Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [RAW Token Testing] 42.XX VARIABLE_VALUE Token HUMMIE !!SCIENCE!!  (Read 2086 times)

Player111444

• Bay Watcher
  • I Fight for Nod!! POWER:30 PEACE:35
    • View Profile

EDIT!!: I seems that this VARIABLE_VALUE  Token !!SCIENCE!! did effect the behavior of the Humans in Fortress Mode. Yet i have to see them effect their behaviors in Adventure Mode too.   But i think it's done already despite it being a few days guess i ain't no Rocket scientist eh?

So Stuff happened in the 3 Region Saves with the Third one Having VARIABLE_VALUE Set to -50:50

REGION 1:
  • Humans are clumsy & flimsy when chopping down trees. Sometimes falling wood would fall into them and suffer minor to major injuries. don't know if it's their size though.
  • Alot of kobolds jumping in and trying to steal our stuff. Started building Walls made of Wood with Archery Towers. Made Militia Commander with broken Leg chase Kobolds including a Wild Turkey.
  • that's pretty much it.  I Was doing the Human challenge from the WIKI Click Me!

REGION 2: Accidentally embarked near a Cave.  :o

• Gnomes happened. Easily killed by Human fisticuffs. Humans are easily horrified seeing a Sapient Creature die. That includes Gnomes. Goblins. Kobolds and Wild Animal People including Troglodytes.   Disciplined Military will still be Horrified of seeing their kinsmen dead though and other Salients sometimes.
  • Everyone gets Enraged at all enemies for no reason. It's all coming from arguments all the time. Thanks to some of them wanting to Argue to satisfy themselves... jerks.
  • Tried to chamber 2 Gays into the Honeymoon suite. Takes a long... while until they get hungry or thirsty.
  • And yeah... the Bat man Spearman incident... yeah... tried to attack Cave... No one there. Went underground for no reason... Bat man just standing bellow of the screen just chilling. told Scouts to Kill Bat man. Crazy Stuff happened... Hmm... Makes a good story material.
  • Oh yeah i just broke the Human challenges rules in this Region 2. Dem Hummies hiding in their Mountains thinking that they are like Dwarves or Halflings. Silly humans.

REGION 3:
  • Embarked. Honey badger was next to the Wagon. Weaponsmith got attacked but didn't care anyways and didn't take a scratch. Militia Commander and Woodworker joined in and attacked and killed the Honey Badgers with their fists.
  • Humans don't get bad mood for sleeping without a Proper Room and Get Good Mood for Butchering an Animal or Chopping down a Tree. (Still gets bad moods for not having any chairs or goblets or wells though.)
  • Every starting Seven are all Friends. No Grudges but 2 of them became Lovers.
  • Gave up on MEGAPROJECT because of Aquifer  >:(

If you want more Information look below this thread. Theres is stuff you can learn and if you want to do this !!SCIENCE!!. Why not Do it your self and give it a Shot?  :)

REASON GOT SLIGHTLY BORED WANTED TO MOD IN RANDOM STUFF AND WANT TO TURN IT INTO A HARDCORE PLAYABLE HUMAN MOD.  :D

ORIGINAL POST
Hello! I have been messing around with DF 42.05 with the entity raws 
and started wondering and playing around with my game on why isn't the human caravan in my first and second save games in 42.04 VANILLA coming to my fort and trade? ( except the human visitors coming to my taverns who are just bards )

and also that in looking at some DF reddit posts in adventure mode the humans will often argue with each other and stuff.

I also played as the Humans in Dwarf Mode in 40.24 before and tried them in the new 42.03 or .02 when it first came out however they acted a bit strange unlike in the 40.24 version.

