Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 45369 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Also, I had a special privilege as the spoiled spectator. This beauty of a list of PMs.
It should answer a few of your questions, yeh?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

I like how you seemed to believe me for a while even after I was dead.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Let's just say that D5 never happened, cha?

... I think I owe everyone an apology for making it so cringeworthy, anyway. Mostly to OSG; it did buff the shine right off what was an otherwise enjoyable romp.

Too bad you didn't have the forethought to consider the electee being lynched :P too bad I didn't have the forethought to ask about it in advance of D5 :-[
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Interesting setup. I'm not really surprised that the mayor was the SK, either. Was TMS given the setup at the beginning?
No, he did not. But that note that told Hector that the "chiefs" were NK-immune would have been given to TMS Night 3 if he were still alive.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Presumably them notes were from the mafia?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Presumably them notes were from the mafia?
It was actually from the news network who was setting this all up just to get a good story, but I kind of lost track towards the end. But the big clue was that all role PM's and notes were in the same font as the flavor text.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile

I liked the setup but I do feel it would have worked better with more players.  Nice job on the insane thing, giving me the results and drawing me a conclusion was a nice touch.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I kinda wished I'd had made it to at least convert someone.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile

I kinda wished I'd had made it to at least convert someone.
Well the problem with that was you claimed to be a candidate day 1 when we had all stated we had to kill the mayor and his candidates.  Don't throw away all your mafia experience man
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

True but I've never played scum this was my first putting.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I was hoping for more players so we could actually have a massive cult vs. cult fight that possibly lasted multiple days.

Actually, when I first came up with this setup, i didn't intend for town to have a chance to win. I just assumed they'd all be converted, but I evolved the idea and made it so that town would have a chance of winning (mainly from the hector role, but I assumed they'd be discreet about it :)) )

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey man, I was discreet. Too discreet, shoulda left my vote on DA on D4, or murdered Rev that night instead.

Ah well, didn't consider deeply enough what Rev was doing despite a couple of red flags popping up after she agreed with me about the chiefs. I also thought the cults couldn't convert, and they had aides instead: I knew Fillipk and DA were a team, DA suggested TDS and NQT were a team, so I thought Rev was with ATH. Whoops...

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

Well, this game actually went surprisingly smoothly considering the clusterfuck it probably would have turned into if there had been three conversions and a kill on night 1. What would've happened if two cult leaders had tried to convert the same person at once?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

If I remember correctly from my setup spoilers, neither conversion would have succeeded.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, this game actually went surprisingly smoothly considering the clusterfuck it probably would have turned into if there had been three conversions and a kill on night 1. What would've happened if two cult leaders had tried to convert the same person at once?
That's correct. And TMS didn't submit an action night 1 so that's why there wasn't a nightkill.

I was leaning on the fact that everybody would try to keep everything hidden (which did happen) so the clusterryness would be supressed. I wanted this to be a sort of gradual reveal of the setup as more people claimed.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36