Author Topic: Poke  (Read 37552 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Poke
« Reply #195 on: March 22, 2016, 09:58:15 pm »

I read the first part and skimmed the second.

Thought it'd be something like that. So, can we start the project then? Are you clear on the steps we're taking and in what order? If yes, when should I check back in to see if there's problems or issues we should address? Or will you just notify us when that happens?
Basically, all you need is to decide with the mission 26 people as to what universe to send it in, and then have one of them do that as an action. As per when to check back on it, I'd give it a bit. Check back every so often to see if it's grown to a usable state.

Wait, what about the VR testing phase, and the field test in a controlled environment (eg a moon somewhere in the Hep system)? Can we assume those all went off without a hitch, or did you roll and did we just get lucky (or unlucky, if the roll indicated there are problems but we don't find them)?
Eh, we can but whatever. Even if we do it there's still a chance of failure no matter what you do. We can fuck around in testing to make you feel better and so you can maybe patch one failure point, but I'll always find another way to fuck ya if you roll bad.

SO WE MIGHT AS WELL GET THIS ORGY STARTED!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2016, 08:55:39 am »

Thought it'd be something like that. So, can we start the project then? Are you clear on the steps we're taking and in what order? If yes, when should I check back in to see if there's problems or issues we should address? Or will you just notify us when that happens?
Basically, all you need is to decide with the mission 26 people as to what universe to send it in, and then have one of them do that as an action. As per when to check back on it, I'd give it a bit. Check back every so often to see if it's grown to a usable state.

Wait, what about the VR testing phase, and the field test in a controlled environment (eg a moon somewhere in the Hep system)? Can we assume those all went off without a hitch, or did you roll and did we just get lucky (or unlucky, if the roll indicated there are problems but we don't find them)?
Eh, we can but whatever. Even if we do it there's still a chance of failure no matter what you do. We can fuck around in testing to make you feel better and so you can maybe patch one failure point, but I'll always find another way to fuck ya if you roll bad.

Point taken. However, I'm currently on a mission, so I'm not sure if it'd be ok to brief Hep/M26 people on the project. Should I, or should I wait till the mission is over? And if yes, should we explain it as communicating through the portal in real time (which would be weird, since you'd expect Miya to stay focused on the task at hand unless there hasn't been anything incoming for a long time), or pretend said briefing happened at some other time before or after the mission (aka Hep brand Flexible timeTM?

Also, can I decide for myself whether said project has been secretly in the works at Hep up till now, or if it has been done in collaboration with other Hep peeps? There's been input from others OOC'ly, but not really much IC'ly, so I'm not sure yet how we'll be spinning this (though Miya keeping a very close eye on it and not allowing direct alterations/additions unless seen and approved is a given either way).

Finally, how many of these auto-colonies do we have access to right now, and do we have to select the modules we want to send over to any particular candidate, or are the appropriate modules just chosen automatically?
These are said modules, in case you don’t remember:

Spoiler: command and control (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: knowledge (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: EUE (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spess shups (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2016, 10:40:42 am »

Point taken. However, I'm currently on a mission, so I'm not sure if it'd be ok to brief Hep/M26 people on the project. Should I, or should I wait till the mission is over? And if yes, should we explain it as communicating through the portal in real time (which would be weird, since you'd expect Miya to stay focused on the task at hand unless there hasn't been anything incoming for a long time), or pretend said briefing happened at some other time before or after the mission (aka Hep brand Flexible timeTM?

Also, can I decide for myself whether said project has been secretly in the works at Hep up till now, or if it has been done in collaboration with other Hep peeps? There's been input from others OOC'ly, but not really much IC'ly, so I'm not sure yet how we'll be spinning this (though Miya keeping a very close eye on it and not allowing direct alterations/additions unless seen and approved is a given either way).

Finally, how many of these auto-colonies do we have access to right now, and do we have to select the modules we want to send over to any particular candidate, or are the appropriate modules just chosen automatically?
These are said modules, in case you don’t remember:

Spoiler: command and control (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: knowledge (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: EUE (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spess shups (click to show/hide)
For the purposes of speed you can communicate with them directly OOC, we'll assume you actually got this project started before you left on mission in the timeline of the gameworld.

Up to you.

I'd select the ones you want, because, for instance, an EUE is gonna be pretty resource heavy. You don't want to send it to some place where it seems like it will be a struggle just to maintain basic functions, let alone more complex ones.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2016, 08:47:27 am »

Could you tell us more about the alternate set of universes an EUE could access? What would need to change in an EUE to access an alternate set? Could a machine/AI make these changes, or would a team of human scientists be needed?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2016, 09:55:07 am »

Could you tell us more about the alternate set of universes an EUE could access? What would need to change in an EUE to access an alternate set? Could a machine/AI make these changes, or would a team of human scientists be needed?

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking about which alternate universes the EUE could be installed in?  Because in that case it's any universe with laws similar enough to our own that we can manufacture it to function. If you go to a universe where metal is soft and there's constant repulsive forces from all matter over a certain mass, then it ain't gonna work. But in recursive animal universe, it would.

And a machine/ai could probably do it, so long as it doesn't require major changes that need to be researched.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2016, 12:25:20 pm »

Will there be a timeskip before ER is over?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2016, 12:47:04 pm »

Will there be a timeskip before ER is over?
Probably not.

But there will be a suicide mission.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2016, 12:49:22 pm »

Ah If I wanted to try aging my character several years is there a way for me to do that?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2016, 07:25:46 pm »

Ah If I wanted to try aging my character several years is there a way for me to do that?
Sure! Ask in the infirmary and I'm sure we can shave some years off your life span.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2016, 04:03:33 am »

Sure! Ask in the infirmary and I'm sure we can shave some years off your life span.

Even with the Doc gone, the guys and gals and the infirmary have never said no to practicing some invasive surgery. His legacy lives on.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 03, 2016, 09:27:46 am »

Hell, I can get you older right now, I have the parts for it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2016, 09:48:04 am »

We can rebuild him, we have the technology. He'll be slower, weaker, and grayer than ever before!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2016, 11:32:09 am »

We can rebuild her, we have the technology. She'll be slower, weaker, and grayer than ever before!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 03, 2016, 11:46:45 am »

We can rebuild her, we have the technology. She'll be slower, weaker, and grayer than ever before!
No, I don't have any girl parts inside me at the moment.
Oh man the double entendre opportunities for me are amazing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2016, 01:43:36 pm »

No, I don't have any girl parts inside me at the moment.
Oh man the double entendre opportunities for me are amazing.
How do you get girl parts inside you? Isn't it the other way around.
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16