The differences are that sometimes playing a random human civilization that effects them ingame for example
  • 1.They don't feel anything sleeping without a proper room. So that means you don't have to build them rooms and you can throw beds in the hallways without getting any bad
       moods! (They still get bad moods if they sleep in the floor though)
  • 2.All of them mostly wants to rule the world. literally everyone including citizens, lowly peasants, children and newborn human babies want to rule the world.
  • 3.Will randomly sleep while chopping wood to only get a falling tree logs fall into their heads or other parts and suffer minor or major injuries.
  • 4.Humans will mostly never have any goal important to them ( Dreams of raising a family, falling in love, becoming a legendary warrior etc. ) except Immortality to become Necromancers and build Necro Towers in World Gen
Its all thanks to the VARIABLE_VALUE token in the entity_default.txt which is introduced in DF 42.01 last December.

this will effect their values and human citizens including adventurers of different civilizations meaning some will be like Spartans or Vikings or just a bunch of lazy idiots or wannabe elves or even worse than elves.

So what i'm going to do is... do the Hummie raw !!SCIENCE!!

I'm going to play Dwarf Mode as Humans.  Look at the Random Hummie Civs.  Look at the starting sevens' goals. choose another Human Civ than another. Play as them and look at thier behaviors and what they do in Fortress Mode.

The only edits i did is make them have Nobles all copied from the dwarves with a few name changes and a few little tweaks.
The Nobles and Military
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And I Also gave them new weapons ranging from the Highlander Claymores and Japanese Katanas including Viking Dane Axes and Woodcutter Hatchets to chop down trees and to chop down elves too.
also including with many tweaks to the Vanilla DF Armory
  • Like making the Mauls surprisingly effective weapons and giving them a new attack.
  • Whips are a bit weak but still effective but not on iron or steel armor so much.
  • And other buffs and nerfs.
Also making sure the dwarven caravans will arrive and trade at autumn.

And allowing the humans make stepladders and making other stuff also allowing Strange Moods. And Also No Steel! Can only buy it from the dwarves or looting them.

Remember that this is a Test of random behavior and stuff including random !FUN! if the humans will easily throw tantrums because of the [VALUE:POWER:30] easily (maybe...) or get bad moods retrieving the wounded.
or oh whatever goes on in the experiment and test. i'm expecting bugs and random stupid deaths and so on.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:27:46 am by Player111444 »
It's been a long time old friend.

Not a fan of CnC Rivals.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: [RAW Token Testing] 42.XX VARIABLE_VALUE Token HUMMIE !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 10:19:17 am »

This seems interesting.  We need more documentation on the subject of civ values and their effects on behavior.

Player111444

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 10:52:41 am »

This seems interesting.  We need more documentation on the subject of civ values and their effects on behavior.

Well it's going to take hours right now. I Made Two worlds because the first world doesn't have any interesting human Civs except 3 out of 8.

Second Region has Civilizations been set to high. got 27 Human Civs. This is going take a while.  :-\   

Not a fan of CnC Rivals.

Kha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 01:04:19 pm »

Just to let you know:

why isn't the human caravan in my first and second save games in 42.04 VANILLA coming to my fort and trade? ( except the human visitors coming to my taverns who are just bards )

has nothing to do with VARIABLE_VALUE. It is a consequence from the "Export Wealth not calculated in 0.42.04"-bug, so the trigger from the RAW entity_default.txt

Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:PLAINS]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]

never gets triggered. Add [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1] and they will show up.
More in the wiki

Having said that, I support more !!!SCIENCE!!! on VALUE_* derived behaviour, so good luck!

Player111444

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 02:27:42 pm »

So... after checking the Starting Seven Goals in their lives in each human civilization in the First Region if most of them had any...

Are low... most of them don't have any except Raising a Family, Falling in Love but it tends to be low like craftmanship or skill mastery because their values are set to [-30] or lower or a bit slightly higher.

So the humans of their Civ Group will no wish to master a skill or make a masterwork. Even some groups find Fighting and War silly and dull.

So i don't know if it effects the frequency of Masterwork Items and Armor and if it gives Bad Moods and making them unhappy if they are conscripted into the military or the other values in them and their behavior in Dwarf Fortress.

So Region 1. Large World. Civilizations set to Medium (Middle of the Road.). Got 8 Human Civs

Region 2 has Civilization set to High. Large(??) World. got 27 human civs.

