Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Attacking others.  (Read 833 times)

Feniks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Attacking others.
« on: January 25, 2016, 05:38:33 am »

What tag is responsible for civilisation to attack and take over other civilisations sites?

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
Re: Attacking others.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 06:50:21 am »

As far as i know all civs attack eachother if they are at war, there is no actual tag for taking over and attacking other civs.
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

Feniks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 07:18:26 am »

In 2 years I have been playing this game I haven't seen once dwarfs to take over anything.

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 08:34:06 am »

In 2 years I have been playing this game I haven't seen once dwarfs to take over anything.
I had completely forgotten about that as i was giving my first answer.  :-[
The answer might have something to do with the combination of [BIOME_SUPPORT] and [TOLERATES/LIKES_SITE] tags, as in X lives in Forest in a Tree city. Because of that Y may not want to take over the Tree city owned by X because he doesent have neither the BIOME_SUPPORT for forest nor TOLERATES/LIKES_SITE for tree city.

This is only just speculation though.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:39:06 am by Cheesoburgor »

Feniks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 12:58:29 pm »

I will play with it for a bit and see what I can do with it over this week.

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 08:18:50 am »

Just found this from the wiki, explains why dwarves never take over anything
''RULES_FROM_LOCATION
If there is a special location set aside for rulers, this is at present only the human castle/mead hall and the elf home tree the position holder will always be found at that particular location. Does nothing for dwarf nobles because at present dwarves have no such special location and may not conquer any foreign sites because of lack of defined siege criteria. Additionally, at present newly created position holders post-gen will not relocate to the proper location if the previously holder died violently, at least which the player was present (may be a bug or it may be a feature).''

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 12:35:08 am »

''RULES_FROM_LOCATION
If there is a special location set aside for rulers, this is at present only the human castle/mead hall and the elf home tree the position holder will always be found at that particular location. Does nothing for dwarf nobles because at present dwarves have no such special location and may not conquer any foreign sites because of lack of defined siege criteria. Additionally, at present newly created position holders post-gen will not relocate to the proper location if the previously holder died violently, at least which the player was present (may be a bug or it may be a feature).''
I removed this from the Dwarf-entity, and I still didn't see the Dwarves declaring any wars. Mind, I might have just been unlucky.
What actually leads to Dwarves declaring wars?
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 12:59:54 am »

''RULES_FROM_LOCATION

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 01:03:20 am »

''RULES_FROM_LOCATION
Ah, I misread that. Sorry about that.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."