Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The 11 Commonwealths of America, OCC!  (Read 2168 times)

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
The 11 Commonwealths of America, OCC!
« on: January 26, 2016, 09:27:25 pm »

The year is 1863, and the Confederate States of America has won the Civil War. At the treaty of Quebec, the CSA would gain land from the Union (USA), such as parts of Maryland and parts of the Rio Grande River. Because of the massive loss, the Union has fractured, leaving behind 7 new nations. The CSA however, isn't doing so well ether. Because of the victory, some states from the CSA secede to form their own nations, only using the Civil War as a opportunity to become independent. With exhausted resources, the CSA can not do anything, leading to the 11 Commonwealths!
Want to sign up? then follow this prompt

Nation Name:
Former States:
Government:

I will determine military sizes after some people join.

If you have questions, ask me! If this is a bad roleplay, tell me complaints! I probably will understand, and I will try to address those complaints.

RULES!

Directives will be sent to me, Jayjake9. But what are directives? Directives are what you are doing for your nation, such as enabling conscription, outlawing food, etc. If you have done Model UN crisis committees before, you should understand. You can also send directives to other countries, without sending the directive to me.

Rejected Directives: Things that will be rejected by the chair, me (Jayjake9) because your nation does not have the resources, such as saying "Send 90 million troops to this nations capital. And do not try and nuke anyone.

Nation Policy's: Nations will have policy's , effecting the nation, such as a ban on alcohol. If you would like to implement a policy, then send a directive to me, and I can implement it.

Weekly Wrap up: At the beginning of the weekend, I will have a weekly wrap, summarizing  the events of Saturday-Friday. 1 year= 5 days

Rules will sometimes change, due to something being unfair, or something else like that. And if you try to do something, try to keep it in that years technology. If you send me a directive about technology, I will do research, to see if your directive fits that year. So no bombers in 1899.

After Nations sign up, I will send each nation a nation profile, determining the Economy, Military, Population, and other factors.

Sometimes, there will be random news updates, outlining a random event that just happened, such as a terrorist attack or a huge event.

BTW: I will have a nation, but I will try to stay impartial, and not do bad stuff to countries I do not like. That is the end to the current rules, and they may change.

Signed up Nations:

The Commonwealth of Virginia (Leader: Jayjake9)
Former States: Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland
Government: Republic

The Kingdom of Texas (Leader: Tntey)
Formally Texas
Parliamentary Monarchy

The New Eden of California (Leader: Nunzillor)
Formerly California
Autocratic theocracy

The No Man's Land of Kansas
Kansas/Nebraska
Anarchy

Nation Name: La Frontera Mexico ("The Mexican Frontier")
Former States:Nevada, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico
Government: Military Governors.

Name: The People's Republic of Atlanta
Former States: Florida, Georgia, plus the Coastal parts of Alabama and Mississippi
Government: Republican Democracy

Nation Name: Wor-A-ho
Former States: Washington, Oregon, & the north half of Idaho
Government: Monarchy

Good luck nations!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:35:27 pm by Jayjake9 »
Ever heard of the phrase "Don't drop the soap? Completely disregard it in prison! It will help you climb the prison social hierarchy

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
Re: The 11 Commonwealths of America, OCC!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 09:27:46 pm »

10 nations left!
Ever heard of the phrase "Don't drop the soap? Completely disregard it in prison! It will help you climb the prison social hierarchy

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 09:32:26 pm »

The Kingdom of Texas
Formally Texas
Parliamentary Monarchy
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Nunzillor

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 09:43:35 pm »

I have a feeling I'll be terrible at this.  Better sign up, then.

The New Eden of California
Formerly California
Autocratic theocracy

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 10:10:23 pm »

8 Spots left!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 10:21:22 pm »

Kansas/Nebraska
Anarchy (Each turn, you (the GM) roll a d20 and come up with an appropriate action for Kansas. I'll occasionally drop in and give a directive, which may or may not be obeyed.)

I figured I'd drop in a wildcard/filler Commonwealth.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 10:22:44 pm »

Kansas/Nebraska
Anarchy (Each turn, you (the GM) roll a d20 and come up with an appropriate action for Kansas. I'll occasionally drop in and give a directive, which may or may not be obeyed.)

I figured I'd drop in a wildcard/filler Commonwealth.

I like the idea :)

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 10:59:53 pm »

By the way, for those who did not notice the change, 5 days is 1 year. You can also send 3 directives a day.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 11:26:41 pm »

Nation Name: La Frontera Mexico ("The Mexican Frontier")
Former States:Nevada, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico
Government: Military Governors.
Backstory: The fracture of the United States set the course for the reconquest of the lost northern territories by the Estados Unidos of the south.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:48:03 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 11:40:45 pm »

Alternate Post-Civil War History? I'm down.

Name: The People's Republic of Atlanta
Former States: Florida, Georgia, plus the Coastal parts of Alabama and Mississippi
Government: Republican Democracy
Backstory: After the civil war, a secret coalition of slaves, convicts, Native Americans and Cuban immigrants launched a coup-d'etat on the the governments of Georgia and Florida, disorganized and weakened from the war. This new state achieved stability and also has conquered coastal area from west of the Florida panhandle, seizing major ports from Alabama and Mississippi.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 07:25:10 am »

5 spots left!

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 07:46:46 am »

Also, when you pick your country, try have it take up at least 2 states. I can create npc countries if we have extra space

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 07:49:44 am »

Nation Name: Wor-A-ho
Former States: Washington, Oregon, & the north half of Idaho
Government: Monarchy
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 07:58:36 am »

3 spots left! When we get those spots filled, I will create the map, and the ICC will be created.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:35:01 am by Jayjake9 »

Jayjake9

• Bay Watcher
  • Deus Volt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 08:49:32 am »

With 3 spots left, I created the map. Give me your feedback, and there is plenty of space for people to join in! With 2 spots left, I will create the ICC!

You should be able to identify your nations color.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 09:05:46 am by Jayjake9 »
Pages: [1] 2 3