It seems that one of the human civ groups Dream of making a Great Discovery is by new [VALUE] Knowledge. if it's [VALUE:KNOWLEDGE:30] that is... So if a library is built and then they discover something when working as a scholar in something in astronomy, geology or in chemistry etc their Discovery Dream is fulfilled i don't know didn't made one or see one yet... 

Also that Personality Facets may conflict with the Civilization Group's Beliefs and may slightly change their goals including behavior and the Personal Beliefs of that individual is randomized. Sure most of the group is going to Rule the world someday but someone in their group does not care fore power or finds it distasteful or what they think of it.
They either don't have any goal or it's going to be Dreams of raising a family even though that the Civ group that s/he is in they don't care about Family unlike her/him.

However i'm not sure if that's 95% true because in all honesty i don't actually know.  ;D

Right now im going to play one of them in Dwarf Mode in Region 1 i'm going with Pure Unions but in Region 2 i'm going to choose a random Human Civ Group maybe the Sea Empire.

Also BTW Here's the images.

Here is the humans from the Pure Unions in Region 1 feel free read about their culture and their personality

Then here is the ones from The Ultimate confederation from Region 2.

Then the Humans from the so called the Empire of Seas from the same Region 2.

The "Export Wealth not calculated in 0.42.04"-bug, so the trigger from the RAW entity_default.txt

Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:PLAINS]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]

never gets triggered. Add [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1] and they will show up.
More in the wiki

Having said that, I support more !!!SCIENCE!!! on VALUE_* derived behaviour, so good luck!

Oh thank you! i didn't know that bug in the 42.04 Version!! thanks! atleast it's fixed now in 42.05 i think.

Also i gonna rest for a while. goodnight :) The !!EXPERIMENT!! Begins in some other Time!

Not a fan of CnC Rivals.

Player111444

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 01:26:41 am »

NEW EDIT!!:For Extra Testing... I Set the [VARIABLE_VALUE:ALL:-30:30] in the humans in entity_default.txt to [VARIABLE_VALUE:ALL:-50:50]!! They are more extra weird in terms of behavior in Legends mode and Dwarf Mode. Human Civ Groups made enemy with other Human individuals mostly they defied some deity temples or what not... Dwarf Mode is slightly a bit interesting... in Region 3. Also Tiny updates from our previous Two Regions.

EDIT:Alright got New Region 2 up and running playing as a Random Human Civ. No one even the migrants in Summer has a Goal At all! However their is a disturbing find with the Human males in the Civ.

Well Testing the DF human behavior... seems a bit normal...       Normal i mean Dwarfish regular generic normalish in Region 1 as the Pure Union...

Region 1 as the Pure Unions a proud warrior race and full of free spirits who find merrymaking and partying fine but romance disgusting.
  • Pure Union 1:Embark Start. No Grudges at all. :)
  • Pure Union 2:Kobold thief was sighted. Carpenter didn't cancel job to run away or do fisticuffs at the poor fella. Sent Militia Commander to attack kobold. Kobold ran off at edge of the screen.
  • Pure Union 3:Carpenter used to make *Superior quality* Doors and Bed even though his Carpentry skill is Proficient. but made finely and well-crafted even normal wooden carpentry goods from Chests and                               Cabinets.   Don't know if that's normal.
  • Pure Union 4:DF Therapist Reveals that 2 Female and all the Male Humans of the Starting Seven are Straight. while the only one Female human of the Seven who is the Militia Commander is an Asexual.
  • Pure Union 5:Militia Commander Worships Eman a Female Human Goddess who is associated with Nature, Poetry, Persuasion and Speech.
                      Carpenter has a Goddess of the Hunt named Kima who cursed a Human and turned Pusap into a Vampire Human.
                      Broker has a God of jealousy named Jush. Don't know if this affects talking to him in adventure mode or easily start arguements.   So Deities represent their Civilization Values or maybe not.
  • Pure Union 6 NEW!!:The Merchant's Courier (The Humans Renamed Outpost Liaison). Became Enraged for No Reason in the Combat Reports. Didn't Fight any one... Got into a Argument with the Metalsmith or the Militia Commander.
  • Pure Union 7 NEW!!:Militia Commander chopped down tree... Wooden Log fell into her leg. Got Broken Leg. Nurse Gave her Crutch. Made Commander chase a Wild Turkey and Three Kobold Thieves. *Is it me or the Humans because of their size makes them get Injuries from chopping down trees unlike the Dwarves which is rare to me in my Unmodded Game...*
Images brought you by the Pure Unions.
Spoiler: In Tal in DF Therapist (click to show/hide)

