see yourself as deflecting, but you're not going to point to evidence against you, are you? I thought it was, so I pointed it out. If anyone else agrees, good for me. If they don't, good for you. I'm not building a case off it, why so defensive?

Could certainly argue the FoS is an OMGUS. Worried you can't blend in so easily now that someone says they think you're a baddy?

To explain the comment: I once had anarchist leanings, so the idea of removing an authority and the mechanism to replace them is amusing to me.

Re: lack of scumhunting: patience is a virtue, dude. It's the weekend, only opportunity I get to spend bunches of time with my wife. Chances are I won't be able to do anything major until ~Tuesday.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2016, 06:55:37 pm »

Hector
Do you think anyone would hint at such a game-breaking power this early if they had it?
Sure, I've seen players do dumber stuff so it doesn't hurt to ask.

Do you also think OSG has taken roles from that list? If so, why?
No, but that's just what the anarchist role usually does.

Does an off-hand comment really make you think there's a particular role in the game?
Not particularly but it's nice to know, and this exchange tells me a lot about your attitude.

In response to your question, I will repeat that I won't confirm or deny any role I do or do not have. Counterpoint to your question: the scum benefit a lot more than town from knowing role distribution, especially this early. Your interest in my role instead of my alignment is noted.
Town always want to know whether someone has an anti-town role (which usually hints indicates alignment in any case).

You don't see yourself as deflecting, but you're not going to point to evidence against you, are you? I thought it was, so I pointed it out. If anyone else agrees, good for me. If they don't, good for you. I'm not building a case off it, why so defensive?
Why am I responding to points made against me in a game of mafia? Uh...

Could certainly argue the FoS is an OMGUS. Worried you can't blend in so easily now that someone says they think you're a baddy?
I'm not worried about anything here. If I was trying to blend in, I'd definitely post a lot less.

To explain the comment: I once had anarchist leanings, so the idea of removing an authority and the mechanism to replace them is amusing to me.
Oh I'm an anarchist irl. We should chat political philosophy in the banter thread sometime.

Re: lack of scumhunting: patience is a virtue, dude. It's the weekend, only opportunity I get to spend bunches of time with my wife. Chances are I won't be able to do anything major until ~Tuesday.
Noted.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2016, 07:37:12 pm »

ATH sorry, didn't mean to ignore your attack and the vote was just  to get you to talk/vote more nothing big
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36