Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Project B12C - I need your help  (Read 1564 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Project B12C - I need your help
« on: January 26, 2016, 08:01:26 am »

I'm currently making a very experimental forum game and I need your help. The core idea of the game is that the player characters are individuals in a persistent world. Players give their characters goals (go to [location], try to kill [character], find a job etc.) and on each turn they are notified on any changes (travel, weather, health etc.) and presented with an event. The players are given multiple choices with how they deal with the event, for example: if they happen to meet someone new they could choose to strike up a conversation, try to start a fight, or ignore them. Their pool of events is determined by their situation, their character traits, and their goals.

I would really appreciate if you would take this survey to give me an idea of what the setting should be and what features and systems I need to make first.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Project B12C - I need your help
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 08:09:07 am »

Just make the game the way you want it. Otherwise, you won't be into it, and it will die.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 08:37:45 am »

Just make the game the way you want it. Otherwise, you won't be into it, and it will die.
The question I'm most interested in is "What kind of goal, if any, do you think the game should have?" It's simply a part of the design that I haven't really considered. As for the setting question, my original idea (a massive crossover) would have burned me out before I'd even started. Now I simply can't decide. The supernatural element question was thrown in there because I was curious as to what the answers would be.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 09:27:09 pm »

PTW.
Max avatar size is 80x80

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 09:37:24 pm »

Just as a note, if you end up with favorable result for the mutations/transformation, I believe Piecewise made a program that uses the metamorphica for you.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 09:52:24 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 09:54:59 pm »

Took it, PTW
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 12:34:41 am »

Also posting to watch.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 01:36:01 am »

The question I'm most interested in is "What kind of goal, if any, do you think the game should have?" It's simply a part of the design that I haven't really considered. As for the setting question, my original idea (a massive crossover) would have burned me out before I'd even started. Now I simply can't decide. The supernatural element question was thrown in there because I was curious as to what the answers would be.
My suggestion is to make the end goal open ended, but have specific ways to accomplish that task that every player can tackle.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 12:38:54 pm »

ptw.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 12:42:46 pm »

PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.