EDIT:The New Region 2 is going fine... Okay in reality im lying i settled in a Savage and Joyous Wilds Biomes near the Hills... Accidentally embarked near a Cave i don't know who lives there. Senseecho sounds like a Kobold Cave. Playing as the  The Union of Mushrooms who don't have any relations to the plump helmet people or the Mushroom Kingdom. Also Random short-lived !!FUN!! times!
  • Union Mushrooms 1:Mountain Gnomes came and drank all our Drinks. Sent Militia Commander out to slaughter all Gnomes. Death to Xenos!
                                 Expedition Leader who is a Peasant joined in with her bare hands but Commander stole the kill. Expedition Leader got scared of dead Gnomes.
                                 [Except The Militia Commander who is awesome even with her bare hands.]
  • Union Mushrooms 2:Even the Carpenter and the Broker got a trauma from seeing the dead gnomes lying everywhere near their wagon.
                                   But Not the Commander who takes the joy beating the crap out of everything and the Only Miner who is digging in the Mines.
  • Union Mushrooms 3:Militia Commander has a Grudge against the Expedition Leader and the Miner.  ::)
  • Union Mushrooms 4:Summer Migrant Wave. No one has any Goal in their Lives. According to DF Therapist one of the Seven Founders One Male our Farmer is an Bisexual...
                                       The Migrants have 1 Bisexual male also along with 1 asexual male.  !!SCIENCE!! tells me something disturbing...
  • Union Mushrooms 5:Nothing Scientific but the kobold thieves tried to steal the Carpenter's Wood-crafts and useless junk. Militia commander attacked one with her barehands
                                     and started gouging the poor things eyes! thats kobold Brutality! 
  • Union Mushrooms 6:One of the dogs killed one of the Kobold thieves but it the Kobold stabbed the poor puppy's head. And didn't even recover at all. a few days later after the Migrants in Summer came. Dog Died,
                                  built Butcher's Shop near the Dead Dog For Meat but The Humans Refused for odd reasons.
                                  Also i butchered a Dog that has a Yellow down Arrow (Unfocused needs like alcohol is weird for animals) got a Name before being butchered by the butcher herself.  Don't Know if it's normal.
  • Union Mushrooms 7:After the slaughter of the Gnomes Militia Commander started to chop down trees. Read Combat Reports and a Apple Wood fell on to her head and her nose exploded in gore.   
                                     It's one of these days...
  • QUICKIE EDIT!:For Some reason the Miner Became Enraged for no reason in the mining shafts. The Reason is he got into an Argument with someone annoying the Militia Commander Herself... :P
  • Union Mushrooms 8 NEW!!:Not Much Happened. Gave my Militia Commander a Superior Iron Dane Axe. *FINALLY A REAL WEAPON!* Sent her to kill some Wild Boars. Giant Boars. Regular Sized Boars. See was Awesome. Of course that in the Modded and Unmodded game the Human Butchers where too stupid to bring back the dead boar meats back into base. I Always set the Boar Corpses and Meat Dump near the Butchers Shop. Then Unforbid it so we can have meat anyway.
  • Union Mushrooms 9 NEW!!:Got the 2 Bisexual Human Males into the Honeymoon Suite. Trapped them in for a While. Will update later on if their is a Gay Marriage...   I think this !!SCIENCE!! Is going nowhere but mad Vault-Tec Experiments :-\
    I Will update if they form a Relationship. maybe worthless arguments than a Grudge.
Here is New Region 2 greeting cards from The Union of Mushrooms Kingdoms.

