Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36

Author Topic: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: GAME OVER, DEUS ASMOTH'S CULT WINS!  (Read 46855 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 2 (8/9)
« Reply #210 on: April 03, 2016, 02:51:02 pm »

BlackHeartKabal:
I've been thinking. The two binary town roles, what if one each are quacks with useless abilities? It's a bastard game, isn't it? So fillipk isn't clear, perhaps. I'd like Remalle to check that sentence again for lies while I check something else. As for now, we're aren't voting fillipk because we're believe beyond reasonable doubt that he shares a win condition with us.
So does this mean you're suspicious of fillipk, then? I'll have to agree with hector, this sounds like you're trying to cover your own ass. Explain to me why you have this sudden doubt.

PS. I'm not Remalle :P

TheMoonlitShadow:
I am not convinced that the only barrier to your survival as third party is your role name. Nor that you don't have any abilities, or complicate matters by other means. You're either lying or withholding information.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2016, 04:56:39 pm »

I think I might have offhandedly mentioned high taxes once as part of why I hate the current mayor and mayors in general and that might be it, or it might be due to the nonspecific results of my night action, but he has no powers and as far as I can tell there are no role flips so I'm kinda confused.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2016, 07:59:52 pm »

I've been thinking. The two binary town roles, what if one each are quacks with useless abilities? It's a bastard game, isn't it? So fillipk isn't clear, perhaps. I'd like Remalle to check that sentence again for lies while I check something else. As for now, we're aren't voting fillipk because we're believe beyond reasonable doubt that he shares a win condition with us.

So you don't want Rev checking the veracity of your claim, like I do? 'cause I find it hard to accept that there are two identical roles with an identical wincon.

Perhaps you just know it'll show you're lying?
That's certainly implied. Check it if you want, but I'm not one to lie as town. I'm waiting for a sentence to check for tonight.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 03, 2016, 08:12:10 pm »

So you don't want Rev checking the veracity of your claim, like I do? 'cause I find it hard to accept that there are two identical roles with an identical wincon.

Perhaps you just know it'll show you're lying?
That's certainly implied. Check it if you want, but I'm not one to lie as town. I'm waiting for a sentence to check for tonight.

The implication being you lie as scum ::)

There are two days worth of sentences, I don't think you need to wait for one. Moonlit seems to be on the way out, so unless that bandwagon starts to collapse, have a vote BlackHeartKabal.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 04, 2016, 02:48:38 am »

Sorry people, I was out all weekend and too tired to post anything last night. I should have something reasonable up shortly.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2016, 02:41:39 pm »

Day 2 Votecount
Fillipk (0)
 Deus Asmoth (0)
TheDarkStar (0)
Hector13 (0)
TheMoonlitShadow (5): Revarie, NotQuiteThere, BlackHeartKebal, TheDarkStar, Fillipk
Reverie (0)
BlackHeartKabal (1): Hector13
NotQuiteThere (0)

Not Voting: Deus Asmoth, TheMoonlitShadow.

Day 2 will end on Tuesday at 9:00PM about 31 hours from now

6 votes required to shorten.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 04, 2016, 03:53:03 pm »

So it seems like there's a near consensus here (hardly any posts in the last 24 hours). Should we go ahead an Shorten?

Hector, your vote on BHK seems predicated on nobody actually following you on that vote. Are you just registering your general suspicion here?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 04, 2016, 04:02:00 pm »

We should let DA speak before shortening, but I'm not opposed to it.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 04, 2016, 04:33:40 pm »

So it seems like there's a near consensus here (hardly any posts in the last 24 hours). Should we go ahead an Shorten?

Hector, your vote on BHK seems predicated on nobody actually following you on that vote. Are you just registering your general suspicion here?

Basically. I think Moonlit is scum, but BHK is second on that list. Their suggestion that Rev use her ability to check out someone else when BHK has the exact same skill makes it look like they don't want Rev to check the veracity of their own claim, and can operate for another day.

It's perhaps telling that both BHK and Moonlit have tried to throw shade on fillipk (BHK cleared him, and Moonlit suggested there's some connection between them, so if they flip scum it's guilt by association) though it remains to be seen if one or the other is fibbing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 04, 2016, 04:49:57 pm »

Basically. I think Moonlit is scum, but BHK is second on that list. Their suggestion that Rev use her ability to check out someone else when BHK has the exact same skill makes it look like they don't want Rev to check the veracity of their own claim, and can operate for another day.

