Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46680 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 1 (9/9)
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2016, 06:33:06 pm »

BHK:
Why no questions for me?
What is your win condition?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2016, 10:04:26 pm »

I'm here, I'll be posting at about 2:00 Saturday, and I think the mayor is a title or a role that moves around.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2016, 10:22:39 pm »

((PTW))
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2016, 06:35:23 am »

BHK
NQT, do you want a new mayor after this one is gone?
If it turns out to be a kingmaker kind of thing, then sure. We an cross that bridge when we come to I guess.

TDS
NQT: Do you have any relevant info to share?
Only what I've gleaned from the starting post. And yourself?

ATH
If I had to guess maybe there are special roles not a SK though but maybe something funner like something unique like maybe the town members each have different win conditions?
What this tells me is that you don't have a standard town wincon yourself. Care to explain?

So I think that we should focus mainly on trying to find the scum team if there's other teams as long as their win condition dosent prevent town from winning we shouldn't care.
What makes you think it's a team rather than a solo mayor?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2016, 06:55:56 am »

Your view of the mayor seems to conflict with BHK's and Filipk's.
What's your view of the mayor then?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2016, 07:18:33 am »

See, I think with 9 players it's less likely for there to be a full mafia team. As this is a bastard game, undoubtedly there's something screwy going on, and given the theme I'd say an election of a new mayor might be in the cards. But the mafia faction could still be around as well as the mayor (they're definitely different people in the OP). It could be:

Step 1: kill existing Mayor
Step 2: elect new mayor
If new mayor is mafia then we lose, if new mayor is town then we win.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2016, 08:13:52 am »

BHK
If it turns out to be a kingmaker kind of thing, then sure. We an cross that bridge when we come to I guess.
I don't think having a new mayor is necessary, after the old one dies. Does anyone else agree with me?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2016, 08:51:02 am »

BHK
I don't think having a new mayor is necessary, after the old one dies. Does anyone else agree with me?

I don't, since my wincon involves getting rid of a mayor and whoever could replace him.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2016, 09:09:48 am »

BHK
I don't, since my wincon involves getting rid of a mayor and whoever could replace him.

This is why NQT presently tops my suspect list.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2016, 09:35:33 am »

BHK

So we share a win condition?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2016, 10:33:56 am »

BHK

TDS
NQT: Do you have any relevant info to share?
Only what I've gleaned from the starting post. And yourself?

ATH
If I had to guess maybe there are special roles not a SK though but maybe something funner like something unique like maybe the town members each have different win conditions?
What this tells me is that you don't have a standard town wincon yourself. Care to explain?

So I think that we should focus mainly on trying to find the scum team if there's other teams as long as their win condition dosent prevent town from winning we shouldn't care.
What makes you think it's a team rather than a solo mayor?
Well you'd be incorrect I have a town wincon I was merely thinking of the possibility of other town members and roles having different wincons for example if I was say a doctor my wincon could be I have to save one townies life and kill all scum for example.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2016, 03:32:25 pm »

Votecount
Fillipk (0)
Deus Asmoth (0)
TheDarkStar (0)
AbstractTraitorHero (1): Notquitethere
Hector13 (0)
TheMoonlitShadow (0)
Reverie (0)
BlackTopKabal (0)
NotQuiteThere (0)

Not Voting: Fillipk, Deus Asmoth, TheDarkStar, AbstractTraitorHero, Hector13, TheMoonlitShadow, Reverie, BlackTopKabal.

Day ends on Wednesday at 8:00 PM

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 06:01:37 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2016, 06:01:44 pm »

PM
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2016, 07:11:33 pm »

BHK
BlackTopKabal, were you disappointed by your alignment?
No.
AbstractTraitorHero, hector13, The Moonlit Shadow, are you town?

hector13, besides your role, do you know something we don't?

DeusAsmoth, why do you think i'm asking the above questions to everyone?
You want to ask NQT on a date, but you're too shy to do so without opening a rapport first and asking only him a question would be too obvious. What's the point in asking me to look for additional reasoning behind generic RVS questions?

hector,
BHK

This is why NQT presently tops my suspect list.
What's the reasoning behind this?

TDS:
BHK

This is interesting. Presumably not everyone is a potential mayor then?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2016, 08:08:10 pm »

Can we take a moment before we start properly to share any game relevant info? One of the things I've learned from playing previous bastard games is that there's always a puzzle embedded in them that needs to be solved. Puzzle solving comes out of clues, so if you have any clue, do share!

Nevertheless, the townspeople prepared to find, kill, and replace the mayor who had been the source of all their troubles.
This makes me think that after we kill the major, it won't be the end of the game: we'll have to elect a new mayor afterwards.

Interesting theory, but why would we have to elect a new mayor, unless that is your win condition.

Fillipk, do you think we'll find the mayor on D1?

I was going to say no, and I still don't think we have any good leads.  Also I feel that we have to do stuff before we kill the mayor and we should figure that stuff out first
See, I think with 9 players it's less likely for there to be a full mafia team. As this is a bastard game, undoubtedly there's something screwy going on, and given the theme I'd say an election of a new mayor might be in the cards. But the mafia faction could still be around as well as the mayor (they're definitely different people in the OP). It could be:

Step 1: kill existing Mayor
Step 2: elect new mayor
If new mayor is mafia then we lose, if new mayor is town then we win.
NQT, I feel like you want to become mayor, am I wrong?

Reverie: Hi, I don't think I've played in a game with you before, what is your mafia experience?
Deus Asmoth: why do you say potential mayors?  Are you with NQT that we should replace the mayor?
TheDarkStar who do you side with, NQT or BlackHeartKabal
Abstracttraitorhero vote for someone and enjoy prosperity, fail to do this and suffer an ancient gypsy curse.
Hector13Why do you suspect NQT?
TheMoonlitShadow are you part of an oil empire?
BlackHeartKabal are you part of an oil empire?

OSG its BlackHeartKabal, not BlackTopKabal
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36