Also here's the Union Mushrooms individual biography from the Commander. Expedition leader and an Migrant including our Mason.

Oh yeah if you gonna Mess with the RAWs and Set your VARIABLE_VALUE to [VARIABLE_VALUE:ALL:-50:50]. I Won't recommend it but hey why not give it a shot.  ;D

EDIT:OMG What have i done... why did i even follow my own advise...

EDIT:Region 3 Already playing Dwarf Mode Copied Save and Retired for Legends Mode. While Looking at the Past Behaviors of the Seven. They just almost acted like they are from 42.03 Last time. VALUE_VARIABLE:ALL:-50:50 Is really making them act like Something Something... I Can't Describe it... They All want to see Nature Burned down into a Great Mining Pit. Disgusted by Tranquility. Sees Merrymaking and Sacrifice highly important...
The Equivalent Realm brings you Magic and Wonder Come to our Place we got a Aquifer Swimming pool!!
  • Equivalent Realm 1:All the starting Seven all have formed Friends together. Friends 4Ever until a Dragon Wrecks us all!  :)
  • Equivalent Realm 2:There was a Honey badger near our Wagon. Honey badger didn't care. Attacked our Weaponsmith. Weaponsmith didn't care either. didn't feel anything in conflict.
    (Yeah there was this HONEYBADGER trying kill me but i IGNORED it and walked away. -Ino)
    Also i sent the Militia Commander who isn't awesome like the one from NEW Region 2. To kill the Honey Badger with Her Fists the Woodcrafter decided to join in with his fists too. The one with the axe is with the Mason who is just chopping trees far west. Also Woodcrafter killed the badger... 
  • Equivalent Realm 3:Built Bed randomly placed in the mines. Everyone didn't feel anything after sleeping without a Proper room! YES! That's one of those advantages! (i don't know which value makes them sleep without proper rooms though. :/ ) They still get bad moods with the lack of chairs and sleeping on the ground though.
  • Equivalent Realm 4:Nothing eventful because of Aquifer. (Atleast its easy access to a Well) Woodcrafter and Militia Commander became Lovers for some reason.  :o
    Oh yeah i just starting building a Castle Megaproject just to Test my DF Building and Megaproject Building Skills...
    • Equivalent Realm 5:Reading the personalities of The Seven Humans. It seems that they get a Good Mood for Butchering an Animal or Chopping Down a Tree also somehow oddly getting into arguments make them a bit satisfied. okay...

Enough of that... Legends Time!! of the our CIV in Region 3!!

• Cutlass throwing competitions yo ho har har... Okay i know that Mushroom Union had War hammer throwing competitions. But you can mod in a new weapon let's say Zweihanders or Nunchucks... There will be Nunchuck throwing contests. don't know about Zweihander Throwing contests though...   
    • I don't how many Humans became were beasts or vampires in the legends. i don't if the VALUES matter with the frequency.
    • Yadda yadda ya... They keep telling the same story about the Gobbo Ngoso Quicknessmaligned How they killed him bla bla bla...

No Not much don't read Legends that often only the maps and individuals.

Posters from The Equivalent Realms! hope enjoy your stay with cutlass throwing competitions in Equivalent Realm's throw like a pirate day!!

Spoiler: Badger Incident (click to show/hide)
    Spoiler: Legends mostly (click to show/hide)

Here are the Seven's autobiography profiles i mean all of the Seven...

Okay i don't what i'm really doing... but why not you try it your self. set the VARIABLE_VALUE To -50 & 50... Maybe you can find more important information than me... Also this was my first !!SCIENCE!! I Ever did!!  :D

OLD:Region 2 has a problem though with it's world gen settings.

It Seems that there is no iron ore to be found anywhere in the world.  :-\

So it's looks like that i'm going to start a fresh new world sorry about that. *Throws Region 2 into the Recycle bin*

I'm going to still update the Pure Union updates at Region 1 Though. also modding a bit for allowing anvils to be made from silver and platinum.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:11:08 am by Player111444 »

Not a fan of CnC Rivals.