It's perhaps telling that both BHK and Moonlit have tried to throw shade on fillipk (BHK cleared him, and Moonlit suggested there's some connection between them, so if they flip scum it's guilt by association) though it remains to be seen if one or the other is fibbing.
I suggested Remalle not check me because if either of us died we'd have nothing to work with.
Also, do you mind stating your win condition in a nice, short sentence?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 1 (9/9)
« Reply #220 on: April 04, 2016, 04:52:20 pm »

Reverie:
Noteworthy is the lack of a nightkill, which suggests there is no scumteam, or they're hanging back and waiting.
Can you explain this reasoning? Considering that there are players who want to prevent another mayor being elected, I'd say that the lack of a nightkill would indicate the possibility that one of the election candidates could be running a cult, plus the arsonist that I'd like to find.

Hold on. I'm not the only one in a role pair. Deus Asmoth and NQT seem to both have cop(?) roles, both wanting to remove the mayor and chase criminals. Could it be that you guys have the same ability? Is this game symmetric?
Why are you trying to get people you think have cop roles to claim?

TMS:
@DA and NQT: Can you confirm this?
Same question, pretty much. Why do you want possible cop roles to claim when if they had results they felt were worthy of sharing they would already have done so?

Ah Filipk. With my role, I think there might be a reason you don't want me dead.
Perhaps you should actually say what you're thinking rather than making vague threats about what will happen if you get lynched. Why do you think that fillipk is the mayor?

BHK: why check fillipk's wincon over the more unusual ones like mine or NQT's?

Speculation: two truthtellers is odd in such a small setup, so it's possible that one of them is lying. Reverie would have to be suicidal to gamble on TMS lying though, and if BHK is fillipk's scum partner it wouldn't be very good play to make their partnership so obvious in case fillipk gets lynched, or killed by the arsonist. It's possible that BHK could be scum trying to make fillipk guilty by association if he gets killed.

On the subject of TMS, it's entirely possible that he is a survivor since they do tend to be seen as mafia-allies-to-be around here. He's also claimed survivor as scum before though and barring further information I'm willing to vote TMS.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Local Emergency Mafia | Bastard Game: Day 1 (9/9)
« Reply #221 on: April 04, 2016, 05:14:33 pm »

BHK: why check fillipk's wincon over the more unusual ones like mine or NQT's?
A mundane wincon isn't suspicious. It's lack of suspicion in a claim ironically makes it suspicious. Whereas someone claiming a more outlandish or unusual wincon is telling the truth, since there's no benefit or sense in falsely claiming an unusual wincon.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 04, 2016, 05:42:59 pm »

The Moonlit Shadow:
Reverie: I thought you could check what we said?
Correction: I can check any one sentence to see if it contains a lie (once a night). I checked your claimed wincon, so I only know that you were lying, nothing else. That I'm saying you are withholding something from us with your claim comes from me, not my role ability.

Deus Asmoth:
Reverie:
Noteworthy is the lack of a nightkill, which suggests there is no scumteam, or they're hanging back and waiting.
Can you explain this reasoning? Considering that there are players who want to prevent another mayor being elected, I'd say that the lack of a nightkill would indicate the possibility that one of the election candidates could be running a cult, plus the arsonist that I'd like to find.
This was only speculation around why I thought there wasn't a nightkill. Being the biggest tool conventional scumteams have, it felt to me like the absence of a nightkill hinted at the lack of typical mafia (if they weren't being slippery by holding back). You may well be right about the cult, but other than the criminal(s), we're in the dark about what makes this game so bastardly.

Hold on. I'm not the only one in a role pair. Deus Asmoth and NQT seem to both have cop(?) roles, both wanting to remove the mayor and chase criminals. Could it be that you guys have the same ability? Is this game symmetric?
Why are you trying to get people you think have cop roles to claim?
Outside of trying to make sense of why there's a bit of a pair theme going on? Nothing, really. I honestly don't mind that you two don't claim yet, but learning if you're both connected would be valuable intel in trying to figure this thing out. Honestly, I'm just juggling whether or not it'd be a waste of time to check BHK's claim to be absolutely sure there are even pairs at all. It's all very strange.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 04, 2016, 06:58:35 pm »

Hey, isn't Moonlit hammered?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2016, 08:42:13 pm »

Hey, isn't Moonlit hammered?
No hammering in this game. There is shortening though, if you want the day to end.

(1/6 votes to shorten)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36